Are imperial troopers worth it?

Prev13
Other than in territory wars, do they counter any teams that make them worth it?

Thanks,

Replies

• LordDirt
    4987 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    They can counter NS, BH, FO, EP, ****, JE
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Nope

Better off farming JKR, DR, Malak, Padmé, GAS, GG, ect.

After a solid 10-15+ teams you should then farm them they're a great NS counter
  • Thanks!
  • They are a good yet dicey NS counter team. I like mine a lot but you may find more versatile teams such as the Sith, Jedi and droid teams. I think you should only consider them once you already have the main teams.
  • i have them, they are fun but unpredictable on off. i usually just put them on D. they get the job done on both assaults (ewok and rebels)
  • They used to be a solid NS counter even on lower gear. Now with g13 and even relics you need way better geared troopers to make them consistent enough against good nightsisters (their main target). As Baby_Yoda said there are a lot of higher priority teams to farm before you can think about investing in imp troopers.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • If you're not doing Hoth TB then I'd do them as a side project. If your Guild is focused on Hoth and the Special Missions then absolutely. Just make sure you farm the right ones.

Veers
    Starck
    Snow
    Range
    Shore

Deathtrooper can be a solid swap out. The above 5 lay waste to numerous teams in TW/GAC.
  • They are not really a great NS counter. Most of the time when i send them against NS i get destroyed
  • Don't need Dengar if you have Bossk. Can pull the event off at G11-12 and only Bossk lead Zeta without him. Rex and Echo are Fleet Store so don't waste Guild currency on them.

So really it's Logray and potentially FOSFTP if you're planning ahead.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    They're really not as great against Nightsisters as they used to be, but they're still a fantastic team for easy underdog wins in GA. I regularly use Veers/Starck/Range/Snow to knock off B-teams without taking a scratch.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Only reason their viability against NS has dropped is because people are putting relics on NS and not imp troopers .

At equal gear and a fast starck it's normally the same thing different day easy 60 points
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Only reason their viability against NS has dropped is because people are putting relics on NS and not imp troopers .

At equal gear and a fast starck it's normally the same thing different day easy 60 points

This
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I desperately want to relic my Snowtrooper. He's a beast already at G12+0
  • Jawas can beat equally geared Imp Troopers, and equally geared Empire, and equally geared phoenix, and equally geared clones (as long as you can stop Rex's tenacity up), Ewok, geo ,

and theybrequire zero zeta
  • Either way it is still very modding depende t, which is great and how it should be!
  • And if Starck or Veers get the jump on even one of your Jawas it's a bloodbath. Hilarity ensues. I think my record for an equally geared Ewok team was 14 seconds.
  • Jawas can beat equally geared Imp Troopers, and equally geared Empire, and equally geared phoenix, and equally geared clones (as long as you can stop Rex's tenacity up), Ewok, geo ,

That's all good, but who would rather gear jawas than all those other teams that have an actual use in other game modes?
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Only reason their viability against NS has dropped is because people are putting relics on NS and not imp troopers .

Also at a certain point you start to see AV lead more than MT, which has a much higher probability of getting enough turns to come back from the brink.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They are not really a great NS counter. Most of the time when i send them against NS i get destroyed

I know u want my name
  • Imperial troopers are very handy to use against bounty hunters. As long as Starck goes before Bossk, you're guaranteed 60 points. That's pretty neat in GA, where there's usually a bounty hunter team on defense.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    They're much better on offense than NS (against the same teams), because NS almost always cost you points for lost protection. If you're using Range (which anyone bothering to use Troopers should), you'll regenerate all your lost protection from his special and his unique. Shore, modded properly, should only have to launch his taunt grenade once to heal everyone back to full as well.

That's all good, but who would rather gear jawas than all those other teams that have an actual use in other game modes?

Jawas will have their place soon enough. And it won't be the garbage
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member

Eh...I mean, G12 Troopers vs G12 NS is far from a guaranteed win. If they have better mods than you, you'll need good RNG with the Range assists to win. Still good against NS in general, but it's more of a soft counter than a hard counter these days (kinda like CLS against JKR).
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Jawas can beat equally geared Imp Troopers, and equally geared Empire, and equally geared phoenix, and equally geared clones (as long as you can stop Rex's tenacity up), Ewok, geo ,

So the landfill?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Jawas can beat equally geared Imp Troopers, and equally geared Empire, and equally geared phoenix, and equally geared clones (as long as you can stop Rex's tenacity up), Ewok, geo ,

So the landfill?

Or the Dumpster fire?

*Awkwardly raises my hand*
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA

So my three g11 Jawas will be useful
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Depends.

If you *MUST WIN AT ALL COSTS!* then they're not the strongest. Disappointing if you Sim them.

If you like *PLAYING STAR WARS* then they're a lot of fun. With their buffs & assists, it feels like the Imperial War Machine in action.

Veers, Starck, Range, +2. Zetas highly recommend.
  • I like the team as a unit, but they have limited utility in the current game. Not much of a raid squad and they are far from a reliable NS counter anymore. I don't see how they are a reliable BH counter either, though I have not tried them. They struggle mightily against most teams I see in GA.
    However they are not useless. I did have an opportunity to use them vs g12 Rogue One squad in GAC today and it was a breeze. I would not prioritize them, but work on them as a side project, sure.