Hyperdrive Bundle

Replies

• Options
    This bundle won’t help me survive P1 of LSGeoTB, and it doesn’t include a Mace rework, so I don’t care about it.

However, based on the little we do know I am worried that the bundle will effectively be a requirement when you start. If you are already in arena, and someone buys it, but you haven’t will you be screwed? Will it be a whale or else experience for all new players? Who knows.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If I'm being honest, I'd like to know if others can tell who purchased this bundle. If so, I don't want anyone who did in any guild I'm in or associated with for two reasons:

1) They will likely have a very poor understanding of the game, as they haven't actually "played up" their account - they've just been handed one (for a hefty price, no doubt)

2) They are apparently not very smart, as there are well built accounts....available by means that some might consider....unnatural.

I'm not sure how this equals "not very smart."

Because they bought the pack, instead of a well built account.

You mean becoming a whale and spending on the game, right? Because I don't think the TOS allow you to buy an account.

You are absolutely correct about what the terms of service state.

Then why even bring it up and call people dumb for not doing it?

Let's just drop it. I like being allowed to post.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    This bundle won’t help me survive P1 of LSGeoTB, and it doesn’t include a Mace rework, so I don’t care about it.

However, based on the little we do know I am worried that the bundle will effectively be a requirement when you start. If you are already in arena, and someone buys it, but you haven’t will you be screwed? Will it be a whale or else experience for all new players? Who knows.

I spent forever having no clue about arena. You are only screwed until you catch up to the rest of your shard, which is always possible.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

This is exactly what the problem will be. It's obviously targeted at new whale accounts, either creating new whales or encouraging existing whales to build alternate accounts. New players will have to buy the bundle or never be competitive. New FTP will disappear.
    If the Hyperdrive bundle were made available to all players as an achievement, it would be a much better PTP/FTP compromise. PTP would get their paid-for advantage, FTP would not feel forever hopeless.
  • Options
    If I'm being honest, I'd like to know if others can tell who purchased this bundle. If so, I don't want anyone who did in any guild I'm in or associated with for two reasons:

1) They will likely have a very poor understanding of the game, as they haven't actually "played up" their account - they've just been handed one (for a hefty price, no doubt)

2) They are apparently not very smart, as there are well built accounts....available by means that some might consider....unnatural.

You mean becoming a whale and spending on the game, right? Because I don't think the TOS allow you to buy an account.

Because you only get banned for account transfer if you’ve previously released a cheating video on YouTube. CG knows of plenty of other account transfers and has never done anything about them. They don’t care.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Because you only get banned for account transfer if you’ve previously released a cheating video on YouTube. CG knows of plenty of other account transfers and has never done anything about them. They don’t care.

Anecdotal
  • Options

Anecdotal

Not anecdota, he is correct, there are thousands of accounts beeing sold through public channels (facebook, starwars forums (not swgoh) etc.) and noone punished these people even when it is super easy to track them. CG doesn´t care about anything happening inside the community except their wallets that is all
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Anecdotal

Not anecdota, he is correct, there are thousands of accounts beeing sold through public channels (facebook, starwars forums (not swgoh) etc.) and noone punished these people even when it is super easy to track them. CG doesn´t care about anything happening inside the community except their wallets that is all

So people are selling an alt account using the name of their main account so CG knows who to ban?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    TVF i guess he means not really understanding the game (synergies, mods, matchmaking - which team is best counter or what to use and not to use against whom etc.)

No he means not knowing about a shortcut you'd have to do research to know about. In my book that doesn't make someone dumb.

If I have money to invest in something, I research that something before investing to make sure I get the best ROI. Not doing one's due diligence when investing would be considered dumb by some people. I'm some people.

So buying something that could get you banned and then you have no account and no way of getting a refund is smart?
  • Options
    It is enough to ban accounts which people are selling that is all. I do not care about main accounts, they can stay until owners decide to sell even them too. Issue is also that people don´t need to have alternative accounts they sell their main accounts as they are tired of all ... which cg is giving us for over a year...
  • Options
    I'm just confused about how one of the scenarios is a level 35 6 star character having G12. Have they forgotten how their game/gearing system works? Or have they finally just said **** this game?
  • Options
    It is enough to ban accounts which people are selling that is all. I do not care about main accounts, they can stay until owners decide to sell even them too. Issue is also that people don´t need to have alternative accounts they sell their main accounts as they are tired of all ... which cg is giving us for over a year...

Definitely because I know a guy who can post your ally code on a buy swgoh accounts site and say your account is for sale then you get a lifetime ban.

Great idea.
  • Options

You are only screwed until you catch up to the rest of your shard, which is always possible.

Do we know for sure that it’s always possible, or is that a guess? The game has changed a lot. Can you get far enough ahead now that you can’t be caught?

My main account is Dec 15 tip of the spear F2P. (I even have a 7* G$) I finally caught up to the whale arena leaders after 1 year of playing, and have managed to mostly keep pace ever since.

I also have a 2 year old alt account that has never caught up, and I don’t see any way that it ever will. That’s despite knowing WAY more about arena than I did initially.

In the old days you could only get so far ahead because you would cap out, and just kind of spin your wheels until new progression paths were added. That wheel spinning time was also F2P or low/moderate spender catch-up time. Now there are so many progression paths to race down I don’t think you can catch up as easily if at all. Giving spenders a 600k GP head start (according to the dev post) and immediate access to tons of farming opportunities and rare characters is not going to make that easier. There is something called the Matthew Principle. It plays out frequently that a slight advantage early on will snowball into an insurmountable one later. Is it possible this pretty solid boost will do exactly that?

It’s not a bad thing that spending be rewarded... obviously. And new players DEFINITELY need a boost to not be overwhelmed by years of overlapping progression systems. But it should at least be a concern that the game could become hard paywalled from the start instead of “free” at first then entice spending once players are hooked in.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    According to crumb a 6 star character can be g12. We as players know this is impossible but devs seem to have forgotten how the game works.

Definitely feels like the devs dont know how the game even works. I doubt they even play it, if they did they would realize what they are claiming is impossible

From @CG_SBCrumb in dev announcements

Player has already collected a specific character and its attributes are as follows:
    Star Rarity (cumulative shards): Activated at 6* Stars (250)
    Character Level: 35
    Gear Tier: 12
    Ability Tier 2
    The character is already activated and at 6* Stars
    The 6* Star status is retained and the player does not get additional value for this character.
    The character is upgraded from Character Level 35 to Level 80.
    The character is already at gear tier 12
    The gear tier 12 status is retained and the player does not get additional value for this character

Ps... to his credit maybe they are offering Malaak shards in the hyperdrive bundle then crumb could be correct (but ONLY if Malaak is offered in the bundle, which I doubt is true)
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    That's just lazy writing / proofreading, which we see constantly. It doesn't mean they don't know how the game works or they don't play it.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    That's just lazy writing / proofreading, which we see constantly. It doesn't mean they don't know how the game works or they don't play it.

So at no point when he is writing about how a 6 star character can be g12 did the lightbulb go off in his head saying *wait a minute this is incorrect?* that definitely shows a lack of understanding of how the game works. Its ALSO lazy proofreading that it wasn't caught, but saying 6 star then g12, not once, or twice, but three times is definitely 100% proof he has no clue how the game works...especially so close to the whole malaak debacle anyone who actually plays the game knows this.

If he said you can put relics on 5 star toons would you also say that's just a proofreading error?

Maybe you do still... but then why are there so many proofreading errors from a multimillion dollar company with a full time community manager? That's an even bigger issue if true because it shows incompetence.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

So at no point when he is writing about how a 6 star character can be g12 did the lightbulb go off in his head saying *wait a minute this is incorrect?* that definitely shows a lack of understanding of how the game works. Its ALSO lazy proofreading that it wasn't caught, but saying 6 star then g12, not once, or twice, but three times is definitely 100% proof he has no clue how the game works.

It's like you've never read a dev post.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bobcat is being obtuse on purpose
  • Options
    Why is everyone getting so up in arms about their made up examples of how picking the better version of the character when merging works? Who cares if they wrote that your 6* R7 character would stay R7 rather than drop to G8? The point was that if the character had more than the Hyper-drive version it would stick with yours.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Why is everyone getting so up in arms about their made up examples of how picking the better version of the character when merging works? Who cares if they wrote that your 6* R7 character would stay R7 rather than drop to G8? The point was that if the character had more than the Hyper-drive version it would stick with yours.

I am filing a class action lawsuit on this bait and switch, which is a slap in the face and begs the question if hordeing is literally unfariable.
  • Options
    For $1000 get increase of 1M GP
  • Options

So at no point when he is writing about how a 6 star character can be g12 did the lightbulb go off in his head saying *wait a minute this is incorrect?* that definitely shows a lack of understanding of how the game works. Its ALSO lazy proofreading that it wasn't caught, but saying 6 star then g12, not once, or twice, but three times is definitely 100% proof he has no clue how the game works.

Are they all incorrect and lacking proofreading?

I mean your kind of right I dont read all dev posts maybe they are all like this...

Imo... it was just surprising to me how out of touch with how the game works the devs appear to be but maybe this is their standard operating procedure.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Are they all incorrect and lacking proofreading?

They are often filled with mistakes for whatever reason. I don't think it's because Crumb doesn't know that you can't G12 a 6* toon.
  • Options
    Do you get all characters needed at 5 stars for the various old events? How does it handle things like 5 Jedi or 5 Empire?

I was hoping this pack could be cool for current players, but it seems its only for alt accounts or new players. Nothing for current players in the road ahead if you don't want to alt. GG
  • Options
    Tbh i feel like the biggest problem is the randomness in it. If there's even a slight chance of getting things like cup, bistan, ugnaught etc. It's immediately bad and not worth buying. The pack should only pick from a certain pool made of toons that are required for hero journeys etc. Everything else would just be giving you. Really "bad" 600k gp. So if you get thrown into GAC you are basically screwed royally if you had bad luck with the pack.
    Or did i miss something in the text about that?
  • Options
    It's not even that great considering it takes characters just to 5 stars, which are essentially worthless. Sure it helps, but the "goal" was to get players guild ready and a player with a boatload of 5* toons at G8 is... not guild ready
  • Options
    It's interesting to note that this bundle unlocks all nodes, hard included, at 3*.

Makes me think we *might* eventually see new nodes...
  • Options
    Whats the point of skipping the best part of the game is beyong me,i woudnt use this bundle as a new player even if you gave it for free to me.

I am not the best player,i make many mistakes still,but i'll welcome the new ppl in gac to get easier wins tho.
  • Options
    I caught up as FTP but it took 15 months and I’ve kept pace ever since.
    I usually have to run anti-meta e.g. I run Padme in Arena (but can take 1st several times/week).
    Would it take longer to catch people if they bought this bundle, maybe.
    However, if it’s very expensive I doubt 100 people in a new shard will a] buy it b) keep playing....