I can’t deal with GAC

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Im a day 1 shard and my old zetas on sidious, cody, maul etc are my downfall. The only stat im ever above any opponent i face is zetas. My 7 relics cant cope against 20+ relics. To be honest, ive given up with it. Its not fun but then again not much is on this game anymore.

I have zetas on Holdo, Barriss, Bastila, Carth, Chirpa, Vader, Ezra, Grievous lead, GK, Tarkin, Hermit Yoda. In GAC I never ever use Carth Chirpa Ezra. I never use Bastila or Grievous or Vader lead. I use GK with JKR. Holdo Barriss and Tarkin's zetas don't do much. I often don't use Hermit.

Undefeated this GAC and Kyber every time since the first one, which I missed (Div 2) by like 100 points.

Summary: Your zetas aren't your downfall.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xlor1 wrote: »
    Im a day 1 shard and my old zetas on sidious, cody, maul etc are my downfall. The only stat im ever above any opponent i face is zetas. My 7 relics cant cope against 20+ relics. To be honest, ive given up with it. Its not fun but then again not much is on this game anymore.

Yep. 23 relics vs. 10 for me, in round 1, 15 v. 10 this round. 3rd round will be fun too - it'll either be my 10 vs. 17 or 20 relics. So yeah, pretty much guaranteed 0-3 when opponent has 1-3 more full teams relic'd than I do. But yes, everything is fine. lolol.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF wrote: »

I have zetas on Holdo, Barriss, Bastila, Carth, Chirpa, Vader, Ezra, Grievous lead, GK, Tarkin, Hermit Yoda. In GAC I never ever use Carth Chirpa Ezra. I never use Bastila or Grievous or Vader lead. I use GK with JKR. Holdo Barriss and Tarkin's zetas don't do much. I often don't use Hermit.

Undefeated this GAC and Kyber every time since the first one, which I missed (Div 2) by like 100 points.

Summary: Your zetas aren't your downfall.

Well being as they pump my top 80 gp up im gonna say they are. Theyre the reason im facing 20+ relics to my 7. Some players i face are clearly newer players than me that have 20 or so less zetas but so many more r7s.
    4.9 mill
    Ftp
    Div 1
    I honestly dont mind losing to opponents that are better than me but when im behind before a blow is struck, its sucks the fun out.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yep. 23 relics vs. 10 for me, in round 1, 15 v. 10 this round. 3rd round will be fun too - it'll either be my 10 vs. 17 or 20 relics. So yeah, pretty much guaranteed 0-3 when opponent has 1-3 more full teams relic'd than I do. But yes, everything is fine. lolol.

It is same with me against almost every person in 3rd division and i am still able to get to kyber every time (except this one where i forgot to enter last week so not achieving kyber - i could achive it even with only assigning defence). Almost every player against me has DR with Malak, more relics but I am still able to win 80-90% of GA and the reason is i am FTP and i think i understand the game pretty well due to learning how to mod teams properly, how synergies work and what to use against whom... This is more about learning how to play not the relic and gear advantage.

Best case is going against "whale", that is 99% chance of winning in this division because they do not understand mods, synergies and counters.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Get Gud.

Although I cant say much because my opponents always are weaker than me in terms of roster teams

Responses like that are sooooo helpful.
  • Noahscapes wrote: »
    GAC matchmaking is a joke, light side TB is a joke, and CG continues to do nothing about it.

I have 4.4 million GP, I have 14 g13 characters with 6 relic 7, the rest at least 4. I keep facing 5-6 more g13 characters every GAC and of course I lost round one. What’s waiting for me? A 6star GAS with another 5 more g13 then I have.

It’s awesome to lose every GAC now. This game is become a chore.

I feel the same way. Some people here may try to help you though ... but if you're a casual player like me and don't want to spend all of your spare time researching mods, buying mods, slicing mods, changing mods, and studying mods for each and every single character and every single encounter or matchup that's possible in the entire game, then you get your a$$ handed to you.

Lots of people here think that's the best solution and the way the game should be. I disagree, and think matchmaking should be improved ... but since it favors people who are really into mods, they'll all tell you that everything is fine, and you just need to "get good". If you don't like mods, you're playing the wrong game. Too bad for those of us that don't find mods appealing ... there's nothing in GA for us except a daily curb-stomping.
  • Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Noahscapes wrote: »
    GAC matchmaking is a joke, light side TB is a joke, and CG continues to do nothing about it.

I have 4.4 million GP, I have 14 g13 characters with 6 relic 7, the rest at least 4. I keep facing 5-6 more g13 characters every GAC and of course I lost round one. What’s waiting for me? A 6star GAS with another 5 more g13 then I have.

I feel the same way. Some people here may try to help you though ... but if you're a casual player like me and don't want to spend all of your spare time researching mods, buying mods, slicing mods, changing mods, and studying mods for each and every single character and every single encounter or matchup that's possible in the entire game, then you get your a$$ handed to you.

Lots of people here think that's the best solution and the way the game should be. I disagree, and think matchmaking should be improved ... but since it favors people who are really into mods, they'll all tell you that everything is fine, and you just need to "get good". If you don't like mods, you're playing the wrong game. Too bad for those of us that don't find mods appealing ... there's nothing in GA for us except a daily curb-stomping.

I think you're at risk of over-playing the importance of mods.

I've got some good mods, but I'm not in the league of many others at my GP ( https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/ if you want to snoop). But mods don't have much impact on my GAC planning:

- If their DR, BSF are faster than mine, I know I need to use an alternative counter for that team. But that counter does not rely on modding to be successful
    - If they set Bossk led BH, I immediately check the speed of Bossk. If my FOO is faster, or my Starck is faster, I know I should be able to get the job done with FO or IT. If they're not, I'll need to use an alternative.

But for pretty much all other squads I choose a counter that will be successful irrespective of their mods. Maybe my roster is modded well enough that I am able to do that, but it certainly isn't close to the best modded roster in town.
  • As a personal experience i lost more fights couse of my own mistakes rather than my opponents roster.Having said that,i dont rly know at rly higher gp how things are going,but you should also have more options in teams to choose from,couse at lower i am atm,my choices still are limited.

I won a lot so far i thought i would lose just by looking at matching,just got to try and see how it goes.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »

I've got some good mods, but I'm not in the league of many others at my GP ( https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/ if you want to snoop). But mods don't have much impact on my GAC planning:

- If their DR, BSF are faster than mine, I know I need to use an alternative counter for that team. But that counter does not rely on modding to be successful
    - If they set Bossk led BH, I immediately check the speed of Bossk. If my FOO is faster, or my Starck is faster, I know I should be able to get the job done with FO or IT. If they're not, I'll need to use an alternative.

This supports that mods are important. You modded key characters like FOO and Starck for high speed. If you had modded them for low speed and high health instead, or with some random junk mods, you wouldn't have this flexibility. You wouldn't have those alternative counter teams.
    But for pretty much all other squads I choose a counter that will be successful irrespective of their mods.

Unlike Zippy, you have modded key characters that need speed with high speed, you modded attackers who benefit from health (like GG and Padme) for high health and so on. Your counters' success is not independent of your mods. An empire team with a +20 speed Vader or a JTR team with a low speed BB-8 wouldn't be much of a counter, would it? (That's the level of modding Zippy is referring to - although it's not clear from his comment).
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member

It doesn’t really matter why someone keeps losing, whether it’s ridiculous matchmaking, mods, or they’re just plain bad at fighting, losing most matches is not fun, and is boring and dispiriting. If GAC is to be a good experience, it has to factor wins and losses in the matchmaking process. Have bad players fight other bad players rather than having some get the stuffing knocked out of them every time.
  • Waqui wrote: »

This supports that mods are important. You modded key characters like FOO and Starck for high speed. If you had modded them for low speed and high health instead, or with some random junk mods, you wouldn't have this flexibility. You wouldn't have those alternative counter teams.
    But for pretty much all other squads I choose a counter that will be successful irrespective of their mods.

Unlike Zippy, you have modded key characters that need speed with high speed, you modded attackers who benefit from health (like GG and Padme) for high health and so on. Your counters' success is not independent of your mods. An empire team with a +20 speed Vader or a JTR team with a low speed BB-8 wouldn't be much of a counter, would it? (That's the level of modding Zippy is referring to - although it's not clear from his comment).

These are good points. Maybe my counters are effective counters because they are modded reasonably well enough to counter something.

I have sometimes checked opponents' mods in GAC and scratched my head, e.g. four speed mods on a toon with <10 speed secondary COMBINED. It beggars belief that people can be in div1 and still not know how to mod things even semi-usefully.

If modding is an issue to that extent, then people deserve to get hammered every round. Mods is a part of the game and people can't expect to be successful with the game if they don't engage with one aspect of it. Just like those people who refuse to activate certain toons / factions because they "don't like them".
  • 23, 15 and 20. Those are the number of relic'd toons my opponents' have these last 3 rounds of GAC. I have 10 relic toons. So every opponent has had between 5 and 13 more toons at reluc level than I do.

If that's "WAI", then I'm just glad the rewards are fairly useless, because GAC is not fun or engaging when the deck is stacked against you to the tune of 2+ full relic teams each round.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Matching making for you would be based off of top 80 character GP, so the 4 R7 are heavily skewing your matchmaking. It may seem unbalanced, but that too 80 GP is actually going to be very similar
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    23, 15 and 20. Those are the number of relic'd toons my opponents' have these last 3 rounds of GAC. I have 10 relic toons. So every opponent has had between 5 and 13 more toons at reluc level than I do.

If that's "WAI", then I'm just glad the rewards are fairly useless, because GAC is not fun or engaging when the deck is stacked against you to the tune of 2+ full relic teams each round.

Well actually the rewards aren't fairly useless. I never have to farm those slicing mats anymore. And there's plenty of of other stuff for a mode that takes something like ten hours at most over an entire month.
  • TVF wrote: »
    23, 15 and 20. Those are the number of relic'd toons my opponents' have these last 3 rounds of GAC. I have 10 relic toons. So every opponent has had between 5 and 13 more toons at reluc level than I do.

Well actually the rewards aren't fairly useless. I never have to farm those slicing mats anymore. And there's plenty of of other stuff for a mode that takes something like ten hours at most over an entire month.

Over the course of a month, the total rewards for simply logging in are much better than GAC. ;)

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Over the course of a month, the total rewards for simply logging in are much better than GAC. ;)

And some people want to just sim everything. Ok.