Grand Arena byes lose out of multiple rewards, 100's of currency, & 1000's of championship pts

Prev1345
Mephistopheles
77 posts Member
edited November 2019
The 1st two Grand Arenas I got 3 byes, giving me 5 of the 8 individual battles.

My championship score after the 1st 2 Grand Arenas was: 29,291

Dividing my score by 5 gives me the average I scored per individual battle: (29,291/5) = 5,858.2

Thus, I lost 5,858 pts per bye (17,574.6 pts total) plus feat currency, divison rewards, and final event rewards.

In conclusion, getting a bye does not give you anything, contradicting the developer's comment and screws you out of thousands of championship pts, good rewards, and GA currency. It totally sucks!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• 1st off, how are people getting multiple byes? This needs to be fixed if it’s true. Byes should be rare, and should never be given to the same players.

2nd, you get max banners for a bye. We know this is true because we literally see it on the leaderboard. You do lose out on usually 1 feat and the others become a little more challenging with fewer battles but not impossible. You did not lose out on thousands of points. Most people gain points with a bye. Only the really elite players will be given fewer points than they average.
  • 1st off, how are people getting multiple byes? This needs to be fixed if it’s true. Byes should be rare, and should never be given to the same players.

2nd, you get max banners for a bye. We know this is true because we literally see it on the leaderboard. You do lose out on usually 1 feat and the others become a little more challenging with fewer battles but not impossible. You did not lose out on thousands of points. Most people gain points with a bye. Only the really elite players will be given fewer points than they average.

This is their 2nd post on it and I've yet to figure out how they come to that math.
  • The 1st two Grand Arenas I got 3 byes, giving me 5 of the 8 individual battles.

My championship score after the 1st 2 Grand Arenas was: 29,291

Dividing my score by 5 gives me the average I scored per individual battle: (29,291/5) = 5,858.2

Thus, I lost 5,858 pts per bye (17,574.6 pts total) plus feat currency, divison rewards, and final event rewards.

In conclusion, getting a bye does not give you anything, contradicting the developer's comment and screws you out of thousands of championship pts, good rewards, and GA currency. It totally sucks!

You know there are only 3 battles per GA right? Which means you actually battled in 3 of 6 rounds.

Also, no, you did not miss out on 5800 points per bye. That is an impossible score, even in Div 1. I believe max banners from def and off is 1959, with 1600 for winning, meaning 3559 per round (not including feats).

now assuming you mean 8 battles (including the current GA round), then you would have gotten 10677 from the byes and 18614 from your own performances. This would be an average of 3722.8 including any feats you have accomplished.

Just to reiterate, you are most definitely getting points from a bye. The max points possible from 5 rounds without any feats in Div 1 is 17795, and yet you have 29291.

congrats on getting a bunch of free points with no effort

Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I guarantee you that I did not get max banners/pts for a bye, I got 3 in the 1st 2 GA's, I should know.

File a bug report then. We can see via leaderboards what happens when people get a bye.
  • I guarantee you that I did not get max banners/pts for a bye, I got 3 in the 1st 2 GA's, I should know.

if you didn't get max banners than your 29k banners would be impossible to achieve. This is a mathematical fact based on the maximum number of banners from off, def, and winning.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I might be mistaken about the number of rounds per GA, if its 3, then I lost:
    29,291/3= 9,763 times 3 byes missed = 29,291, half my score.

This somehow makes less sense than all the other nonsensical math you have posted today
  • I am only referring to the 1st 2 official GA's, I am not including the current GA.

That is reason I am posting this, I GUARANTEE I did not get max pts per bye, I got nothing for the last bye.
    I guarantee you that I did not get max banners/pts for a bye, I got 3 in the 1st 2 GA's, I should know.

if you didn't get max banners than your 29k banners would be impossible to achieve. This is a mathematical fact based on the maximum number of banners from off, def, and winning.

And I GUARANTEE you are wrong, since your score would be impossible
  • I might be mistaken about the number of rounds per GA, if its 3, then I lost:
    29,291/3= 9,763 times 3 byes missed = 29,291, half my score.

So now you're saying your current gac score should be 38,000 points? A full 7,000 point more then 1st place in division 1?????
  • No, it turns out there are 4 rounds of 3 battles per GA, so my original math is correct.

Oh so you should have 48,000 points, a full 17,000 more points then the current first place person? I'm impressed
  • Am I to assume you're talking about lifetime score here?
  • If I'd done my average without byes, I would have had 46,864 pts after the 1st two offical GA's. A lot of people had over 60,000 pts after the 1st 2 GAs.

Uh noone has 60k points yet this ga. The highest score in division one is roughly 32k. Where on earth are you getting these numvers?
  • PS - the person in the lead right now has 104,951 pts.

Ok that's lifetime score so that takes into account the 2 prior full gacs, or 24 additional battles.
  • So you are talking about lifetime score, right. Thats what you have scored over all the GA's, not just this one, so what does that number say for you?
  • So you’re talking two full GACs, so 24 rounds. What division are you? How’d you do in the 21 rounds where you didn’t get a bye?
  • @DuneFlint you need to look at higher divisions.

Lol I am only looking at div 1. And as someone earlier pointed out the absolute max points for a win is roughly 3,600 points. So it's impossible for you to have lost 5k points per bye
This discussion has been closed.