Helloooo, devs???

JDIII
1736 posts Member
We’re all still waiting to hear about when the fix is coming for this screwed up TB. Please let us know when soon, ty

Replies

• I don't think they're going to do anything but let us suffer through this.

We've now been notified of the real difficulty level.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    They aren't going to say anything, and TB isn't screwed up. It's exactly how they wanted it. They may say something during the Q&A tomorrow, but I kind of doubt it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    You’ll hear from them in 27 hours at the very most
  • I have yet to see anybody that is actually enjoying this new content. It's being treated as a joke in my guild and the same with my shard buddies. A response from the devs, or any update for that matter would be real nice. Never before have I witnessed such a divide between a game developer and its player base.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    They aren't going to say anything, and TB isn't screwed up. It's exactly how they wanted it. They may say something during the Q&A tomorrow, but I kind of doubt it.

Nah, it’s definitely screwed up. R7 characters being killed in 1 wave this early

No, I guarantee you it's not screwed up. I am aware how poorly r7 squads are doing, and I know without a doubt that this is WAI from CG's point of view.
  • JDIII wrote: »

Nah, it’s definitely screwed up. R7 characters being killed in 1 wave this early

It isn't a screw up. It is designed to build frustration so that people buy their next upgrade.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    i got a new lightsaber color in jedi fallen order so i feel better from this TB
  • I don't get it, the new TB is meant to be new content for the months to come, but some of the players moan it is too hard. TBH, we aren't meant to finish it right from the start, similar to the TB or raids if you start new. Content takes month to make and if we as players rush through it, the Devs make something wrong
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't think they're going to do anything but let us suffer through this.

They re-tuned Hoth DS. It's possible they do it here too, after they look at the data.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Atarius wrote: »
    I don't get it, the new TB is meant to be new content for the months to come, but some of the players moan it is too hard. TBH, we aren't meant to finish it right from the start, similar to the TB or raids if you start new. Content takes month to make and if we as players rush through it, the Devs make something wrong

New content is that content you actually can play.

I just want to play, I don't care getting 3/4, 1/4 x 3 almost getting the second wave.

I care for getting 1/4 (almost 2/4) and not another turn on the other CMs.

Players just wanna get fun.
  • Wai, its clear this is the five year plan.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

They re-tuned Hoth DS. It's possible they do it here too, after they look at the data.
    They’ve readjusted things after data analysis, and I’m sure they’ll retune this TB too.

Contrary to what popular opinion think, they didn’t spend working on a TB for 5+ months so that nobody would bother playing
  • Are they going to compensate us with additional stars for this TB?
  • JDIII wrote: »

It isn't a screw up. It is designed to build frustration so that people buy their next upgrade.
    Disgusting, but true.

• Kyno has already relayed that Tophat said the TB is WAI in a separate thread. I'm not holding my breath on them coming back and tuning it down a notch.
  • I’m really not sure how getting two waves out of a possible 20 ground waves and zero fleet waves is wai... this is stupid and will make things even more grumpy round here
  • Ultra wrote: »

They’ve readjusted things after data analysis, and I’m sure they’ll retune this TB too.

Contrary to what popular opinion think, they didn’t spend working on a TB for 5+ months so that nobody would bother playing

Did they do any balance testing during that "5+ months" of working on it? If so, and this is what they consider balanced content, it's clear evidence of how utterly disconnected they are from their playerbase. If not, that's more evidence of their overwhelming incompetence in game development.

Yes, they've certainly "adjusted things after data analysis". (Although, I think the only data they're analyzing is spending patterns.) Personally, I believe that this TB is tuned exactly how they want it for the release, and that they won't be adjusting the difficulty in any meaningful way any time soon. Instead, they'll wait until the Tip of the Spear finishes buying whatever upgrades they feel compelled to purchase in order to feel competitive, then they'll go about the business of monetizing a bit of "relief" for the masses in the form of additional relic levels or abilities.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Atarius wrote: »
    I don't get it, the new TB is meant to be new content for the months to come, but some of the players moan it is too hard. TBH, we aren't meant to finish it right from the start, similar to the TB or raids if you start new. Content takes month to make and if we as players rush through it, the Devs make something wrong

No, DSTB was designed to be new content for months to come. It is currently impossible to 36* this without 80 more ships being added to the game. So you're looking at years. In fact, assuming 2 new ships each month starting now, the earliest possible 36* will be in March of 2023.

They did, and it's possible, but extremely unlikely.
    Ultra wrote: »

Not sure who is saying this. We are obviously playing it, or we wouldn't be complaining. We just aren't enjoying it. My 240M guild is seriously considering doing Hoth, because though it's also not fun, it's at least not soul-suckingly frustrating to the point that it makes me want to quit like LS Geo is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We’re all still waiting to hear about when the fix is coming for this screwed up TB. Please let us know when soon, ty

In reference to this, it is WAI. The difficulty is where they intended.

If you have any other issues, you should report them to Answers HQ.
This discussion has been closed.