Fives sacrifice

Hey together,

Just experienced the same as in the following YT video: https://youtu.be/bVwfqDluwv8.

According to Answers EA this is working as intended ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Five-s-Tactical-Awareness-is-not-saving-the-clones-both/m-p/8477057#M33670) since we can all agree that the second assist was surely not enough damage to defeat one of the clones again.

I am 100% sure this is a change to the previous mechanics since my Rex and Echo earlier regained protection but stayed at 1 health due to shock.

Could someone of the developers please comment on this?

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'm not sure. Just this bit I know from a while ago that was in the announcements. In order for tactical awareness to transfer the stats over, he needs to be in the 5th slot of the team. Was this the case? Still no idea why fives just suicides while echo should live in your vid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hey together,

Just experienced the same as in the following YT video: https://youtu.be/bVwfqDluwv8.

According to Answers EA this is working as intended ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Five-s-Tactical-Awareness-is-not-saving-the-clones-both/m-p/8477057#M33670) since we can all agree that the second assist was surely not enough damage to defeat one of the clones again.

I am 100% sure this is a change to the previous mechanics since my Rex and Echo earlier regained protection but stayed at 1 health due to shock.

Could someone of the developers please comment on this?

Why would they have gained protection??

Also, here is the Answer HQ post, for future discussion:

yym7a3fcr8iz.jpg
  • So explanation is that 50k dmg is more than protection gain from Fives? What gear level is he g10?

Proper relic Fives has 130k protection this alone only shows the poster is rightfully complaining about this being bugged as well.
  • Fives can't be revived. When another 501st Clone Trooper ally would be defeated while Fives is active, they recover 100% Health and Fives is defeated instead.

If Fives is defeated this way, 501st Clone Trooper allies gain his Max Health, Max Protection, Speed, and Offense stats in addition to their own until the end of battle.

Clearly states the following function:
    If would be defeated (after damage done! - how else it would work?)
    Fives intervenes
    Fives heals them to 100% (shock etc interrupts this mechanic, so 1hp)
    Now comes the second...
    They gain fives Max health, Max prot (gain also protection this way of course...), Speed and Offense

Doesnt work simply as it is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Fives can't be revived. When another 501st Clone Trooper ally would be defeated while Fives is active, they recover 100% Health and Fives is defeated instead.

If Fives is defeated this way, 501st Clone Trooper allies gain his Max Health, Max Protection, Speed, and Offense stats in addition to their own until the end of battle.

Clearly states the following function:
    If would be defeated (after damage done! - how else it would work?)
    Fives intervenes
    Fives heals them to 100% (shock etc interrupts this mechanic, so 1hp)
    Now comes the second...
    They gain fives Max health, Max prot (gain also protection this way of course...), Speed and Offense

Doesnt work simply as it is.

Max protection is not recover protection.

If they have a max of 50k, and 5s has 50k. Their max would be 100k. But they still have 0 protection. They dont recover protection due to that mechanic.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    So explanation is that 50k dmg is more than protection gain from Fives? What gear level is he g10?

Proper relic Fives has 130k protection this alone only shows the poster is rightfully complaining about this being bugged as well.

After the sacrifice they keep the same percentage of protection. So the amount of protection they have after 5s sacrifice is (Thier Protection+5s Protection)x(percentage before sacrifice). And well you know 0 times anything is still 0.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

If they have a max of 50k, and 5s has 50k. Their max would be 100k. But they still have 0 protection. They dont recover protection due to that mechanic.

No offense but its plain wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mupGHSCiVpw

7:55
    Prot % stays same
    What happens is the following
    Echo has about 70k prot and is at 30%
    Fives sacc'd for Rex -> +130k max prot
    Echo now has 200k prot pool and his prot moves to about 70%

200k x 0.7 = 140k (approx. Echo after Fives sacc'd)

after your theory he now should have:
    70k x 0.3 = 21k ===> 200k (max pool) /21k = 10.5% (your false theory)

To explain this I think they add the max prot + prot directly to Echo's pool.

Next to this the zeta clearly tells what is going to happen and what will happen which is not working in the video. In other words description and interaction are not working in line.
  • Next to this no clone has any protection recovery method and if you would give them max protection and actually it would do nothing - whats the point in it?...i mean cmon
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Prot % stays same

Next to this the zeta clearly tells what is going to happen and what will happen which is not working in the video. In other words description and interaction are not working in line.

No what you are saying is correct, but that doesnt disprove it show that what I said is wrong.

You do not heal protection in this mechanic,it does equalize due to the mechanic, but it is not a heal. This can be illustrated in your video Rex, and how he doesnt gain any protection. This change you spell out here is not effected by any protection healing block, because it's not healing protection.

This is not a theory, this is how the game works, there is a difference between a max level change (health/protection)and healing (health/protection), even though both can add protection (or health).
  • Kyno wrote: »
    No what you are saying is correct, but that doesnt disprove it show that what I said is wrong.

You do not heal protection in this mechanic,it does equalize due to the mechanic, but it is not a heal. This can be illustrated in your video Rex, and how he doesnt gain any protection. This change you spell out here is not effected by any protection healing block, because it's not healing protection.

This is not a theory, this is how the game works, there is a difference between a max level change (health/protection)and healing (health/protection), even though both can add protection (or health).

It heals or gives you protection else anti heal/shock wouldnt work. Watch the time stamps and you will see it works exactly how I explained. The starter of this thread shows in his video there should be no death happened. So it is right now not consistently working.

Kindly note there is no equalize mechanic - if you want I show you the hyoda equalize mechanic vs shock I may do so. But you will than just need to accept a second time that I am simply correct.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019

It heals or gives you protection else anti heal/shock wouldnt work. Watch the time stamps and you will see it works exactly how I explained. The starter of this thread shows in his video there should be no death happened. So it is right now not consistently working.

Kindly note there is no equalize mechanic - if you want I show you the hyoda equalize mechanic vs shock I may do so. But you will than just need to accept a second time that I am simply correct.

As I said:

Prot % stays same

You do not heal protection in this mechanic,it does equalize due to the mechanic, but it is not a heal. ...

But as I also said, this is not a heal in the in game mechanics, you do end with more protection due to the mechanic but its not a heal since you literally do not recover protection. I.e. - if you are at 0 you stay at 0.

Which is why this is incorrect:

They should never have or had gained any protection, other than the equalization, which looks to be happening in the video.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    But as I also said, this is not a heal in the in game mechanics, you do end with more protection due to the mechanic but its not a heal since you literally do not recover protection. I.e. - if you are at 0 you stay at 0.

Kindly note its simply not correct. Please have a look at Rex below

jcogp01xa4au.png

p68t7h81z3e2.png

After his riposte attack Fives dies.

I repeat they have a heal mechanic for the HP and protection will use the same system. There is no anti protection reg debuff to prove it however. Two systems to use for the same thing to happen? Why someone would want to program that...;)
  • Running clones in arena I always see protection gains on characters that had none when fives sacrifices himself even if I have shock or something health might stay at red but my protection just jumped to half a bar .

Here we have a few with photo and video evidence of protection being gained on a shocked character and a few just quoting a mechanics page saying they are wrong .