Does Padme kit include a immune to max health reduction?

So I hope this is not a stupid question. But before I submit a bug report thought I would ask the community. Does Padmes kit prevent max health reduction? I am asking because as a test I attacked a Padme lead team with My Jedi Knight Reven lead Jedi team. As a test I continuously targeted Padme with all assist, Marked, and counter attacks. Ensuring she had protection up as often as possible. When able I used basic attacks on her. With JKR lead each Jedi basic attack should reduce her max health if she has protection up. This never happened. Now I am not sure if assist and counter attacks are considered “basic” attacks or not. But Grand Master Yoda does gain TM on assist and counter attacks which is tied to his basic ability so I assume these are basic attacks. During the test runs I hit Padme while she had protection up at least 50 times with basic, assist or counter attacks but she never had the health reduction. Have tried the same thing with nest and see immediate results. Is this a bug or is this part of the Padme kit. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you all can provide.

Replies

• With her unique zeta'd attacks out of turn grant 40% prot up. So you aren't able to get thru that which makes them super strong against assist teams.
  • JKR's max health reduction only happens if the target has bonus protection, which is different from Protection Up. Only Nest and Traya have bonus protection, to my knowledge.
  • Thanks that makes sense. The bonus protection vs protection up. But did they really create a leadership ability that only works against 2 specific enemies? That part confuses me. Thanks for the responses.
  • The edited his leadership after the fact from what I remember, and the last few meta's have basically been created as a direct counter to the last meta, so yeah.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Thanks that makes sense. The bonus protection vs protection up. But did they really create a leadership ability that only works against 2 specific enemies? That part confuses me. Thanks for the responses.

Yes they did. They created a character that is specifically made to counter the previous meta, a.k.a Traya. Then they made Drevan who has abilities that are a complete counter to JKR.
  • Even if they were the same type of protection that jkr reduces, padme prevents all debuffs when they have that protection and it would resist all the reduce max health

Yes they did. They created a character that is specifically made to counter the previous meta, a.k.a Traya. Then they made Drevan who has abilities that are a complete counter to JKR.

Don't forget that the meta they created with Jedi Knight Revan also included the ability to beat every single other team out there plus all future teams too. Good lord I hate JKR
  • Kanak wrote: »
    Even if they were the same type of protection that jkr reduces, padme prevents all debuffs when they have that protection and it would resist all the reduce max health

Health reduction this way is a detrimental effect and not a debuff.

Don't forget that the meta they created with Jedi Knight Revan also included the ability to beat every single other team out there plus all future teams too. Good lord I hate JKR

Don’t forget the “can’t gain bonus TM at the beginning of battle” that basically only affected bastila lead and bb8.

I hate Malak more.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Thanks that makes sense. The bonus protection vs protection up. But did they really create a leadership ability that only works against 2 specific enemies? That part confuses me. Thanks for the responses.

I hate Malak more.

Both were terrible, though I agree with you. I could beat 80% of the time JKR teams with my JTR team, Drevan was okay when he was beatable with Palp and then they made him unstoppable with the nerf..
  • Kanak wrote: »
    Even if they were the same type of protection that jkr reduces, padme prevents all debuffs when they have that protection and it would resist all the reduce max health
    Health reduction is resistable, as you can see when you target a tenacious Nest : it takes a lot longer to reduce her Health

Don’t forget the “can’t gain bonus TM at the beginning of battle” that basically only affected bastila lead and bb8.

it doesn't affect BB8, because it prevent turn meter gain from leader abilities, and the turn meter gain of BB8 is from a unique
  • Metasly wrote: »
    Kanak wrote: »
    Health reduction is resistable, as you can see when you target a tenacious Nest : it takes a lot longer to reduce her Health

And offense up helps to do more damage. But I’m not sure what either of these have to do with my comment. Padme’s kit says that when a unit has protection up, they resist all debuffs, but a debuff and detrimental effect are not always the same thing.
  • Sanderzas wrote: »
    Thanks that makes sense. The bonus protection vs protection up. But did they really create a leadership ability that only works against 2 specific enemies? That part confuses me. Thanks for the responses.

it doesn't affect BB8, because it prevent turn meter gain from leader abilities, and the turn meter gain of BB8 is from a unique

Yea this was done to stop zMaul + Trio getting off quick n early isolate + cooldown increases
  • Metasly wrote: »
    Kanak wrote: »

And offense up helps to do more damage. But I’m not sure what either of these have to do with my comment. Padme’s kit says that when a unit has protection up, they resist all debuffs, but a debuff and detrimental effect are not always the same thing.

Expect I'm totally wrong but I was under the impression that the distinction between a detrimental effect and a debuff was purely semantic and just a change in the convention used by CG in ability descriptions.

Do you have examples of a detrimental effect (that's not a debuff) that can be applied to a Padme team when they have protection up.

I assume Nute's cool down increase would be one. Can that be applied to a Padme with protection up?

That mechanic was added to his leadership after his release when people quickly figured out that Jedi Revan could be relatively easily beaten with a slow Nest. They couldn't have their precious meta-god ruined by some scrubby marquee so they added a Nest-killer to his kit.

They later did the same thing by giving Malak the thematically-bizarre ability to prevent Sith enemies from gaining bonus turn meter, when it was discovered that Palpatine teams could dunk on Darth Revan.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png