Toons you don't want to add speed to besides Droideka & Nest?

2Next

Replies

• Woodroward wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Sith Trooper, Baze, IG-100, Shoretrooper.

I disagree with Shore.

Depends on what team you're running him in and his purpose, but yea Shore definitely needs more Speed than the rest of those as he's only got the pre-taunt and then can't taunt again until he takes his turn. If you just want him to take the initial hit then it doesn't matter as much.

Don't think I saw this anywhere, but Resistance Trooper needs basically no speed. He gets 35% TM whenever an enemy becomes exposed so just load him up with pure offense.

zSavage doesn't really need any speed either, he gets a ton of TM from his unique and self cleanses. As someone said earlier with L3 I would necessarily give him NO speed, but I think I'd recommend using a non-speed arrow in his case to make him healthier.

I did mention Resistance Trooper, and he actually gets 70% tm whenever a target becomes exposed.

zFinn Resisistance is my goto against good Boosk and KRU teams. I really need Trooper for his dispel so I need it fast as possible. It must be ready if a taunter pops it. If it isn't my TM train breaks.
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Chewy I would put in the same boat as Echo. You definitely don't want to intentionally reduce his speed, but because he assists so frequently you definitely want to prioritize Offense, CD, and CC.
  • Jbnf wrote: »
    Chewy I would put in the same boat as Echo. You definitely don't want to intentionally reduce his speed, but because he assists so frequently you definitely want to prioritize Offense, CD, and CC.

If he is in your arena team ( mine is) I need as fast as possible.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    If he is in your arena team ( mine is) I need as fast as possible.

My personal experience when CLS, chewie and 3po were meta was that the slower the chewie, the more annoying the team, as he would be put under stealth by R2, and then not come out for ages while Han and CLS decimated everyone. Outspeeding people solves this problem, but that was back before I had JKR and good mods, things may have changed.
    Post edited by thecarterologist958 on
  • No I still run my Chewie at only +66 with a CD/CC set and a mountain of excess physical offense. He gains plenty of TM from CLS lead, and like mentioned above, is hidden under stealth longer.
  • If he is in your arena team ( mine is) I need as fast as possible.

My personal experience when CLS, chewie and 3po were meta was that the slower the chewie, the more annoying the team, as he would be put under stealth by R2, and then not come out for ages while Han and CLS
    decimated everyone. Outspeeding people solves this problem, but that was back before I had JKR and good mods, things may have changed.

Now that I think about it you are probably right. My CLS team versus DR Malak really depends on the opening Han Chew Han attack killing Nasti Basti
    That pretty much determines everything, except if my Chew gets taken down somehow right after ( extremely rare but happens.)
    I am going all R7 except C3PO.
    Currently CLS r6 Chew 6 D2 6 Han 7. C3 is still g12+3
    It would be awesome if I could get the team powerful enough that Chew's opening smash and R2's burning could be fast and powerful enough that it kills Nastilla before she goes (impossible) on defense. If that were possible it would shift the meta. You'd see a lot more successfully defending CLS teams. Mine as it stands still drops to 175 rank if I skip a day
  • Why would you skip a day?
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Sith Trooper, Baze, IG-100, Shoretrooper.

I disagree with Shore.

Depends on what team you're running him in and his purpose, but yea Shore definitely needs more Speed than the rest of those as he's only got the pre-taunt and then can't taunt again until he takes his turn. If you just want him to take the initial hit then it doesn't matter as much.

Don't think I saw this anywhere, but Resistance Trooper needs basically no speed. He gets 35% TM whenever an enemy becomes exposed so just load him up with pure offense.

zSavage doesn't really need any speed either, he gets a ton of TM from his unique and self cleanses. As someone said earlier with L3 I would necessarily give him NO speed, but I think I'd recommend using a non-speed arrow in his case to make him healthier.

I did mention Resistance Trooper, and he actually gets 70% tm whenever a target becomes exposed.

Must've missed it. And I just double checked he actually get 55% TM lol. So we were both wrong. I just knew it was a decent chunk.
  • @mephisto_style

Ideally your opening should be Han/Chewie/Han on Fallen Bastila, and any resists trigger CLS' TM gain. He then does Call to Action (if SiT or Brute are pre-taunting). They'll get Tenacity Down and hopefully Expose from Chewie's assist. Then CLS hits Bastila if she still isn't dead, ignoring taunt. After that it's pretty much game over. I only use Improvise from R2 if by some miracle Bastila is still standing with red health/expose because it'll kill her. Ideally/99% of the time you use Smokescreen on his first turn and keep R2 out of stealth to absorb hits. Then when DR inevitably does inflict Fear it's only CLS and R2 that get it.

If you don't confuse Malak, DR's AoE will cause everyone to counter him and he's dead. If you do confuse him, they'll counter DR to death instantly instead. Either way it's a joke by that point.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Veteran chewie