LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    This is the wai.

Oh.

Oh, yes. I logged in just to like this.
  • Options
    So the first screenshot is the team I sent into the GR day 2 battle. The second is the 1 turn I got (it was Anakin's bonus turn when Padme died after 1 AOE).

If they really don't retune the difficulty (somewhere CG is laughing "you guys actually think we tuned it in the first place). I can't imagine that any guilds will actually opt in for it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Best way is just NOBODY do the light side TB. Nobody do it. If nobody plays CGs stupid be game(meaning TB, not game as a whole) then they can sit there and watch their wittle TB baby never grow up.

Looks like you are optimistic for future legendary events and the new raid xD
  • Options
    Woohoo! Clone wars chewie shards incoming!
  • Options
    .it's not like the difficulty was an accident.

True. I never thought they were actually going to adjust the difficulty, b/c I thought that they knew the battles were ridiculous for even current relic meta squads - I mean, how could they not know?

And the TP requirements... how could they not know that they were requiring 6M in ship gp alone, 13-14M gp total? How could they not know that is more than double of the highest gp player in the entire game - out of hundreds of thousands of player, not even one has half of 14M gp.

So you knew that there was a plan so that they could release this and then not have to worry about new content for a good long time.

My concern isn't the difficulty per se. We know there's going to be power creep and at some point it will be possible to reliably 4/4 all p1 missions for an average player in a top-500 guild (whatever is then the equivalent of a guild with 200M gp now). That's still only 12,500 players (25th place and up for 500 guilds) out of hundreds of thousands, but it's not outrageous.

The concern is that they didn't have to release this now. They've got the programming mostly done. That's fine. They don't need to spend extra development hours on it to store it on the server for 6 months or a year and drop it when you have 20-30 guilds reliably getting 33 stars on DS Geo TB.

There's no need for something this hard right now. We haven't got Wat to 7* yet. We haven't mastered DS. Not a single guild has gotten 33*, and even when the first guild does manage it, it's not going to be because all 50 people cakewalked through the p4 battles. Those are still pretty nasty and **someone** in the guild has to give up all those Bastillas and Malaks to the platoons.

Put this on ice. Let us earn the GET1 and GET2 we need through DS Geo. You've wasted absolutely zero dev hours b/c we will all be happy to play this when there's been a chance to release level increases or whatever is coming next to make this possible.

This TB is not fun. But it's also not necessary right now. Don't sabotage all your work carefully balancing LS Geo against whatever future power increase your planning. Just set it aside and we can all come back to it when it's possible to both play it AND have fun.

Remember fun?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    That's disappointing. P1 at least should allow players to get a few waves in to get some practice and strategy for later phases, without requiring relics on everyone. There's no ramp up at all in this TB, it's pretty much phases 4-7 of the other geo TB
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I expect 50 KAM shards, max * rewards 2 full zetas and 100 each kyro as a make good or else
  • Options
    I expect 50 KAM shards, max * rewards 2 full zetas and 100 each kyro as a make good or else

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's funny
  • Options
    You'll take your three clone wars Chewbacca shards, and you'll like it... AND you'll thank them, peasant!

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Glad the game could see what the devs can't and decided to sabotage this TB so we can all escape it and have an informed choice next time it launches.

Won't be doing it again for some time.

Thank you ghost in the machine, praise be your microchips.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Because that's exactly why people play games, right? For a ridiculous and hateful chore?

Well, no. But there's a lot of other the stuff in the game that IS fun, and is not a ridiculous and hateful chore. If the 3 minutes a day, 5 days a month of horrible, unfun game play is enough to make the entire game not enjoyable for you... well, then I guess it's time to find another game. If you are able to just push through those 3 minutes with gritted teeth, knowing the game developer doesn't care that you hate it... then the 4k GET2 is almost 15 Negotiator shards, and that's ok.

Well said. And great positive outlook.

But... Shouldn’t the new stuff be the Fun Part? Tackling old content is getting rather boring. DSGeo is “fun” because its new, challenging and more importantly a place to use unused teams. Ie Seps. LSGeo was supposed to be a place to use/practice with GR and Clones but it seems most will be just deploying- unfun.

So many things could fix this current debacle. Things we just don’t know about yet. and that’s hopefully what CG has up their sleeve. But they might want to start communicating soon.

Yes, I do think the new stuff is supposed to be fun. Clearly CG doesn't agree, so here we are. Maybe CG has a plan that they for some reason aren't telling us, and eventually this will be fun. But I kind of doubt it.

Do you actually, legitimately think this? That CG wants the game to be terrible, unfun, and something that will make everyone quit. Like, I get that people don't think this is fun. I don't think it's very fun either, but I don't think CG is purposely trying to make it unfun. Why would they do that? What's the benefit?

Ummm you legitimately think they’re trying to make it fun? 😂. No dear TVF....they’re simply milking $$$ from addicted gamers. It works. It works very well. There’s a science to it.
  • Options
    Because that's exactly why people play games, right? For a ridiculous and hateful chore?

Well, no. But there's a lot of other the stuff in the game that IS fun, and is not a ridiculous and hateful chore. If the 3 minutes a day, 5 days a month of horrible, unfun game play is enough to make the entire game not enjoyable for you... well, then I guess it's time to find another game. If you are able to just push through those 3 minutes with gritted teeth, knowing the game developer doesn't care that you hate it... then the 4k GET2 is almost 15 Negotiator shards, and that's ok.

But... Shouldn’t the new stuff be the Fun Part? Tackling old content is getting rather boring. DSGeo is “fun” because its new, challenging and more importantly a place to use unused teams. Ie Seps. LSGeo was supposed to be a place to use/practice with GR and Clones but it seems most will be just deploying- unfun.

So many things could fix this current debacle. Things we just don’t know about yet. and that’s hopefully what CG has up their sleeve. But they might want to start communicating soon.

Yes, I do think the new stuff is supposed to be fun. Clearly CG doesn't agree, so here we are. Maybe CG has a plan that they for some reason aren't telling us, and eventually this will be fun. But I kind of doubt it.

Do you actually, legitimately think this? That CG wants the game to be terrible, unfun, and something that will make everyone quit. Like, I get that people don't think this is fun. I don't think it's very fun either, but I don't think CG is purposely trying to make it unfun. Why would they do that? What's the benefit?

Ummm you legitimately think they’re trying to make it fun? 😂. No dear TVF....they’re simply milking $$$ from addicted gamers. It works. It works very well. There’s a science to it.

No kidding... Freemium 101. Make something unfun so people spend to beat it.....
  • Options
    Rewards where excellent
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    Finding silver linings:
    1) 6M GP needed for ships - this means that a HEAP more ships must be incoming - that is good, there are waaaaaaay to few compared with toons and makes GAC ships an absolute joke.
    2) Actually pretty reasonable rewards for the cancellation considering what CG usually do for us. I doubt most guilds would have earned that much if they’d played out LSGeoTB.
  • Options

No kidding... Freemium 101. Make something unfun so people spend to beat it.....

So if you knew you could make garbage and still have massive profits that you’d actually still put effort in to make it fun? Nah. They know they have us hooked. They constantly dangle a carrot....it’s not hard to see.
  • Options
    Wow just dont bring it back if you arent going to retune it.

Its not fun to play and thats the issue. Why should i focus on light side... at least i can play darkside.

Id rather spend time and perhaps cash on those characters
  • Options
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    To join the latest TB your guild needs 150mill GP.

I'd like to see how a 150mill GP guild is doing in the new LS TB. I bet it's not well.

And so our guild at 225mill GP is struggling.

It's a complete disaster.

It's actually 100 million GP in a guild to qualify lmao I'm part of a guild that was below that but had a few bits of GP in time to qualify. We've made it to 1 star in total in ships and I think that was actually after the 1st day/phase ended and we just started to get another go at deploying so not well at all lol. Literally maybe 1 or 2 players in the guild can even beat a battle the rest are deploying and cannon fodder filler for the deploy GP. We can't even fully fill any of the platoons to reach any bonuses in a territory at all so yeah the required guild GP they set is an absolute joke and bloody laugh how they checked and worked that one out...
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Ilucide wrote: »
    I love to see how many forum warriors (who very much do not work at Capital Games) speak authoritatively on what is or isn't "working as intended".

Don't speak for development teams, let them speak for themselves.

le sigh.

Can't blame a player base for doing that when someone's paid to speak for them but doesn't...
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    That's disappointing. P1 at least should allow players to get a few waves in to get some practice and strategy for later phases, without requiring relics on everyone. There's no ramp up at all in this TB, it's pretty much phases 4-7 of the other geo TB

This is an underrated comment. No one likes to sink a team yo find out that "insert toon" builds up damage and steamrolls in 1 turn to the point of no more chance at this battle. Let it hit hard in the first round of a battle by hitting much harder than the other toons but not a deadly blow. Literally all it would've took is scaling down 1 wave of GP rewards from a clear on a wave and making it so that these relic 7 teams can only lose half their combined HP from protec and health and the lower DPS toons hit scaled down accordingly, then ramp up the rewards and the damage to the insanity they already have it at...

Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out...
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Joegetta wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I have one question and you don't have to elaborate or explain anything. A simple yes or no will do. Could you please answer. Is this LSTB working as intended?

100%, yes this is WAI.
    :|

• Options
    Not sure what you thought they were gonna say but they put level 95s in P1. They knew they were making this extremely difficult....it's not like the difficulty was an accident.

Not an accident but a gross oversight/massive kitten up.
  • Options
    @CG_TopHat i gotta say buddy, the fact you guys are refusing to retune the difficulty of the galactic offensive TB shows you have no idea what’s going on in this game.
    Well you showed that as well with your answer about running Hoth and Geo TB’s concurrently because it would break the economy of the game when in reality it would make it better. More GET tokens means more ability to horde for the epic characters while also farming sorely needed gear, but that’s another story.

I find it comical you guys think that the difficulty is fine as is. You have people unable to finish CM’s in phase 1 of the event with MAXED teams and have the difficulty set to where anything less than G13 is obsolete and don’t think the Jedi need any reworks considering you need TWO teams alone for the first slice.

I move for a vote of no confidence in you and the rest of the devs. You don’t have any idea how to tune your event difficulty anymore. You fail to come out with new content and when you bring out a copy paste event, it’s bugged. You refuse to ease the gear crunch and even have those on your team admit in the Q&A not know what the meaning of ease is or the gear crunch itself. Bravo tophat, you’ve shown the community you truly don’t care
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat i gotta say buddy, the fact you guys are refusing to retune the difficulty of the galactic offensive TB shows you have no idea what’s going on in this game.
    Well you showed that as well with your answer about running Hoth and Geo TB’s concurrently because it would break the economy of the game when in reality it would make it better. More GET tokens means more ability to horde for the epic characters while also farming sorely needed gear, but that’s another story.

I find it comical you guys think that the difficulty is fine as is. You have people unable to finish CM’s in phase 1 of the event with MAXED teams and have the difficulty set to where anything less than G13 is obsolete and don’t think the Jedi need any reworks considering you need TWO teams alone for the first slice.

I move for a vote of no confidence in you and the rest of the devs. You don’t have any idea how to tune your event difficulty anymore. You fail to come out with new content and when you bring out a copy paste event, it’s bugged. You refuse to ease the gear crunch and even have those on your team admit in the Q&A not know what the meaning of ease is or the gear crunch itself. Bravo tophat, you’ve shown the community you truly don’t care

This.

• Options
    r88sl9e1uuzt.png
    @Ravens1113 I would love to see the Defensive statement for this.. Mods, yeah I guess.. I could find the super secret sauce here and make it even better. Let me think on the comments, there is no intention of increasing Gear, Relic, or Levels in the coming months. So I have no alternatives here, no theory crafting to accomplish I literally have a forced hand. So, I guess this just further pushes the narrative. Someone, please feel free to defend this, @CG_TopHat ?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    ...there is no intention of increasing...Levels in the coming months...

I don’t believe them if they did say that.
    #TooManyCredits

They did. No new relic levels or cap increase in the next 3 months.
  • Options
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    ...there is no intention of increasing...Levels in the coming months...

I don’t believe them if they did say that.
    #TooManyCredits

To be specific, 3 months; however, looking back at it. they did add in the favorite defensive Soresu Form: "at this time"

A: CG_Tophat - There's a discussion in the community that with this Territory Battle is setting up for a future progression system element that is imminently planned (the theory is typically this seems to be in the next two or three months). Geonosis Light Side is intended to be a long term piece of content that will take some time to master. The difficulty is intentional. We've tried to account for player theory crafters who generally do a great job of finding very powerful strategies in these pieces of content. We do not ***at this time*** have an expansion of relics, level cap increase, etc planned in the next three months. We will be actively monitoring player participation (and related behaviors) in the Geonosis Light Side territory battle. If there is a problem (your example is mass exodus) we will intervene and make changes. Hope this helps allay any concerns.