Ship platoons are a joke.

You guys are really bad at what you do

Replies

• Hyena bombers and multiple y wings required in every platoon. This is first phase and those ships aren’t even farmable
  • I’m not being a CG apologist, but just maybe this TB wasn’t designed to be cleared with 36* on the first release.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • I’m not being a CG apologist, but just maybe this TB wasn’t designed to be cleared with 36* on the first release.

I think it’s more that the first phase is already heavy P2P ships that can’t even be farmed yet. Nobody expects 36 stars the first run or even for almost the first year
  • Also you would think a full gear 12 JKR team could at least kill one toon
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    26 min in we just full cleared everything. can we sim lsgeotb yet already? we need new content!!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • srwhitewvu wrote: »
    Also you would think a full gear 12 JKR team could at least kill one toon

Not really. G12 is the new G8. They want us to r7 our whole roster.

No imsure its not but thats not what this post is about, this post is about being able to fill 2 platoons in p1. Quite a big difference imo. What p1 shows is no common non 50 member whale guild will be competing until well after the next cash grab cg obviously already has planned. When r7 metas aren't getting 4/4 in p1 their has to be something else coming.
  • Tiedye wrote: »
    I’m not being a CG apologist, but just maybe this TB wasn’t designed to be cleared with 36* on the first release.

No imsure its not but thats not what this post is about, this post is about being able to fill 2 platoons in p1. Quite a big difference imo. What p1 shows is no common non 50 member whale guild will be competing until well after the next cash grab cg obviously already has planned. When r7 metas aren't getting 4/4 in p1 their has to be something else coming.

I got that. I was thinking maybe they don’t plan on another event like this for a very long time, if ever. There’s only so much room in the schedule and you can’t shelf the first two TBs because of new players. That was my line of thinking. But yeah, this is 🥜.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Platoons have always included marquee whale-bait at the start.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Not phase 1
  • srwhitewvu wrote: »

Except R7 JKR/GAS/Padme can only do like 2 or 3 waves.
  • _Reaper_ wrote: »
    srwhitewvu wrote: »

Except R7 JKR/GAS/Padme can only do like 2 or 3 waves.

True statement. Unless they have level cap increases or something else, this is undoable.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    As a matter of fact before all platoons became static, they made the first 3 platoons of the old TBs static without new characters so that people could actually make some progress in the early phases.

@CG_SBCrumb By including vulture droid and ywing in every platoon even in phase 1 they have not only made LSGTB unplayable for a lot of guilds, they are going back on what they had made us think was the goal of TBs (only the LAST phases are considered the most challenging content in the game, not ALL phases).

Please explain that the first phase or 2 needs to be a little more forgiving.

Nor the 2nd time around or the 3rd, and 4th, 5th how many months ahead you want to roll before this content is ENJOYABLE and able to be done?

And yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe that's what they were thinking.

However, isn't this kinda a -- what's the word I'm looking for... lackadaisical way of implementing a plan that far out?

Shouldn't a piece meal sort of method been a better more, what's the word... pragmatic approach to it?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Hyena bombers and multiple y wings required in every platoon. This is first phase and those ships aren’t even farmable

So, those who paid for them have an advantage. I see no problem here. The rest of us will catch up on platoons eventually.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Hyena bombers and multiple y wings required in every platoon. This is first phase and those ships aren’t even farmable

So, those who paid for them have an advantage. I see no problem here. The rest of us will catch up on platoons eventually.

...right.
  • I have to agree that the platoons are a total joke.

At least ONE of them should have been doable w/o the 3-4 newest ships in the game.

And as for the other 5 platoons I would think no more than ONE Hyena OR B-Wing would be in each platoon & a single Vulture in most of them.

You want to get 3 B-Wings in a Platoon, FINE, I'm totally okay with that IF we are talking the Phase-3/4 zones.

But for pete's sake its FRIGGIN P1 here.

My guild wasn't able to complete any of the 18 P1 Platoons to my knowledge, Fleet or Ground.

I still feel it could be "end game" content if they had a single platoon fillable w/o having to have 7* characters released in the last 8 months.