LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    as always, i prefer delayed content over bugged content. Surely the button dissappear stuff isn't helping them reach the set release date either.

History shows that delays =|= bug free content.
    Having delays and 5 minor bugs is better than no delays and 20 game breaking bugs

Happy to hope that is the case. And I don’t actually care about the delay at all.

But let’s be serious here.
    DSGeo has been around for awhile and the disappearing buttons bug still isn’t fixed - it literally makes it so that you cannot play. It’s hard to imagine something more “gamebreaking” than that where they would still release the game mode. I don’t believe that the similar bug in Hith TBs was ever fully addressed. And that doesn’t even take into account all of the major bugs that have been present in every other game mode release, delayed or not.

So you’ll have to forgive my skepticism that a delay this time will result in all of the major bugs being addressed. My money says that they will delay, release (on Friday afternoon of course) and the game mode will still crash - hard - with bugs so big that it makes us all wonder how they could have missed them.

I’d be happy to be wrong, but sadly i doubt it.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Disappearing button bug is unrelated to Geo TB, DS TB didn’t have any bugs that I can recall

There were no bugs with platoons, with special missions, summoning special units, with deploying etc.

There were minor bugs that weren’t visible that have been patched and addressed like Event Unit KAM not doing double damage on debuffed enemies

And they are working on a fix slated for this year for the disappearing buttons which is a game wide rather than TB related

DS TB launched perfectly and giving the same treatment to LS GEO TB is welcome

Asking for every single bug in every single area of the game to be fixed before they can even think about a new game mode is silly

Feel free to correct me and point out any bugs that were DS TB related
  • Options
    Disappearing button bug is unrelated to Geo TB, DS TB didn’t have any bugs that I can recall

There were no bugs with platoons, with special missions, summoning special units, with deploying etc.

There were minor bugs that weren’t visible that have been patched and addressed like Event Unit KAM not doing double damage on debuffed enemies

And they are working on a fix slated for this year for the disappearing buttons which is a game wide rather than TB related

Asking for every single bug in every single area of the game to be fixed before they can even think about a new game mode is silly

The missing Special Mission rewards seems to be unique to DS TB.

It looks like people having 2 territories that contain a special mission open at the same time causes it, but I don’t recall anyone ever complaining about this in either Hoth TB.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed the delay is because they are reworking the Galactic Republic Jedi into an actually usable faction. I’d really appreciate that. That said, personally I’d rather have some information, even if it’s potentially a bit disappointing, than silence at this stage. Let’s hope they drop an update soon.
  • Options
    They just posted like 10 min ago about an update. That might have something to do with it.
  • Options

I am 100% sure that the disappearing button bug is occurring in DS Geo and that there is an issue with Dooku and how he interacts with it. DS did not launch perfectly.
  • Options
    {DS Geo TB doesn't have any bugs}
    Except for that one where you try to platoon a character but it was filled by another guild member and now your character is irrevocably deployed to that territory. This is a TB-specific bug, and it didn't always exist. Early Hoth TB did not exhibit that bug, they added it in with a later update and never fixed it. I hate that one.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    They just posted like 10 min ago about an update. That might have something to do with it.

You mean the "nothing publicly changing" server update?
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You mean the "nothing publicly changing" server update?

That's the one
  • Options

I am 100% sure that the disappearing button bug is occurring in DS Geo and that there is an issue with Dooku and how he interacts with it. DS did not launch perfectly.

You are 100% wrong then, because the bug has existed for over 2 years.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

It’s occurring there but it well predates Geo TB and is also occurring in tons of other places. It’s not a bug that launched with or was caused by the TB.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Except for that one where you try to platoon a character but it was filled by another guild member and now your character is irrevocably deployed to that territory. This is a TB-specific bug, and it didn't always exist. Early Hoth TB did not exhibit that bug, they added it in with a later update and never fixed it. I hate that one.
    Is this still a bug? I thought it was fixed back when Hoth TB was a thing. I know I get the error message that a toon is already deployed in TB
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

The missing Special Mission rewards seems to be unique to DS TB.

It looks like people having 2 territories that contain a special mission open at the same time causes it, but I don’t recall anyone ever complaining about this in either Hoth TB.
    Yeah, that’s a good shout out
  • Options
    Is this still a bug? I thought it was fixed back when Hoth TB was a thing. I know I get the error message that a toon is already deployed in TB

This is not a bug, but a feature. With the release of DS Hoth, you could infinitely deploy a character to a platoon, thus gaining the points. Their fix is what we have today, which will potentially make your platooned character useless, since it deploys it, then checks if it can platoon it.
  • Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    But OP is right, there was something, but to be honest i'm no longer expecting CG to stick to their announcements, we have been proven several times they don't.

Did they ever make an official announcement though? They said they were planning on releasing the LS TB in November but the November calendar has only ever showed the Hoth version on the 18th. There's a reason why software and game developers avoid announcing specific release dates until they are confident they can hit those dates....otherwise, people will bring out the pitchforks and the "you lied about the date" rants. I always took the absence of the LS TB on the calendar as a pretty clear indication that even though they were targeting a November release date, they weren't sure the TB would be ready in time....that's why it was never on the calendar.

6oi33ytd3bie.jpg
    5kvmeqab058i.jpg
  • Options

At this point, though, if they can’t say with confidence that LSTB will be ready by Monday, they should make an announcement about delaying its release. I’m sure people would be upset but understanding that a bug free TB is better than a no rewards TB.

If, however, you have confidence that a Monday release will happen, then they should release some info on the TB. Either way, communication is a reasonable expectation at this point.
  • Options

At this point, though, if they can’t say with confidence that LSTB will be ready by Monday, they should make an announcement about delaying its release. I’m sure people would be upset but understanding that a bug free TB is better than a no rewards TB.

If, however, you have confidence that a Monday release will happen, then they should release some info on the TB. Either way, communication is a reasonable expectation at this point.

At this point though, as others have said, if 11/18 is the release date to run with Hoth, it needs to be released at a minimum of 11/17 so guilds can chose between Hoth and Geo. So, if no annoucement or update takes place today or tomorrow, its a good bet that LS Geo TB won't happen on the 18th. But I am in total agreement, we are nearling the 11th hour on this and some official word would be welcomed.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    We were told we will be getting information this week or early next week.

"We" as in the mods, or "we" as in the forums? Because on 11/1 Crumb said "next week," which was last week, and we all know that didn't happen.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2000512#Comment_2000512
    We've got a bunch of posts detailing the Light side version like last time. I'd expect that to kick off early next week most likely

That made me giggle, 13 days from an "early next week" and still nothing.

Meh I'll just be over here farming my orcs for solius in the meantime.. lol
  • Options

This is not a bug, but a feature. With the release of DS Hoth, you could infinitely deploy a character to a platoon, thus gaining the points. Their fix is what we have today, which will potentially make your platooned character useless, since it deploys it, then checks if it can platoon it.

It's a bug and yes it still exists.
  • Options

It's a bug and yes it still exists.

I know it still exists, but it's not a bug. They did it on purpose.
  • Options
    as always, i prefer delayed content over bugged content. Surely the button dissappear stuff isn't helping them reach the set release date either.

From past form, you can either have content on time and bugged or late and still just as badly bugged
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

From past form, you can either have content on time and bugged or late and still just as badly bugged

I know you're just trying to be clever but you can't account for all the bugs we never saw.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I know you're just trying to be clever but you can't account for all the bugs we never saw.

No just the ones we see with increasing regularity
    We're at the point now where even old content is bugging out and even you or kyno would struggle to defend cg's quality control
  • Options
    Well a delay will most likely mean a delay for general skywalkers that are not 7 stars yet

I expect ds geo to yield more currency
    At least the GET2 hopefully GET 1 aswell
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

No just the ones we see with increasing regularity
    We're at the point now where even old content is bugging out and even you or kyno would struggle to defend cg's quality control

I don't think anyone will deny their trackrecord being bad, but the point was that we can't know how bad it potentially would have been or be if it wasn't or won't be delayed.
    We don't know why they delay content, but one would it's assume it's because they found a bug while testing, they're still testing or they're simply not done coding yet. Either way, i much prefer a delay over rushed content just to meet a deadline they gave us.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/218799/november-calendar-changes#latest

Love all the speculation...I'll just go with, "we can't figure out how to make it work right" - translation "We can't figure out how to monetize it lucratively enough"

Im really starting to think that CG can't get anything right...you would think with all the outcries about new content and the whole Malak fiasco that CG would want to get something out to the community....
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    We were told we will be getting information this week or early next week.

Can you honestly still say this with a straight face?
  • Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    Kluge wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/218799/november-calendar-changes#latest

Love all the speculation...I'll just go with, "we can't figure out how to make it work right" - translation "We can't figure out how to monetize it lucratively enough"

Im really starting to think that CG can't get anything right...you would think with all the outcries about new content and the whole Malak fiasco that CG would want to get something out to the community....

Ha, they can't even be bothered to actually talk to us about it. They simply "updated the calendar."

This new guy that replaced Carrie straight up sucks.