Hyperdrive Bundle

Prev13
Eweff
400 posts Member
edited December 2019
Hey let’s all politely, and following the TOS, share our thoughts and feelings about the new Hyperdrive Bundle.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Throw it in the trash compactor.
  • Options
    It only help new people willing to pay... Just feel like another bad excuse for a cash grab

• Options
    Wish they showed pictures. Just a bunch of paragraphs.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Too long didn’t read
  • Options
    I was sold on it as soon as I saw sim tickets included. One can never have enough sim tickets.
  • Sev
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Im curious how it will effect arena at the low level. I know you can horde energy and power level to the top of your shard, but is it going to make shards have like 100 lvl 85s while everyone are only lvl 30?
  • Options
    RawdSW wrote: »
    I was sold on it as soon as I saw sim tickets included. One can never have enough sim tickets.

Yeah you can lol you'll get there. I've got 75k
  • Options
    Can you believe they posted about this dumb pack while simultaneously not posting about the blunder LSGTB is? Thousands and thousands of players are waiting for a statement about LSGTB and nothing but silence. Getting close to putting this game down.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    I love this subtle euphemism: "In the Road Ahead, TopHat talked briefly about the Hyperdrive Bundle."
    Half of the Road Ahead post was about this new bundle. If this means "briefly", I can just imagine how the devs talk about other bundles amongst each other:

"-Hey! Have you seen the new gear pack I've just assembled for megaubersuperkrakens?
    - Noooo way. Tell me about it mooooooorree.
    *more than a workday-long chatter*
    - Wow, it's really amazing. Can you give us some more details?
    - Sure, read the Road Ahead post."

• Options
    So this bundle effectively removes the early game for new players? And the Mid game if they chose to purchase a higher option? Or did I just get confused somewhere?
    And how much is this going to cost?? Good lord above
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Can you believe they posted about this dumb pack while simultaneously not posting about the blunder LSGTB is? Thousands and thousands of players are waiting for a statement about LSGTB and nothing but silence. Getting close to putting this game down.

At the end of Crumb’s post, he says
    Please feel free to submit questions related to this topic in our next Q&A.

Expect most questions to be on journey guide or hyperdrive bundle and avoid most TB questions
  • Options
    Isn't a character required to be 7 stars in order to reach g12? They provided an example of a 6 star at g12... Shouldn't happen unless it is Malak that got "illegal" shards, upgraded to 7 star, progressed to g12, then had their illegal shards pulled back and got to keep their gear. Or is this a new feature?
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It's good to see they can still find their way through all the flames and stay focused on what is important to them.

$$$
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Options
    If I'm being honest, I'd like to know if others can tell who purchased this bundle. If so, I don't want anyone who did in any guild I'm in or associated with for two reasons:

1) They will likely have a very poor understanding of the game, as they haven't actually "played up" their account - they've just been handed one (for a hefty price, no doubt)

2) They are apparently not very smart, as there are well built accounts....available by means that some might consider....unnatural.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If I'm being honest, I'd like to know if others can tell who purchased this bundle. If so, I don't want anyone who did in any guild I'm in or associated with for two reasons:

1) They will likely have a very poor understanding of the game, as they haven't actually "played up" their account - they've just been handed one (for a hefty price, no doubt)

2) They are apparently not very smart, as there are well built accounts....available by means that some might consider....unnatural.

I'm not sure how this equals "not very smart."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Matti359
    123 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    CG are clueless, people are fuming with anger on the **** LSTB and instead they ask for more money with new bundles.....you guys deserve Disney to revoke your Starwars licence.

No money for you, anyone who buys this supports a cash grab company.
  • HondoOhnaka
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TVF i guess he means not really understanding the game (synergies, mods, matchmaking - which team is best counter or what to use and not to use against whom etc.)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Because they bought the pack, instead of a well built account.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

Not knowing about a "well built account" is not a matter of smarts.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    TVF i guess he means not really understanding the game (synergies, mods, matchmaking - which team is best counter or what to use and not to use against whom etc.)

No he means not knowing about a shortcut you'd have to do research to know about. In my book that doesn't make someone dumb.
  • Options
    I read it, I don't know what I just read, but i read it.
  • Options

No he means not knowing about a shortcut you'd have to do research to know about. In my book that doesn't make someone dumb.

If I have money to invest in something, I research that something before investing to make sure I get the best ROI. Not doing one's due diligence when investing would be considered dumb by some people. I'm some people.

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

If I have money to invest in something, I research that something before investing to make sure I get the best ROI. Not doing one's due diligence when investing would be considered dumb by some people. I'm some people.

Some people just like playing phone games and spending a little money on the entertainment they bring. But whatever.
  • Options

You mean becoming a whale and spending on the game, right? Because I don't think the TOS allow you to buy an account.
  • Options

Some people just like playing phone games and spending a little money on the entertainment they bring. But whatever.

We haven't seen the price of the pack yet, but I doubt most people will consider it "a little money".

• Options

You mean becoming a whale and spending on the game, right? Because I don't think the TOS allow you to buy an account.

You are absolutely correct about what the terms of service state.

• Options
    This sounds like cg is selling hoarder accounts . Well if you cant beat them join them .
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I disagree with buying the account

I agree that newer players will have poorer understanding of the game. Best move imo would be to get every non journey / legendary toon to 7 stars and some gear to push them to gear 4/5 I guess And a bunch of credits and training droids

Level should stay at 1

Can’t imagine a player with No zetas, no mods, or anything and being able to sim everything. They are missing a lot about what made this game fun early on and endgame isn’t as fun of you haven’t worked your way up
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

You are absolutely correct about what the terms of service state.

Then why even bring it up and call people dumb for not doing it?