Content needs to be designed for the current.

Prev1
SWGOH used to be great and deliver content regularly that was designed to impact or shift the meta. The recent timing of events has shown that the game is dwindling away. We now get news of events that are months away, and when the event is released, it is designed for content to be released months away. It's a really lazy way to release content, and it is frustrating for a lot of people.

If they plan on raising the level cap or increasing mods etc. to create a power creep for new content, then they should do that before releasing the content. The recent chart in another post shows that it is impossible for guilds to have a chance with the current TB. Was this communicated to us before hand? I know they said it would be challenging, but it is actually impossible regardless of money spent at this moment. If they didn't communicate this to us before hand, then I feel like the majority of guilds were baited into the new content when Hoth would have provided better rewards. I hope they do something to clean up the mess that we've been getting accustomed to.

Replies

• Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I don’t like what they’re doing, but it does make sense, especially as they are probably operating with a skeleton crew.

They release unbeatable content, let players attempt that content and then release a way for players to buy things that allow them to compete/beat/actually play that content.

It’ll probably work too, as people will whale out hard to get the new relics, mods and toons needed to actually play LSTB.

January and February will probably be huge profit months for them.

The timing doesn’t really make sense to me though.
    DSGeo is still “live” content that most guilds are working at. No one has maxed it out yet, therefore there are still many players actively spending to do so. Example: We got 7* wat last Tb - then had 1 member complete his p4 SM. So there is still plenty to squeeze out of that content.

Whatever new “scheme” they introduce to make LSGeo semi-achievable will likely also have the effect of making DSGeo trivialized.
  • Options
    I don’t like what they’re doing, but it does make sense, especially as they are probably operating with a skeleton crew.

I think you nailed it with this one. The game probably isn't receiving the resources it once had. Mobile games have created a unique market and I don't think it anyone could predict how profitable microtransactions would be.

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

They release unbeatable content, let players attempt that content and then release a way for players to buy things that allow them to compete/beat/actually play that content.

It’ll probably work too, as people will whale out hard to get the new relics, mods and toons needed to actually play LSTB.

The timing doesn’t really make sense to me though.
    DSGeo is still “live” content that most guilds are working at. No one has maxed it out yet, therefore there are still many players actively spending to do so. Example: We got 7* wat last Tb - then had 1 member complete his p4 SM. So there is still plenty to squeeze out of that content.

Whatever new “scheme” they introduce to make LSGeo semi-achievable will likely also have the effect of making DSGeo trivialized.

They could decide to make light side characters stronger than dark side characters and keep these TBs challenging, but that would throw a wrench in some GA strategies. We'll have to wait and see, but they seem to be upsetting the community regularly. I worry that there will be people leftover to play their content when it's possible.
  • Options
    Higher level mods are incoming. This was obviously released with another pay wall in mind. This game is nothing but progression. Don't get excited for a new raid. It is going to require and 4 new pay walls
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    which event was it that was designed for current? hsth? dsgeotb?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    We won't see a new TB for a long while. This ensures that this content provides a challenge for the foreseeable future while other areas of the game are worked on.

If you're not ready for the content, do Hoth. If you want very difficult content to work on do Geo.

Might as well call this Galaxy of Complainers.

Additionally, "current" for who? Players are at all diffrent levels.

That's a very light spin on the current !@#$ show of recent events. I admire your ability to tolerate long periods of staleness.

"current" for anyone would be acceptable.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

They were all beatable. The top guilds were able to get 30+ stars on DSGEO first go with a nice dropoff for other guilds. The current TB is mathematically impossible to score highly on according to the deployment requirements. This is why I made this post. Release content that can be accomplished when it can be accomplished. It would have been better to stall this TB until after their next progression system they have planned.
  • Options
    We won't see a new TB for a long while. This ensures that this content provides a challenge for the foreseeable future while other areas of the game are worked on.

If you're not ready for the content, do Hoth. If you want very difficult content to work on do Geo.

How does one “work on” LSGeo?
    It’s nowhere near achievable. Full Relic7 teams are managing 2/4, 3/4 in phase 1. What work should those players be doing in order to succeed?

If this is intended then it was definitely released at the wrong time.
    This is a case of the carrot being so far away that even the finest of donkeys can’t smell it and so he has no incentive to reach for it.
  • Options
    The problem is that the writing is in the wall.
    DSGeo launches and was super difficult - then relics came and it’s now achievable (or at least we can foresee a point where a guild could max it out).

Now LSGeo is released, and it exponentially more difficult. Therefore the only way any guild could ever come even close to doing well is by something that levels up toon power exponentially.

That’s a scary thought, especially with so many players unhappy with the quick release of g13 and relics.
  • Options

That's their own fault for allocating resources away from their sole successful money maker to a new project. What concerns me is that they are a very small studio and so to take away resources from a major money maker and title series means 1 of 3 possible things. 1. They are really gutsy and think they can repeat the same success they had with star wars with something brand new that doesn't have a big following. 2. They are really stupid. Or 3. They are working on another star wars project that will replace SWGOH or another big name series.
  • Options
    JerryHello wrote: »

That's their own fault for allocating resources away from their sole successful money maker to a new project. What concerns me is that they are a very small studio and so to take away resources from a major money maker and title series means 1 of 3 possible things. 1. They are really gutsy and think they can repeat the same success they had with star wars with something brand new that doesn't have a big following. 2. They are really stupid. Or 3. They are working on another star wars project that will replace SWGOH or another big name series.

If it's the 3rd one they ppl need to stop spending immediately because it will ultimately be a useless investment. There was another star wars game kind of similar to this not to long ago that this game essentially replaced if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options

This. Create a problem, then sell the solution. It's one of the oldest rules of sales.

That said, it is a waste of everyone's time (including theirs) to create content that just annoys players and "encourages" them to rage/frustration quit. Some guilds are reporting people quitting once the difficulty of this TB was realized. Others will likely leave when the "solution" becomes available (i.e. higher mods, more relic levels, a raised level cap, etc.) There is a fine line between creating new content and driving new demand. CG often errs on the side of the latter rather than former.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think what’s very frustrating to players is that they waited 5 months of content drought for this
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. Create a problem, then sell the solution. It's one of the oldest rules of sales.

That said, it is a waste of everyone's time (including theirs) to create content that just annoys players and "encourages" them to rage/frustration quit. Some guilds are reporting people quitting once the difficulty of this TB was realized. Others will likely leave when the "solution" becomes available (i.e. higher mods, more relic levels, a raised level cap, etc.) There is a fine line between creating new content and driving new demand. CG often errs on the side of the latter rather than former.

Nikoms I remember you from back in the day man. I don't really post on the forums much anymore because it's so censored and filtered, but we've been through quite the journey!

Btw, do you know what happened to BentWookie? He was the only good mod I've seen.
  • Options
    Question: Who had fun with GeoLSTB?
  • Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Question: Who had fun with GeoLSTB?

My son will. He is 4 months old now but I will leave him my account in my will. By the time he is 18 he should be ready to complete the P1 missions.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    On the one hand, I can understand why they did it this way. People are so thirsty for new content that they'll chew through it way faster than the devs can create it. A new event they spent 6 months working on will get demolished in a few weeks, then the chorus of "ZOMG MOAR CONTENT" starts up again before they've got something new even half done. So by jacking the difficulty way up, they can sorta kinda prevent that, which seems a slightly better solution than doing stuff like nerfing teams that can solo big chunks of the Sith raid under the pretense that 18-month-old content is "endgame."

On the OTHER hand, they def went overboard. I expected it to be really hard, but G13 teams being unable to clear a single wave in Phase 1, and R7 teams still not managing a 4/4, is just absurd.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    CG is looking for cheap ways to get players to spend to milk whom is left since they stopped caring about making a quality game of fun content. It is lazy, and disrespectful to the loyal community around the game.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    CG is looking for cheap ways to get players to spend to milk whom is left since they stopped caring about making a quality game of fun content. It is lazy, and disrespectful to the loyal community around the game.

This kind of commentary doesn't help. If you really feel this way then you should just stop playing.

No matter how much you complain about feeling "disrespected," your continued use of the app will be interpreted as implicit approval of whatever they're doing.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

HSith had tiers where everyone was able to play and gave something to work towards and still does for lower guilds.

DS Geo - required 70 million gp and had Recommendation of 140. My guild of 118 million got 13 stars on first time out. 90k Nightsisters got 3/4 in phase 1 ... difficult but felt some satisfaction and progress towards points. Gave something to put effort towards.

LS Geo - required 100 million gp, recommendation of 150. My guild is now almost 160 million and will be lucky to get 6*. 126k CLS squad couldn’t complete .5 waves neither could my 110k JKR. Then we find it’s working as intended. This tells me that they purposely mislead the players and actively trying to limit the currency coming to us. I view this load of manure as a slap in the face followed by a laugh and middle finger from them.

I have NO PROBLEM with them releasing hard content I can’t participate in yet. Have no issues with this TB in and of itself. It was them not communicating the difficulty properly.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

How does one “work on” LSGeo?
    It’s nowhere near achievable. Full Relic7 teams are managing 2/4, 3/4 in phase 1. What work should those players be doing in order to succeed?

If this is intended then it was definitely released at the wrong time.
    This is a case of the carrot being so far away that even the finest of donkeys can’t smell it and so he has no incentive to reach for it.

Um, keep getting more and more missions completed each attempt.

There definetly have already been full clears. Go to YouTube, one of the more popular YouTubers did really well (included a 4/4 run) and I don't consider him an expert.

Complain first, strategize second is the complainer motto.

I really respected your ability to refrain from complaining until I looked at your own topics that you've created on this forum. Selective complaining is still complaining. I'd delete all those posts if you want to be taken seriously.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

This kind of commentary doesn't help. If you really feel this way then you should just stop playing.

No matter how much you complain about feeling "disrespected," your continued use of the app will be interpreted as implicit approval of whatever they're doing.

It isn't helpful when CG releases content in this manner. "The customer is always right" motto is an extreme, but there is a point to it. Look at how the community is feeling right now, and the silence from CG so far about this. Players of all levels from F2P to the largest of whales are very upset. If CG engaged the community at a more human level then it would do a lot to mitigate these kinds of responses. This is also certainly not the first time the community has been upset in such a way. People are passionate about this game and there are redeemable qualities. Players have also invested a lot of time, money, and feel loyalty to their guild, which is like a family too many. That is why a 'just quit if you are so unhappy' response comes across as eerily similar to someone telling someone to leave the country if they don't like The President.