First Time Match Making Hater

I just got paired up with 5 players who have g13 Revan and Malak. I dont even have Malak nor a team that can beat that team.
Granted I understand that my GP is inflated. I get the cons of having that, however, i thought it was supposed to be a better matchmaking system.
Just venting.

Replies

• Characters dont matter at all in the matchmaking same with mods its only based off of gp and top xx toons worth of gp
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Do you have any g13 toons of your own?
  • My observation is that it has been worse this time around, I think Ships disrupted their matchmaking.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    My observation is that it has been worse this time around, I think Ships disrupted their matchmaking.

You're right, that's your observation. Or rather, your anecdotal observation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    My observation is that it has been worse this time around, I think Ships disrupted their matchmaking.

Cannot agree more. It can’t be worse anyhow. Because it is worst mm system in whole game history 😂😂😂
  • TVF wrote: »

Feel better now that you added an unnecessary word to something clearly stated as opinion?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Feel better now that you added an unnecessary word to something clearly stated as opinion?

It's not clear to a ton of people here.
  • Characters dont matter at all in the matchmaking same with mods its only based off of gp and top xx toons worth of gp

Correct. The bigger issue is that GP is a poor measure of combat effectiveness compared to other factors like synergy, kit design, mods, g13/relic level, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My opponent has 400k less GP than me but it is his ships. He doesn’t have Negotiator, hardly any maxed Capital ships. My opponent doesn’t have ****. And only has a gear 8 ackbar...

The toons look alright. We have similar stats on Gear 13’s, number of gear12’s and g11’s. I am hoping he goes light on defense.

The only discrepancy is the Ships GP. How is that anecdotal? So, yes, ships being added is providing the problem. kfpsma1z7tx4.jpeg
  • Didn't have a single "impossible" matchup in all of GAC so far. So the MM is fine from MY pov (it could be a bit tuned in regards of g13 / relics values and maybe the total amount and quality of speed mods but other than that it's fine I guess).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »

It's not clear to a ton of people here.

That's your anecdotal observation.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Characters dont matter at all in the matchmaking same with mods its only based off of gp and top xx toons worth of gp

Correct. The bigger issue is that GP is a poor measure of combat effectiveness compared to other factors like synergy, kit design, mods, g13/relic level, etc.

I would say to make match making depending on roster is to make matchmaking of chess players depending on chess pieces. It must be win/lose ratio. Anything else have no sense at all.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »

Captain Obvious reporting for duty!
    Read the rest of the thread before posting next time.
  • Huh, I always thought of them as the weird drunk in the alley and the paranoid protester screaming the end is nigh.... On a more relevant note, as someone with Darth Revan, I've gone up against several Revan and Malak teams, most of whom are saved for offense, and only one of which has led to an inevitable loss when that team was put on defense, due to him having speed mods I just couldn't match. Admittedly I haven't gone against GA$, but I wouldn't say there is any guaranteed win or loss team, if you post your gg account people may be able to find something to help you, but you need to go offensive to deal with that.
  • Huh, I always thought of them as the weird drunk in the alley and the paranoid protester screaming the end is nigh...

Excellent point. Maybe we are both right?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • My opponent has 400k less GP than me but it is his ships. He doesn’t have Negotiator, hardly any maxed Capital ships. My opponent doesn’t have ****. And only has a gear 8 ackbar...

The toons look alright. We have similar stats on Gear 13’s, number of gear12’s and g11’s. I am hoping he goes light on defense.

The only discrepancy is the Ships GP. How is that anecdotal? So, yes, ships being added is providing the problem. kfpsma1z7tx4.jpeg
    Could you add up the GP of the top 2 capital ships and top 14 fighters for each player please? I am curious whether they are close or whether fleet GP is being ignored.

• Excellent point. Maybe we are both right?

Now that would be a sitcom worthy family. Saying that, it's a pretty good summary of these forums some days anyway.
  • Can't blame anyone but yourself for not having Revans or G13 revans.

Literal best / 2nd best team in the game
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Can't blame anyone but yourself for not having Revans or G13 revans.

Or you can blame drop rates. I just finished the farm for darth revan.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

The drop rate is the same for everyone, so no you can't.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »

The event has been out for 8 months and probably 1 extra month before the event started to farm.

You had 9 whole months aka 270 whole days to farm it.

You obviously didnt even farm the characters for like 6 months.