Content needs to be designed for the current.

2Next

Replies

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    CG is looking for cheap ways to get players to spend to milk whom is left since they stopped caring about making a quality game of fun content. It is lazy, and disrespectful to the loyal community around the game.

This kind of commentary doesn't help. If you really feel this way then you should just stop playing.

No matter how much you complain about feeling "disrespected," your continued use of the app will be interpreted as implicit approval of whatever they're doing.

This kind of commentary is sadly true and it helps to vent. This ↑ is what doesn't help one bit. It reminds me of people telling others to leave the country if they don't like social injustice, government corruption and other problems that need to be addressed and fixed.

You don't build a vast collection of Star Wars action figures and throw it in the trash when Hasbro's latest releases don't live up to your expectations. SWGOH is a virtual action figure collection. We have an emotional investment in our rosters, as well as a sizeable financial investment in some cases. Why should we have to give up something we love just because CG turns the greed dial up to 11? We can vote with our wallets, but simply walking away from the game and ceasing all critical feedback won't change anything.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    The problem is that the writing is in the wall.
    DSGeo launches and was super difficult - then relics came and it’s now achievable (or at least we can foresee a point where a guild could max it out).

Now LSGeo is released, and it exponentially more difficult. Therefore the only way any guild could ever come even close to doing well is by something that levels up toon power exponentially.

That’s a scary thought, especially with so many players unhappy with the quick release of g13 and relics.

It's really getting old too. I've maxed the same characters 3 times now. First g12, then g13, and now r7. This has to be enough for a while. I want to focus on other squads I've neglected in order to relic the top of my roster. Holding a gun to my head and forcing me to do it all over again unless I want to lose my arena income is no way to keep people invested in an online game. Especially since the amount of playable content we're getting for our expensive characters is pitiful.
  • Phase 1 shouldn’t be sooooo end game that decent squads can’t complete a single wave so get off your high horse

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    CG is looking for cheap ways to get players to spend to milk whom is left since they stopped caring about making a quality game of fun content. It is lazy, and disrespectful to the loyal community around the game.

This kind of commentary doesn't help. If you really feel this way then you should just stop playing.

No matter how much you complain about feeling "disrespected," your continued use of the app will be interpreted as implicit approval of whatever they're doing.

This kind of commentary is sadly true and it helps to vent. This ↑ is what doesn't help one bit. It reminds me of people telling others to leave the country if they don't like social injustice, government corruption and other problems that need to be addressed and fixed.

You don't build a vast collection of Star Wars action figures and throw it in the trash when Hasbro's latest releases don't live up to your expectations. SWGOH is a virtual action figure collection. We have an emotional investment in our rosters, as well as a sizeable financial investment in some cases. Why should we have to give up something we love just because CG turns the greed dial up to 11? We can vote with our wallets, but simply walking away from the game and ceasing all critical feedback won't change anything.

Running a country and running a mobile game are two vastly different things, and trying to attach what I said to an emotionally-charged subject like "social injustice" is not only a poor analogy, but disingenuous, as I suspect you already knew that.

Businesses listen to what metrics tell them. If the metrics tell CG that people are still playing and spending, they're going to keep right on doing what they're doing. It's as simple as that.

You can shout that you're "not a number" and "we deserve better" all you want, but the data doesn't lie.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Austin9370 wrote: »
    Care to elaborate on these complaint infractions I have @Kopfschuss ? You're really grasping at air, lol.

Infractions? Grasping at air? I made a post with constructive thoughts on timing content releases in an attempt to offer solutions to a lot of players being upset right now. Your first post started off well, until you called the player base "Galaxy of Complainers." I found this ironic because most of your topics have been complaining topics. That's all. Don't get upset about it.
  • Yes but it’s still the same telling someone who has a lot invested, be it time, money, or something emotional, to leave if they don’t like it is still the same as telling them to leave if they don’t like some of that countries policies. Things don’t change for the better without constructive criticism.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Care to elaborate on these complaint infractions I have @Kopfschuss ? You're really grasping at air, lol.

Infractions? Grasping at air? I made a post with constructive thoughts on timing content releases in an attempt to offer solutions to a lot of players being upset right now. Your first post started off well, until you called the player base "Galaxy of Complainers." I found this ironic because most of your topics have been complaining topics. That's all. Don't get upset about it.

Name the topics I started about complaining? Lol

Chewy Arena Success?
    How any rows can the best device see?
    Community Sentiment (bad look with all the complaint posts for new players when this is a great game)
    Gear Inventory Request to see Gear? (They even answered my request in a Q&A

I don't think you know what a "complaint" is or you didn't read initially and now are just doubling down on being wrong.

I'd like to move on, because I don't really want to argue with you, but since you're concerned enough to keep coming back, I'll appease you. This post is literally 3 complaints numbered by you.
    If I were a new player to this game and I came to the forums as it is today, I'd be very concerned. Nearly every post is negative.

I've most often defended CG, but I can't even do it anymore. Here are my top 3 reasons.

Kyrotechs: These are purely there to make you use crystals purchasing from shipments. On top of needing 2800 of them for a gear piece, these were sold as a way to help with the gear bottleneck. Hah.

Communication: The tone deafness of some of these community posts are alarming. I'm paraphrasing, but "Our data shows the community is engaging with Relics so they were a good enhancement". No kittens, you either get on board or quit the game. Also, release a garbage update and hide through the weekend is lame too.

Epic Events: Make the requirements whatever you want. That's not the issue. Just don't give me a paper weight for my trouble. Being any less then a 7* is a complete joke.

Overall, CG either cut the cord with this IP or have a little more balance with a fair and enjoyable game for players. You know the ones who provide your paycheck.

I think you and I see things the same way. We enjoy playing this game and don't like the negativity that comes with bad decisions. Calling the player base complainers is not constructive and only fuels the toxicity. Good luck to you.
  • “No no, all those things I complained about were just and right and noble!
    But this thread has complaints about something I disagree with, so everyone agreeing with them is just a useless whiner”
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Running a country and running a mobile game are two vastly different things, and trying to attach what I said to an emotionally-charged subject like "social injustice" is not only a poor analogy, but disingenuous, as I suspect you already knew that.

Businesses listen to what metrics tell them. If the metrics tell CG that people are still playing and spending, they're going to keep right on doing what they're doing. It's as simple as that.

You can shout that you're "not a number" and "we deserve better" all you want, but the data doesn't lie.

There is still some equivalency as I tried to express, and emphasize. You are right that this is a business, and it is all about the numbers for them. Unfortunately, when companies take the route of treating customers like a number and make them feel disrespected then it damages the company's reputation. The market trend in business has been evolving away from this model and towards a more customer-friendly model in recent decades. Reputation is very important to companies. Now, with the monopolization of big tech in recent years, and the microtransaction models I feel like things are sliding away into the other direction.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Question: Who had fun with GeoLSTB?

I don't know if it's exactly fun, but it's way easier organizing this TB over DS!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Question: Who had fun with GeoLSTB?

I don't know if it's exactly fun, but it's way easier organizing this TB over DS!

True. Being able to just type "Deploy all to South..." is very simple.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Ive hoarded resources @Austin9370. Was going to use them once I saw what LSGeo was like and.... I think I’ll save em now.

It’s funny that you pointed it out though. It always makes me feel better about myself when other people are rude and uncool. Plus I’m not sure what point youre making; That I’m only in the top 3% of players and not the 1%?

Complainers gonna complain about complaining complainers. If you don’t think LSGeo should’ve been better than it was you’re part of the problem and should be stopped.

What? Just stop. You lied to try and emphasize a point and you were caught. Quit trying to tap dance around it and move on.

The point I made with you specifically was to counter your claim that an elite player such as yourself with allegedly relics can't do well. Many others with recommended gear and relic levels have had success.

My response was to show you were lying about your status as an elite player and that you have not yet achieved the recommended relic status of key characters for this phase. Probably a big part of why you didn't do well.

To say, the new content should have been more player friendly is a completely diffrent argument and a valid opinion. This wasn't what you were doing. You were spreading a false narrative.

🎤🎤🎤

Did you just rate your post 3 microphones? Out of how many, four?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ive hoarded resources @Austin9370. Was going to use them once I saw what LSGeo was like and.... I think I’ll save em now.

It’s funny that you pointed it out though. It always makes me feel better about myself when other people are rude and uncool. Plus I’m not sure what point youre making; That I’m only in the top 3% of players and not the 1%?

Complainers gonna complain about complaining complainers. If you don’t think LSGeo should’ve been better than it was you’re part of the problem and should be stopped.

What? Just stop. You lied to try and emphasize a point and you were caught. Quit trying to tap dance around it and move on.

The point I made with you specifically was to counter your claim that an elite player such as yourself with allegedly relics can't do well. Many others with recommended gear and relic levels have had success.

My response was to show you were lying about your status as an elite player and that you have not yet achieved the recommended relic status of key characters for this phase. Probably a big part of why you didn't do well.

To say, the new content should have been more player friendly is a completely diffrent argument and a valid opinion. This wasn't what you were doing. You were spreading a false narrative.

🎤🎤🎤

3/3

I think you overrated it. And I'm impartial.

(To be clear I didn't really read it, I'm just a tough judge)

🎤🎤🎤

3/3

Your brevity used to drive me crazy, but I've come to really enjoy your posts 🎤🎤🎤/3
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

🎤🎤🎤

3/3

Your brevity used to drive me crazy, but I've come to really enjoy your posts 🎤🎤🎤/3

Brevity is no longer possible with the new quote format.

🎤🎤🎤

3/3

Brevity is no longer possible with the new quote format.

IKR?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*