Increase of wat shards per run to 2 with ls geo tb drop?

I've been looking and cant find anything on this so if anyone can point me in the right direction please

When the 2nd hoth TB dropped cg increased the shards from the special mission from 1 to 2 to allow for the reduction in numbers of times you play each side (ls/ds).
Are they/have they done the same in the geo tb

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It's about to happen, so we'll know soon.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    It's about to happen, so we'll know soon.

Very true
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    This is not true. Originally 2 was the default. This was changed to 1 for all TBs going forward after both Hoth TBs were already released regardless of the frequency.

1 was the default. They then increased it to 2. Then took it away.

I doubt they increase it as these tbs are meant to stretch the game for a bit.
  • Options
    This is not true. Originally 2 was the default. This was changed to 1 for all TBs going forward after both Hoth TBs were already released regardless of the frequency.

Do some research before posting. It was 1 initially, then got doubled to 2.
  • Options
    They increased it to 2 shards as they had reduced the number of TBs compared to their initial plan (12h per phase, not 24h) iirc
  • Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    They increased it to 2 shards as they had reduced the number of TBs compared to their initial plan (12h per phase, not 24h) iirc

Sorry, you don't recall correctly.

When Hoth TB initially dropped it was 24 hr phases. The 12hr phases was during planning only and was never implemented.

They increased the rewards from the ROLO and IPD special missions to 2 per victory much later on, but it was related to the fact that guilds were running each of the LS and DS versions half as often as they had before.
  • Options
    Who cares, they won’t do it
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It would make sense, otherwise our Wat farm will be cut in half. So yeah, probably not gonna happen. Otherwise, they would be using it for good PR already...
  • Options
    They wont do it because it would be a smart, easy to do positive change for the community.

This isn't how CG thinks.

12 months for a usable Ki Adi Mundi is obviously a great move for the game. (Pre 7* is useless trash since relics and 7* req for everything).
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    It did go from 1-2

Yes.

But not in the manner OP described.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They wont do it because it would be a smart, easy to do positive change for the community.

12 months for a usable Ki Adi Mundi is obviously a great move for the game. (Pre 7* is useless trash since relics and 7* req for everything).

Yep these are the parameters the devs and we are in.

We chew through content too quickly.
    Devs need content to last longer.

Idk if this is the best plan but it’s what we have for now. Things can always change.
  • Options
    The guilds CG care about already have Wat at 7*. There is no incentive for them to do this.
  • Options
    I can tell you that right now KAM and Wat are both still 1 shard. They could change it before the next dsgtb but right now it's still at 1.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    The guilds CG care about already have Wat at 7*. There is no incentive for them to do this.

Then why did they do it for Hoth?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Then why did they do it for Hoth?

Because it was a “mistake” and then they fixed it lol
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    They announced it.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The way I remember it, they didn't increase the drops to 2 right when DSHoth came - it was a little while later when they realized it was a good idea. But that is my memory, it could be wrong.

Anyway, I am expecting them to switch to 2 drops soon. People will start freaking out the KAM is unobtainable. It's bad enough that they need to relic 501st clones to get in the door, halving the farm rate compounds the problem.
  • Options

While cg botches pretty much everything they've done it before so they may here as well
  • Options
    They announced it.

Yup. And thats their mistake. Get it? :D
  • Options

They took the 2 shards away claiming more frequent runnings of tb, yet we still only get 2per month.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    They announced it.

Hilarious
  • Options
    They announced it.

Hilarious
    You forgot your .
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »

They took the 2 shards away claiming more frequent runnings of tb, yet we still only get 2per month.

It also coincided with their massive reduction in events giving shards, cutting 2 day events to 1. I wish they'd just be straight with us about the why of these things ("we need to slow down shard store currency because people can always buy what they want from there") instead of giving us bantha poodoo reasons like "a more reliable schedule."
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    They announced it.

Hilarious
    You forgot your .

Well actually no
  • Options

Did they claim that? I tracked down the Content Update (4/11) and they don't give a reason. Actually, that update was when they also reduced Hard Nodes from 8 to 5. Notice that 4/11 is almost 3 months before GeoTB dropped, so it's not like it coincided with GeoTB either.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »

Did they claim that? I tracked down the Content Update (4/11) and they don't give a reason. Actually, that update was when they also reduced Hard Nodes from 8 to 5. Notice that 4/11 is almost 3 months before GeoTB dropped, so it's not like it coincided with GeoTB either.
    fmi6cu2el1cc.png

They gave a reason. Frequent was not used but assumed using their wording of consistent and predictable. Since tbs have been released they have run 2x a month consistently. Dunno how they have gotten more or would get more consistent and predictable unless they were adding more events. This was also the update that removed stun guns from ship nodes.... Grrrrr
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Options
    They did mention that they are trying to reduce TBs back to 4 days (24 hour per phase)

Not sure how hoth TB would conflict with it (unless that goes to 12 hr phases), but with a 4 day rotation, we can have a TB each week (Mon to Thurs), with a TW (Fri to Sun) resulting in 4 TBs per month which doubles the rewards (Ki-Adi, GET2, etc) and keeps the number of TW per month the same (4)
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I'll have what she's having.