What is your opinion on the journey guide?

Hey everyone. With the journey guide releasing in the next update, and the majority of events moving to full time, I was curious to see what everyone else opinion is. I think it's a great thing. I don't own either revans, CLS, Padme, C-3PO, Chimera, etc. So, this launch is a great thing for me. I was so close to getting CLS last time he was in rotation, but my SThan wasn't ready. Now, I can attempt it any time whenever I want. I feel like this is actually a big move on CG's part because it totally eliminates last-minute grinding for events, so they are kinda losing money from this. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Replies

• They are not losing a lot of money on old events like cls. There is no reason to spend on those anymore.
  • They are not losing a lot of money on old events like cls. There is no reason to spend on those anymore.

I had meant less of CLS and more on new events like the Revans and Starforge. Seeing as the average player who has both revans in the past may have spent crystals to panic-gear toons in order to get ready for Starforge, they will no longer have to do that because it will be available all the time.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    They are not losing a lot of money on old events like cls. There is no reason to spend on those anymore.

I had meant less of CLS and more on new events like the Revans and Starforge. Seeing as the average player who has both revans in the past may have spent crystals to panic-gear toons in order to get ready for Starforge, they will no longer have to do that because it will be available all the time.

Are people panic farming for events that are over 1 year old? IIRC they said events will only become part of the Journey Guide after they have been out for a year.
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    They are not losing a lot of money on old events like cls. There is no reason to spend on those anymore.

Are people panic farming for events that are over 1 year old? IIRC they said events will only become part of the Journey Guide after they have been out for a year.

That’s literally every event in the game except Clash on Kamino. I was panic farming for CLS the last time I tried to get him.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2019

I think it's a great idea. No one is panic farming anything for 1 year old events. They're not missing out on any money, and they're just making it easier to complete these characters when you're ready.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Slippyfist wrote: »

That’s literally every event in the game except Clash on Kamino. I was panic farming for CLS the last time I tried to get him.

I'm pretty sure that on launch the following events will not be part of the guide (since they are not a year old):

Flight of the Falcon (Jan 2019)
    Aggressive Negotiations (May 2019)
    Star Forge Showdown (April 2019)
    Scourge of the Old Republic (March 2019)
    Clash on Kamino (October 2019)

So not literally EVERY event other than Clash on Kamino, just most of them. The real money makers will not be a part of it for a while.

• jawa7778 wrote: »

Well, seeing as how they're switching from monetizing toons to monetizing gear, they actually are making it easier for people to spend on gear. You focus on farming your stars, knowing you can always spend in the gear. Additionally, say, in the OP's case, if he was just a few shards short on STH he could also just buy those last shards for crystals in one store or the other and boom, you can get your CLS. If the prices were reasonable this would actually increase sales, I think, instead of making any new baby whales have to farm and farm and farm some more, they can just come in and buy stuff up all at once.
  • Had anyone asked or said yet how much the journey guidepack will cost? lol
  • Bring it on seeing i am missing 50shards give or take on c3po chewie and others i am dying to get
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Honestly, could care less. It’s not real content imo and I believe it was a total waste of time and resources for CG... this is something that should have been outsourced to content creators they trust

I disagree. Although it is technically not real content, it is unlocking more content for people. I don't have the majority of legendary characters unlocked, so for me, it is new content. To answer your second comment, I don't believe content creators don't have access to the game code. Maybe you should re-read what the journey guide actually is. It is a permanent unlocking of events that have been out for over a year, and showing new players what is necessary to complete said journey events.

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Honestly, could care less.

Well actually this means you care, at least a little.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    Slippyfist wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that on launch the following events will not be part of the guide (since they are not a year old):

Flight of the Falcon (Jan 2019)
    Aggressive Negotiations (May 2019)
    Star Forge Showdown (April 2019)
    Scourge of the Old Republic (March 2019)
    Clash on Kamino (October 2019)

So not literally EVERY event other than Clash on Kamino, just most of them. The real money makers will not be a part of it for a while.

Oh wow. I didn't realize so many events hadn't been out for a year lol. Darth revan seems so old.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Had anyone asked or said yet how much the journey guidepack will cost? lol
    It's a free guide. It's not a pack, it's just like normal events...
  • TVF wrote: »

LOL, I get it when people say this, but it is very annoying. Heh
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Nobody finna panic farm an event that's a year old
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    I do, so this is a benefit for me.

• jawa7778 wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    I do, so this is a benefit for me.

You cant panic farm without panicking
  • It's ****, they should have spent some time creating new playable content instead
  • Robchee5e wrote: »
    It's ****, they should have spent some time creating new playable content instead

They did.

You just die after 30 secs.
  • I’m done panic farming and worrying as these new events will tuned to 23,000 gp minimum. (Recommended R7)

Voting with my wallet
  • I’m done panic farming and worrying as these new events will tuned to 23,000 gp minimum. (Recommended R7)

Voting with my wallet
    Yeah, I mean, I'm trying to get my FO ready for the new movie content, but I'm scared it may be pretty ridiculous.

10/10. Would read again.
  • Do we have an ETA on the new update yet?
  • Atarius wrote: »
    Do we have an ETA on the new update yet?

I don't think so. The calendar said that the Journey Guide would be coming in the next update, but no indication when. I'd suspect within a week or two. Then we'll probably get an update one-two weeks after ROS for new content with a possible event. Idk, I'm just hoping.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Well actually can I see it before I make a judgement on it?

I know, that's not how the forums work.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Well actually can I see it before I make a judgement on it?

I know, that's not how the forums work.

Pff, logic... ;)
  • There isn't too much on the calendar for the middle of the month of December. I wonder if that was planned for when the new update hits?