Grand Arena byes lose out of multiple rewards, 100's of currency, & 1000's of championship pts

Replies

• Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    No Zap, my math is correct and since you cannot say where, you don't get it. I might have the wrong number of individual battles per round (is it 3 or 4?) But the math is correct nonetheless.

We can’t say where your math is wrong because we have no clue what you are even doing. It’s like saying 2A + (Cincinnati - 3Chickens) = Darth Vader. Where am I wrong?
  • No Zap, my math is correct and since you cannot say where, you don't get it. I might have the wrong number of individual battles per round (is it 3 or 4?) But the math is correct nonetheless.

We can’t say where your math is wrong because we have no clue what you are even doing. It’s like saying 2A + (Cincinnati - 3Chickens) = Darth Vader. Where am I wrong?

Lol
  • @DuneFlint that max pts is not true.

What’s not true? Current GAC the max points per round is 1967 plus 1600 for the win, so 3567 points max.
  • @DuneFlint that max pts is not true.

Div 1
    730 pts for defense
    Offense is 64×7 for squad
    66 for ship

Conquer is 210, 180,180, 153

Round win bonus 1600

Add it all together a you are at 3,567 points for an absolute perfect score and no feats. There are not 2k points of feats every battle
  • Unless they're talking about a full 3 round match, in which case you'd have a max of 10,701? I don't know exactly how byes work, so it's hard to judge. If its one round of one competition, then the points you should have earned from it would be what I said above, if you miss a full set of rounds, then it would be the above value x3, so probably not that, but I'm not sure.
  • I believe my 1st post was clear, but I will try to clear it up further:

There has only been 2 official full GA's, we are on our 3rd.

I am in division 1.

I am only talking about the 1st two GA's.

Each GA has 4 rounds of 3 battles each.

So, 2 full GAs gives 8 rounds with 24 battles.

You lose the entire round of 3 battles for each bye you get.

The 1st two Grand Arenas I got 3 byes, allowing me to fight 5 of the 8 individual battles for the 1st 2 GAs.

My championship score after the 1st teo full Grand Arenas (8 rounds of 3 battles per round) was: 29,291

Dividing my score by 5 battles of the 8 total for the 1st 2 GAs only, gives me the average I scored per individual round of 3 battles: (29,291/5) = 5,858.2

Thus, I lost 5,858 pts per bye (17,574.6 pts total after 2 complete GAs).

Wrong wrong wrong. A bye is only one round of a GA. You still compete in the other two rounds.
  • I don't think logic works on the op.
  • That's what I said, can you read?

You said:

You lose the entire round of 3 battles for each bye you get.

What in the world are you talking about?
  • So, using your initial choices of phrase. If a bye makes you miss 1 round, so 3 battles, then you get the max points for that apparently. But that means you have to subtract that many points from your score before you divide it by 5, because otherwise you are saying you fought for the points you got in the bye as well. So try that perhaps? or divide it by 8 immediately, then compare it to the max people are saying you should get, you should see it works either way.
  • Read the previous comments:

Each GA has 4 rounds of 3 battles each.

So, 2 full GAs gives 8 rounds with 24 battles.

First correct thing you’ve said in this thread. How’d you do in the 21 battles where you didn’t get a bye?
  • Also it says here you miss 1 battle, not 1 round per bye. (they call it a round, but it's what you call a battle).

https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Grand_Arena_Championships
  • You lose the entire round of 3 "rounds" for each bye you get.

Are you confusing a "Bye" with not signing up for a round of GAC? that is the only way to skip 3 entire battles.

GAC = 4 rounds (or grand arenas) or 3 battles, and a bye is when you are awarded max points for 1 battle (1 individual matchup in a GA round)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I have an engineering degree from U of M, I am not making this up.

Well there is your problem :#
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • ZAP wrote: »
    So, using your initial choices of phrase. If a bye makes you miss 1 round, so 3 battles, then you get the max points for that apparently. But that means you have to subtract that many points from your score before you divide it by 5, because otherwise you are saying you fought for the points you got in the bye as well. So try that perhaps? or divide it by 8 immediately, then compare it to the max people are saying you should get, you should see it works either way.

I’m just completely lost on what he’s even saying, not to mention he’s being completely rude.

If he truly did only have 29,291 points after 2 full GACs, which consists of 24 matches, that’s only 1,220 points avg per match, which is extremely low.

Honestly, it sounds to me like he thinks he got byes when he actually didn’t sign up for three of the individual GAs within the GACs.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I might be mistaken about the number of rounds per GA, if its 3, then I lost:
    29,291/3= 9,763 times 3 byes missed = 29,291, half my score.

You're not making sense. In your original post you claimed, that your total score was 29,291. Now you claim that 29,291 is half your score.

A score of 29,291 for 2 GAS of 3 rounds each makes your average score approximately 4,9 k per round. A full clear win in divisions 1 and 2 usually rewards you roughly 3,500 points. Even if adding points for completed feats, something is far off.

Please check your math. Something is wrong.
  • Yeah, if you missed three battles, you failed to sign up for the GA, rather than getting a bye. I really should have considered this sooner. And yes he is being incomprehensible and rude, but I have other threads with conspiracy theorists for that, this guy I just feel sorry for.
  • Yes, that is a low average for 24 battles, but you forgot to put in the byes: 3 byes × 3 = 9 lost battles per bye gives (24-9 = 15) then (29,291/15)= 1952.7 per battle. 1952× 3 battles) = 5858 pts, 5858 × 3 missed byes = 17,572 total missed pts.

A bye is only one battle, not three.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    No, it turns out there are 4 rounds of 3 battles per GA, so my original math is correct.

1 GAC (Grand Arena Championship) has 4 GAs (Grand Arenas).
    1 GA has 3 rounds.
  • Man, does anybody have any reading comprehension or math skills anymore?

It seems everyone but you knows math.
This discussion has been closed.