Precedent for 29.99 w no unlock ?

Prev1
Has there been a precedent for a 29.99 pack for no character unlock ?

Does anyone remember what brood alpha had ?

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Pack was the same. No way to check the price unless you bought it and check your history asaik:
    PACKS AND BUNDLES
    BATTLEFIELD LEADER: GEONOSIAN BROOD ALPHA
    The Geonosian Brood Alpha Bundle and Pack are now available in the Store for a limited time! Unlock or power up this hive commander and lead the Geonosians into battle today!
    Please note: Geonosian Brood Alpha requires 80 shards to activate.

Bundle includes:

Geonosian Brood Alpha Shards (x40)
    Credits
    Ability Materials
    Mk 9 Kyrotech Battle Computer Prototype Salvage x 50
    Mk 7 Kyrotech Shock Prod Prototype Salvage x 50
    Mk 8 BioTech Implant x 1

Date Available: June 26th
    Minimum Level Requirements: 85
    Maximum # Purchases: 1

Pack came out June 26th.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Pack was the same. No way to check the price unless you bought it and check your history asaik:
    PACKS AND BUNDLES
    The Geonosian Brood Alpha Bundle and Pack are now available in the Store for a limited time! Unlock or power up this hive commander and lead the Geonosians into battle today!

Bundle includes:

Credits
    Ability Materials
    Mk 8 BioTech Implant x 1

Pack came out June 26th.

That is absolutely not the same. Getting 100 Kyrotech pieces makes the GBA pack much better value than the ARC pack.
  • Brood Alpha pack was the same price, same amount of shards. I bought it and just double-checked it in my purchase history. Wasn't willing to spend that much on the ARC pack though, especially not with that other gear there in place of the Kyros.
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    Was wondering the same. $30 just seems like a lot for half of a character unlock.
  • Yeah. Good call on checking purchase history: the kyros definitely made me buy it for geo brood alpha.

This pack is just so lackluster.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    PACKS AND BUNDLES

Bundle includes:

Credits
    Ability Materials
    Mk 8 BioTech Implant x 1

Pack came out June 26th.

That is absolutely not the same. Getting 100 Kyrotech pieces makes the GBA pack much better value than the ARC pack.

I stand corrected. lack of Kyros is a big difference.
  • May not be good value... but its not the first time theyve done it
  • No worse than forcing us to buy packs for 2 characters when you already have one, like with the vets.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    No worse than forcing us to buy packs for 2 characters when you already have one, like with the vets.

or the OR packs, but this is still worse. At least if you HAD("") to buy those you could get shard currency, the gear in this pack is just lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lol $30 for effectively nothing

It's not nothing, but it's not a good deal.

I figure, the same amount buys 4200 in crystals.

Do 3 x 100 a day for 14 days.

On average I recall getting about 7-12 shards per 3 refreshes.

We'll go with 8 shards on avg. X 14 = 112

So it's like the kids experiment. You give kids a donut and tell them if they can wait 10 minutes without eating it, they can have another. If you're willing to spread it out, using the crystals in catina is a way better value.
  • Farming drops suck 600 energy and 6 shards w tf
  • EAS wrote: »
    Farming drops suck 600 energy and 6 shards w tf

You're clearly farming wrong. Got at least 20 shards with 700ish energy today.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    EAS wrote: »
    Farming drops suck 600 energy and 6 shards w tf

You're clearly farming wrong. Got at least 20 shards with 700ish energy today.

Lol. Farming wrong.
  • I spent about 235 and fot 12.... The rule of 3 is how i sim.
  • There isn't a facepalm meme strong enough for this.
  • They put it in there without the kyrotech salvage just to see how many people would purchase it without realizing it had rubbish in it. (I'm guessing quite a few did.)
  • Imperial Probe Droid was only 9.99 but no unlock
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    With the time until event drops, the pack plus farming and a few pack purchases puts you on track to have him for geo TB for phase 3-4. Drops are large enough that you don’t need to do many crystal pack purchases

It's not nothing, but it's not a good deal.

I figure, the same amount buys 4200 in crystals.

Do 3 x 100 a day for 14 days.

On average I recall getting about 7-12 shards per 3 refreshes.

We'll go with 8 shards on avg. X 14 = 112

So it's like the kids experiment. You give kids a donut and tell them if they can wait 10 minutes without eating it, they can have another. If you're willing to spread it out, using the crystals in catina is a way better value.

12 energy node. 165 free cantina a day plus 3 refreshes. That equals just under 43 sims a day. at the recognized 33% drop rate that equals roughly 14 shards a day with 3 refreshes a day or ~24 days for 7*, which is what is needed.

Now to have it available for the mission we have 9ish days which is 37 shards a day. To reach that number we'd need 9.6... 10 cantina refreshes a day..
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Hmm 30 bucks for 40 shards of a guy I want plus some gear bits that arent too hard to farm? I think I'd rather just farm those 40 shards over the span of a few days and save the 30 for some chicken wings and a pitcher or 2 of beer
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    Greedy greedy greedy!!

It’s only getting worse and worse.

5.7m GP and have stopped spending whatsoever. Only logging in and keeping my game going to see if EA will step in and fire these incompetent fools.
    Vicarious wrote: »
    Greedy greedy greedy!!

I’m right there with you after spending to unlock GAS at 5.2 mil GP. That was the last time I spent money on this game. No more marquee, no more 1st time unlocks. I don’t care anymore to get these unlocks with these requirements and RNG.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited November 2019

yqqbe7aqcc141.jpg
    Still not a he.
  • DHudson wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

yqqbe7aqcc141.jpg

Not a no name character

The point is that that pack doesn’t give you enough shards to unlock the character.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    DHudson wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

yqqbe7aqcc141.jpg

Not a no name character

The point is that that pack doesn’t give you enough shards to unlock the character.

Who also happens to be the character who was released onto a cantina node right before the first TB was introduced and was required for the special mission to unlock the character in that TB (IPD) EXACTLY like GBA and ARC trooper.

Perfect example. Exactly on topic. The precedent for 40/80 shards has been there all along and remains unchanged (though they did put Stark in the guild store instead). Now I'm not sure what the price was on that pack...