Is it too late for me — level 71 no Phoenix team and no characters at 7*

I didn’t know what I was doing and now I’m level 71 and have no 7* characters and have Phoenix unlocked except Hera but all low level. Should I start over. Am I screwed?

https://swgoh.gg/p/349842165/characters/

Replies

• JonJed wrote: »
    I didn’t know what I was doing and now I’m level 71 and have no 7* characters and have Phoenix unlocked except Hera but all low level. Should I start over. Am I screwed?

https://swgoh.gg/p/349842165/characters/

I still think you have a long life ahead of you. You will get past this.
  • Lol thanks man.
  • when did you start? also, probably start over
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    when did you start? also, probably start over

Yeah, level 71. You're really talking about a few solid hours of playing time to start over whereas playing catch up is abyssmal
  • I started the game maybe 1-2 months ago. You really think it makes sense to start over?
  • Easy, buy the hyper drive pack coming your way! Support the game!
    I started the game maybe 1-2 months ago. You really think it makes sense to start over?

Yes
  • Starting over is anoying, why would you do this? Phoenix is necessary for thrawn right? Thrawn is an important toon
  • Johou43 wrote: »
    Starting over is anoying, why would you do this? Phoenix is necessary for thrawn right? Thrawn is an important toon

Fleet and squad arena daily competition = good crystal gains for F2P people
  • Johou43 wrote: »
    Starting over is anoying, why would you do this? Phoenix is necessary for thrawn right? Thrawn is an important toon

Fleet and squad arena daily competition = good crystal gains for F2P people

Ok I see so he could invest in a more useful squad, what’s the current recomanded squad for beginner? Back when I started, luminara was the best along with phasma. Then came the evil sid. But I think BH are the recomanded squad to begin with for the heist right?
  • If you have access to discord there's a useful server called "Farming Road Map"

There's a lot of new players and old players with alt accounts on there discussing the best starting strategies (without any of the hoarding tricks before joining arena). Some the classic Phoenix route, some seps and GR, etc. etc.

The general consensus there is to go for Phoenix until they are thrawn unlock ready (7* with g8 or g9) along with KRU so you have him for the day fleet arena opens. Then go for bastila shan + jedi (i.e. the jedi needed to unlock Jedi Revan + the 2 jedi from the phoenix team). Then Unlock Jedi revan and GMY.

Simultaneously you should be picking up some bounty hunters and scoundrels for credit heists. Geos and their ships are useful too for fleet arena. An empire character or two to pair with Palp and Thrawn which you unlock with phoenix. Then if you can... some other fun stuff on the side e.g. CLS requirements or something that just interests you.

Doing all of that will take 4 to 5 months or so whether you start fresh or carry on with your own account most likely. On Unlocking and gearing a good JKR squad you can start catching up with the top 100 or so in arena on your current account if you have a good focus on your modding game.

Obviously everything keeps changing when new stuff is added though. FO may be the best starting team in 2 months time who knows!???
  • Thank you for the support and advice. V helpful. Working on arena squad so I can farm properly
  • Revan110
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Continue where you left off, gaining ground in arena and fleet arena is not that hard once you have a goal and start on that path. Starting over is taking all your progress and throwing it away for maybe a chance to do well with even more grind hrs because you don’t have anything.

Picking up where you left off means you can course correct, improve the good stuff you already have, and know what you need to get much better. People claim “it’s so hard to rank in arena” but many in your shard probably don’t even play anymore. Figure out the way to beat those teams and you will gain ground.

As a returning player I have to say it is so “late in the game” to suggest anyone start over as most “new accounts” are just alts of someone at the top who is “bored”.
  • @JonJed I sincerely hope you start over. I took 1.5 years off and I am still not top 50 with my CLS team. I rejoined 6 months into LS Revan. People told me my path back was zFinn till CLS then the Revans. There is no real catching up unless I had got the Revans, but then I'd still be missing Millenium Falcon which I only get next round. Now GAS and GR is the thing while they gradually work up to shift the meta. Fighting twins or not. You will never really catch up without a restart.
  • I’m ranking around 50 in fleet arena but struggling in squad arena
  • Lots of people play in an inefficient manner and still enjoy themselves. The vast majority of players never finish in the top 50 and don't consider it the end of the world. Hardly a reason to start over.
    I’m ranking around 50 in fleet arena but struggling in squad arena

Dude, seriously, restart. Take it from someone that went deep into it. I started playing Nov. of game launch. Was #1 squad for quite a while, then quit for 1.5 years while people ruined my life. Been back since in deep depression daily trying to make the most of my outdated and irrelevant roster. Restart.

Your catching up requires 50 times more work than just starting over, because of the crystal paypouts.
  • I’m almost there Ezra 6* chopper *6 the rest 4* and 5*
  • I got phoenix very late on each of my 3 accounts. You'll drop behind until you get a good replacement, but all is not lost. I regularly place in the 10-20 range now. Just put your head down and work towards a specific team. Finish it and move on.

That being said, it's likely easier to just start over.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • It’s way too much effort to start from the beginning
  • Then don't. :) If getting 1st on the squad arena as soon as possible isn't your only goal there are not many reasons to restart. People who tells you that you want be able to "catch up" after two months probably have some very specific definition for "catching up". :) If you aiming for high goals just plan ahead and have patience, it will pay off eventually.
  • start working on your Pheonix squadron to get Palpatine and Thrawn. by that time your Vader should be decently geared. then use your empire to get R2 D2 for a rebel team then you have a few teams for Grand arena when you get to that point in the game. Any questions on what else you should work on? ask me. im always here.
  • start working on your Pheonix squadron to get Palpatine and Thrawn. by that time your Vader should be decently geared. then use your empire to get R2 D2 for a rebel team then you have a few teams for Grand arena when you get to that point in the game. Any questions on what else you should work on? ask me. im always here.

This. I highly recommend rerolling but if you don't then do this. Further, from now on be very smart with your investments. Research before spending the gear and crystals.
  • My Phoenix team is all 6 stars and Ezra is 7 stars yet somehow he dies every time early on. Galactic war is still hard and I’m sucking in arena. I thought Phoenix is good
  • I’ve unlocked Palestine and thrawn
  • You will die in arena but go for it.

I'd recommend restarting
    I’ve unlocked Palestine and thrawn

The Israelites will hate you for this.