Something has to be done about the Arena lockout (suggestions welcome)

13Next

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    There are clearly people who like the current system, but I can't imagine this is ideal for many people. Who wants to have a designated time each day where they have to play a mobile app? Getting to the top can be exciting at first, but having to do it day after day, week after week, month after month is just a chore with no real reward. The same time every day. When you would prefer to keep up with life/family/job commitments.

On top of that, there is no intrinsic challenge. Any team in the top 20 can beat any other 95% of the time unless RNG goes against them. So the only "skill" is being able to block out your life for 15 minutes to focus on a mobile app.

I don't have any experience with other games of this type, so this just might be how it is. But how long can people reasonably expect to continue to have fun at this?

Then dont try for a top spot, is that simple. You mentioned being "forced" to do this but no one is forcing you to do anything. You make the choice and live with the cosequences plain an simple

Exactly. Stop playing is the only solution. Do you think that is what EA/CG wants? For more people to stop playing, and hard core people with nothing else to do to be the only ones left playing.

I never said stop playing. Your jumping to extremes. I said you can chose to (or not to) fight for a top spot. No one is forcing you to do so

Isn't there some theory that if all the income in the world was divided equally in a year or so the richest would just be the richest again?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    There are clearly people who like the current system, but I can't imagine this is ideal for many people. Who wants to have a designated time each day where they have to play a mobile app? Getting to the top can be exciting at first, but having to do it day after day, week after week, month after month is just a chore with no real reward. The same time every day. When you would prefer to keep up with life/family/job commitments.

On top of that, there is no intrinsic challenge. Any team in the top 20 can beat any other 95% of the time unless RNG goes against them. So the only "skill" is being able to block out your life for 15 minutes to focus on a mobile app.

I don't have any experience with other games of this type, so this just might be how it is. But how long can people reasonably expect to continue to have fun at this?

Then dont try for a top spot, is that simple. You mentioned being "forced" to do this but no one is forcing you to do anything. You make the choice and live with the cosequences plain an simple

Exactly. Stop playing is the only solution. Do you think that is what EA/CG wants? For more people to stop playing, and hard core people with nothing else to do to be the only ones left playing.

I never said stop playing. Your jumping to extremes. I said you can chose to (or not to) fight for a top spot. No one is forcing you to do so

Isn't there some theory that if all the income in the world was divided equally in a year or so the richest would just be the richest again?

Yup and almost 100% across the board i think thats accurate too. Ppl are whT they are and are who they are for a reason. A minor setback wont stop that progress imo.

I think is simply a case of someone who cant rank high and wants the rules changed to accomidate them rather them putting the same effort in. Its kinda like welfare in the way that ppl want something for nothing. Kinda sad really. Where ppl get this false sense of entitlement is beyond me lol.
    -end soapbox rant
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »

Yes and realize that those of us who benefit from the current system will just adapt to whatever change there is. People who succede will generally always do so and won't expect the rules to change to do it. Truth, beyond this game.

I am sure I have been benefiting from the current system as much as you. The problem is that it takes 0 skill and 0 strategy. Your only success is being able to be at your phone/tablet at the same time every day. That is the only "truth" either within this game or beyond it.

The point here is to give constructive feeback so that they could consider a system that would be more enjoyable for a majority of players.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Funny it's always those who loose who want the rules changed. Id hate to play monopoly with some of you.

Hate to burst your bubble but some of the very posters in this thread who are opposed to the current system regularly and consistently achieve #1 in their bracket, including yours truly who has never slipped below second in his respective window since January.

And that ain't a boast because again, gaining number one in this game has nothing to do with skill or craftiness in its current state.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ....edited out the cranky stuff - this forum... need to step away from it........

I'm OK with the arena as is and I'd rather see new tables in this game than a variant of something we already have. I'd also rather see all major bugs solved than a revamped system that may add more bugs.

In their other game (hoda) the pvp is based on a total number of pts you accumulate beating people's team up during a fixed period of time, and top rewards are items and units, some pvp exclusive. Guess what? It was a game of p2w even more that swgoh arena.

In the current arena, f2p have a chance at top 10 if they are willing to spend a few crystals to climb up there when they can, as opposed to hundreds of $ on refreshes regularly to win top spot in EACH pvp event. And you don't "lose" your gain so much every day, compared to a full reset for every new pvp event.

Got locked a few times? next time lock yourself 10 seconds earlier. Learn to see who's in the ranks and likely to target you...
    Post edited by Fantazy on
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member

And that ain't a boast because again, gaining number one in this game has nothing to do with skill or craftiness in its current state.

Nothing in this game is about skills or craftiness....... It's minimal strategy vs RNG. Sounds like we're still having fun with it since we're all around still playing it.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • HUSKARL wrote: »
    Top 10 on my shard rarely changes, can't remember the last time I had to use more than 3 battles to secure first. The time of day is annoying though as I have to sneak on at work hah.

They should have a weekly rank, prizing the guys who have spent the most time at #1, this would encourage more out of hours battles and really shake up the top groups.

+ 1
  • Starjumper wrote: »

Please use the above Thread to post suggestions and opinions.

This thread has gotten quite personal with snide insults. Please refrain from personal attacks. Thank you.
    FashionFett.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    No matter what, i just would like to move the payout from 6 pm to any other time, when im at home! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I think if your online it should notify you and give you 10 seconds to accept the challenge before the AI takes over that way you could control your team instead of the AI. Because EA'S AI blows at controlling other people's teams it's not like a server can memorize how you control your team against certain teams and run it close to the same way you would.
  • another whining little baby,

if you can't compete just delete the game.

If everyone wins whats the point of the game.

you must put some effort to win like me son.

wink wink

This guy is obviously one who sits in front of his phone/tablet for hours in perpetual combat like you said. lol