Higher GP wins ties?

In Grand Arena Championships, CG feels that the player with the highest GP is the better fighter...not the underdog demonstrating superior strategy.

I would ask CG to clarify their logic for this, but they've already been embarrassed enough recently. But umm, good job guys. Way to really put some thought into things 😁

Replies

• Options
    Or, the highest GP winning is a way to stop people being discouraged from growing their rosters... Whichever you prefer.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    it's not that they are better, it's that it encourages building your roster. stripping mods is a paltry sum and higher gp = higher brackets = better prizes. You don't have to like it, and the argument for lower gp winning makes perfect sense, but that's their rationale. which also makes sense imo. it is what it is.
    I still can't believe ties come up enough for this to be an issue, but w/e
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Took you a year to notice that?!
  • Options
    TearFarmer wrote: »
    I don't think so. Their divisioning encourages you to strip your mods and stop leveling non-essential characters, as moving up a division pits you against an entire field of people with half a million higher GP.

No, I think this is just another example of half-**** work. The Malak event fiasco showed us how much effort they like putting forth.

Not really, division is based on max GP, so stripping mods right before a GAC wouldn't actually help, and you get better progression rewards in higher divisions, so why limit yourself? Also it's still not based on total GP, so that doesn't really matter either. You really think it's **** that they put an inequality sign one way round not the other? Because it almost certainly will be a matter of one keystroke to switch, though admittedly I don't know how they code the game.
  • Options
    I'm always under GP and I never lose.

#getgud
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    I'm always under GP and I never lose.

#getgud

*Git Gud*
  • Options
    TearFarmer wrote: »
    I don't think so. Their divisioning encourages you to strip your mods and stop leveling non-essential characters, as moving up a division pits you against an entire field of people with half a million higher GP.

No, I think this is just another example of half-**** work. The Malak event fiasco showed us how much effort they like putting forth.

It doesn't work like that though, it goes by the highest GP you've ever achieved... so even if you were to strip all your mods off of every character and lower it considerably, it would still be based on the highest GP score you ever had.