Nest under Padme question

Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited November 2019
Clarification : these are only for 2 GAC defense teams.
Can I (with reasonably PVP success) scrap Nest's tenacity completely if I am running her under Padme, getting the "can't be crit and immune to debuff while protection up" ?
Currently I am running:
zBastilla zJolee Anikan GK Ahsoka

zPAdme zGMY (mace plo or old Ben) & nest.

Yes, I know I'm losing some Padme heartsquad synergy, but I don't have those zeta yet anyway. GMY gives protection up to nest pretty quick essentially doing what "high tenacity Nest" is. and nest does punishment. I'd really like to focus all offensive stats on nest but before "testing" in 3 GAC battles I'd rather ask first.

Replies

• Just remember the difference between protection up (what padme gives) and bonus protection (what Nest gains on getting hit). Nest natural bonus protection will not trigger padme resist.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    Just remember the difference between protection up (what padme gives) and bonus protection (what Nest gains on getting hit). Nest natural bonus protection will not trigger padme resist.

But GMY will give yes?
  • Daishi wrote: »
    Just remember the difference between protection up (what padme gives) and bonus protection (what Nest gains on getting hit). Nest natural bonus protection will not trigger padme resist.

But GMY will give yes?

I suppose, but you're seriously neutering GMY by putting him with Padme. One of his greatest strengths is his huge amount of bonus TM. He doesn't get that with Padme present.
  • Padme’s 50 percent health boost to nest could make her and eventual nightmare though with her stacking health steal and CD ?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Padme’s 50 percent health boost to nest could make her and eventual nightmare though with her stacking health steal and CD ?

Any team that can kill padme reliably can also kill nest and by using Nest over someone who isn't GR means that GK won't taunt basically ever, and JKA won't get the additional offense on his bonus turns. Waste of nest, and hurts the Padme team overall. Sure Nest would get 50% max health, but it's better to find a different team to put nest in and mod her well to make it harder for the enemy to beat two of your GAC teams not just the Padme team.

GMY would be a much better fit under zBastila, and Mace and Plo are both actually useful under zBastila whereas they are pretty much useless under Padme as they don't get to taunt like they do under zBastila and Plo's best use is with his 50% TM gain special which is neutered by Padme.
  • @Vertigo @chionophile @Athen_Greeco yep. It is all quite based on my garbage roster.
    The teams just need more zeta.
    I guess I should just keep doing what I am doing