GAC scoring

2Next

Replies

• ^^^ toon sectors are worth 180 banners for conqueror and ship sector is worth 153 banners. Him taking your toon sector was more worth it. Also who knows if he used undersized teams or not to get more banner.

You have to do the math on both zones. Clearing both top zones in 363 conquer points. Clearing both bottom is 360.
  • The toon sector I conquered says its worth 210. Add that to 153 and it is 363 compared to 360. I put all 3 on d and you are right, I forgot he beat an extra team so that’s why my math is wrong. I meant to put darth Revan on bottom when placing but accidentally put it on top. That’s why I lost
  • Sorry I'm in a lower division, one less team to place was looking at my layout at the time
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    srwhitewvu wrote: »
    No I’m saying if someone loses on the first time twice and the other person doesn’t lose once, the person who lost twice should not have a chance to win if they win an equal amount of battles. The person who lost twice lost and therefore is not as good.

You did worse than your opponent. Your opponent was better than you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The toon sector I conquered says its worth 210. Add that to 153 and it is 363 compared to 360. I put all 3 on d and you are right, I forgot he beat an extra team so that’s why my math is wrong. I meant to put darth Revan on bottom when placing but accidentally put it on top. That’s why I lost

So....... The scoring system is fine?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So mystery solved. While you both stalled in your front zones, I employ this as a strategy by making my lower back zone bullet proof and leaving the ship zone (front/back) softer.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    This thread hahah
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The toon sector I conquered says its worth 210. Add that to 153 and it is 363 compared to 360. I put all 3 on d and you are right, I forgot he beat an extra team so that’s why my math is wrong. I meant to put darth Revan on bottom when placing but accidentally put it on top. That’s why I lost

Waqui wrote: »

The scoring system did not fail me this time but it is far from fine. They should give more credit to people who have defensive success as it’s much harder to be good at defense than offense.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

The scoring system did not fail me this time but it is far from fine. They should give more credit to people who have defensive success as it’s much harder to be good at defense than offense.

It's not so much that the scoring system doesn't give players credit for defensive succes, it's moreso that you believe first attempt wins should be weighted more heavily compared to 2nd attempt wins.
    One could easily argue that forcing your opponent to spill banners is considered defensive success.
  • Defense is heavily penalized in the overall scoring system. Not for the original reason I posted about but due to the fact someone who clears but barely wins is awarded more banners than someone who dominates their opponent by winning by a wider margin but didn’t necessarily max out their offensive points. Like I said it’s harder to be good at defense and they should not penalize people. If you beat someone 1894-1034, you should be given more credit than someone beating a similar opponent, 1920-1918. Margin of victory should be taken into account. That’s my biggest issue with the scoring system. I know that was not my original point but, having said that, I still do think, there should be more of a penalty for not clearing on the first try and should increasingly go down for each additional try (ie the decrease shouldn’t be capped at three). Last point, they shouldn’t lock defenses in when you place them as there is no reason to force them to be locked. If I make a mistake, I should be able to withdraw and put another defense in. Given the developers horrible record for mistakes, you would think they would allow this, but they are clueless.
  • srwhitewvu wrote: »
    Defense is heavily penalized in the overall scoring system. Not for the original reason I posted about but due to the fact someone who clears but barely wins is awarded more banners than someone who dominates their opponent by winning by a wider margin but didn’t necessarily max out their offensive points. Like I said it’s harder to be good at defense and they should not penalize people. If you beat someone 1894-1034, you should be given more credit than someone beating a similar opponent, 1920-1918. Margin of victory should be taken into account. That’s my biggest issue with the scoring system. I know that was not my original point but, having said that, I still do think, there should be more of a penalty for not clearing on the first try and should increasingly go down for each additional try (ie the decrease shouldn’t be capped at three). Last point, they shouldn’t lock defenses in when you place them as there is no reason to force them to be locked. If I make a mistake, I should be able to withdraw and put another defense in. Given the developers horrible record for mistakes, you would think they would allow this, but they are clueless.
    Your logic is flawed.

People who win by a wide margin might have done so because their opponent didn’t participate at all.

Whereas someone winning by a narrow margin may have been up against someone who fought tooth and nail in a close battle.

All you can control is your score. The opponent’s score is not something you can influence, so to reward people for wider margins of victory is not sensible.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Loosing the 20 points bonus from first attempt wins is a quite big hit. Having to use an additional team is a quite big disadvantage.

Look at it this way:
    Your opponent had 3 teams left standing - you had only 2. Your opponent was better at defense than you were. Your opponent won. To me that is credit for defensive success.
  • Not really, people who don’t participate are being weeded out by them being kicked out. As I said, in my example, I said similar opponents so a person not participating is not a similar opponent.
    Not really, people who don’t participate are being weeded out by them being kicked out. As I said, in my example, I said similar opponents so a person not participating is not a similar opponent.
    Who’s being kicked out? What are you referring to?

How would the game know when someone had “earned” a wide victory margin and when someone had got it by default when opponent didn’t participate?

Again, the only thing you can influence is your score. Rewarding people for their margin of victory introduces a random element that we don’t have control of.

Example - in GAC I have faced exactly 1 opponent ever who has not participated. They attacked my NS team, failed and TM loaded it - then didn’t attack again. Every other opponent I’ve faced (and we’re approaching 50 of them now) has engaged fully with attack mode. Some of my guild mates are getting a non-attacker every other match. Why do they deserve more rewards than me?
  • If people don’t do anything in GAC, they are kicking them out of GAC. It was announced a long time ago. Not hard for the system to determine if you aren’t participating. If you don’t make an attempt at winning a match, you aren’t participating. The system would adjust the scoring accordingly. It can tell if an attempt was made as it clearly shows if attempts were made. Only award bonus points for margin of victory on opponents who actually try and are similarly situated.
    If people don’t do anything in GAC, they are kicking them out of GAC. It was announced a long time ago.

Could you paste the source for this? I think you’re imagining this.

There are threads full of people who state they sign up and set auto defence and never attack, as well as people who deliberately set fewer defence teams on purpose.

People are only removed from GAC if they don’t sign up for it. Nobody is removed.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    You're all over the place my friend, not making a lot of sense either.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    [deleted]
  • your system seems to be getting more complicated and still didn't address the issue Darjelo raised about someone who did make and effort on one team and then gave up with zero offensive banners.

Anyways, whatever kicking out mechanism is in place it's clearly not working as you think it is. I've won plenty of GA matches on my alt account I didn't have time to take part in via the tried and tested auto deploy followed by having a higher GP method. Once I even got into the 2nd to 4th prize bracket by not taking part for a whole GA round. (not proud of it but it's a second account I play a bit now and then when I have the time and there's lots of casual players at the level of that account that don't take part in GA on a regular basis).
    If people don’t do anything in GAC, they are kicking them out of GAC. It was announced a long time ago.

Yeah this is just straight-up false. Devs have never stated anyone was being banned from GAC for any reason.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Here is the quote that OP is referring to I believe
    Non-Participation: Lastly, no-shows have been an issue for folks trying to complete achievements and feats. Going forward, we are further discouraging signing up and not participating by removing all points you would have earned (either win or loss) if you do not participate in a round at all. You will receive an inbox message explaining that you did not participate and will not receive any score or rewards for this round.

From this announcement
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211725/grand-arena-championship-update

But As I mentioned above... I've got plenty rewards from GAC on my alt not taking part. Although maybe the bit about not earning points towards championship score applies... not sure.
    If you can’t beat someone on the first try twice, you aren’t as good as someone that can beat the same amount of teams in the first try. I don’t care how good you do in your other battles. If it takes more than one attempt twice and the other guy doesn’t lose, the person who took less tries is better. This is common sense.

So if he scored 60 pts on all ur other teams but u limped by with 46-50 pts on all, u still deserve to win? Lolllllll
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I think there was a statement about not getting rewards from GAC if you never participate? But that’s very different than being kicked out.