is the swgoh-universe so small?

gac: got the same opponent from week 3 now once more in week 4...

i thought this shouldn‘t be possible?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its random, especially the first round. So yes its completely possible.
  • Options
    Entirely possible to see the same opponent in two consecutive GA brackets.

What you will not see is the same opponent twice within a GA bracket. CG stated that way back.
  • Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    gac: got the same opponent from week 3 now once more in week 4...

i thought this shouldn‘t be possible?

Was it Mol Eliza?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    no, not mol eliza, lol

only the guy, who costed me three extra battles...😂
  • Options
    @Top_Quark

have 5.7m gp, the average in my group is 5.8m gp, so for sure not unfair. only didn‘t know, that the „cards are shuffled new“ for each bracket.
  • Options
    They really need to increase divisions and make it simple, first week randomly mat hed against 7 others in your division. Every week after that matched against same division and same win loss record.
  • Options
    : O
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    They really need to increase divisions and make it simple, first week randomly mat hed against 7 others in your division. Every week after that matched against same division and same win loss record.

Increasing the divisions would lead to smaller pools and the problem would be worse.
  • Options

Additional divisions wouldn't help. What would help is either an additional league, or an adjustment to the league thresholds. As it stands, Bronzium is so easy that you'd actually have to make a concerted effort not to get there, and Chromium's barrier to entry is pretty low too; I think you could lose 75% of your matches and still get there with room to spare. So you don't start seeing any real separation of the scrubs from the heavy hitters until week 4 when people are starting the week in Aurodium.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Additional divisions wouldn't help. What would help is either an additional league, or an adjustment to the league thresholds. As it stands, Bronzium is so easy that you'd actually have to make a concerted effort not to get there, and Chromium's barrier to entry is pretty low too; I think you could lose 75% of your matches and still get there with room to spare. So you don't start seeing any real separation of the scrubs from the heavy hitters until week 4 when people are starting the week in Aurodium.

So do we need another league, or just make it a little more challenging to make it to the first couple?