Another Major LSGeo bug (Day 2)

Replies

• *We all have this bug and every guild that i know who didn't finish the P1 middle sector. I think it's time to cancel this nonsense.
  • This happened to my guild we went 2 stars up top 0 middle 1 bottom and now cant do the bottom territory on phase 2-- does this mean we can't do phase 3 bottom where we can get KAM shards?!!?
  • Same issue with all of our GeoTB guilds.
  • Would people please stop posting „same here!“?
    We know everyone has that issue and maybe we are not getting an unreadable long thread again.

Thanks.
  • .... and they are working on a Ki-Adi-Mundi bug..!? A character that nobody will have for 2 years!? 😂😂😂
  • Update from CG_SBCrumb

mtpta4jtw9bh.png
  • thomssi wrote: »
    It is obviously not WAI. It also makes no differences to strategies from the looks of things. Middle unlocks bottom and bottom unlocks middle. Makes perfect sense after a few cold ones. Still, you have the same phase carried over as before and same number of phases to attack so no real change in plans. They just seem to have mapped unlock the wrong way round. Yes it is pathetic but it doesn't actually change much.

That is unless anyone actually finished P1 middle and bottom P2 is still locked but nobody who has posted so far seems to be in that position.

As for compensation. What for? All the effort you were going to put into failing to star something anyway? The speed at which people whine and demand compensating is really pretty tedious.

They have **** arrows pointing at what phase opens the next territory. And, yes, it does matter what phase opens the next one, because Mundi shards are along the bottom path.
  • Yep. Us too! We starred the bottom in p1 and it won't let us attack the bottom in p2. It's locked. What!?

capq2o1il5dr.jpg

TERRIBLE. That's crazy.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    thomssi wrote: »
    It is obviously not WAI. It also makes no differences to strategies from the looks of things. Middle unlocks bottom and bottom unlocks middle. Makes perfect sense after a few cold ones. Still, you have the same phase carried over as before and same number of phases to attack so no real change in plans. They just seem to have mapped unlock the wrong way round. Yes it is pathetic but it doesn't actually change much.

That is unless anyone actually finished P1 middle and bottom P2 is still locked but nobody who has posted so far seems to be in that position.

As for compensation. What for? All the effort you were going to put into failing to star something anyway? The speed at which people whine and demand compensating is really pretty tedious.

They have **** arrows pointing at what phase opens the next territory. And, yes, it does matter what phase opens the next one, because Mundi shards are along the bottom path.

Yes and the arrows were wrong and you weren't getting those shards..... Still, finish P1 middle and it opens.
  • Based on P1 opening KAM node is probably pointless as it is likely tuned for relic 14 level shak ti clones
  • Based on P1 opening KAM node is probably pointless as it is likely tuned for relic 14 level shak ti clones

and I don't know anyone who has the crew ready, let alone that they'd even survive 4 phases.

You are very much mistaken for 2 reasons.
    (1)KAM shards are along the bottom. Being unable to unlock the bottom path means people can't even attempt that SM to see how the mission works and how they could work to get it done. -Not that anyone has a chance anytime in the near future to run it, but at least they could try it and work towards it.

(2)Star count - which is the only thing that matters aside for KAM shards from the TB. Why does it matter? Because P3-bottom is the ONLY zone that has a less than a 140mil point gap between the 1st star and the 3rd star. The actual difference is only 111 mil points! What difference does that make? Because any guild that can get 112 mil points in 1 phase time frame has the chance to unlock it in the P3 time frame, pre-load to just short of the 1st star (109mil pts) during the P3 time frame, and then complete all 3 stars by end of the P4 time frame with 112 mil points more. So, this very much robs all guilds in the 112mil-147mil non-ship GP range of 1 star.

Combine the 2 above, that's why we would deserve compensation for a screw up this big.

• Combine the 2 above, that's why we would deserve compensation for a screw up this big.

Regardless of any compensation for issues, the event needs to be cancelled because it is now unfair if some cannot get into a zone they unlocked. It is not acceptable for them to miss out on possible rewards or an aspect of an event because of a developmental issue.
  • The bigger issue I see is that it is obvious that 0 testing has been done, there is no way a major screwup bug like this one go unnoticed. Can you please hire a tester with the 13 million monthly revenue please?!
  • j0opni3vedzs.jpeg
    WAI...
  • Matti359 wrote: »
    The bigger issue I see is that it is obvious that 0 testing has been done, there is no way a major screwup bug like this one go unnoticed. Can you please hire a tester with the 13 million monthly revenue please?!

bugs happen, tested or not. Issues happen, that's part of the environment of producing a product.
  • dcbfan wrote: »
    My question is why does the first phase take more to get 1 star then the second phase? We also only 1 starred the top but opened the top and middle in phase 2. CG needs to fire their testers, how could these simple things have not been picked up.

It could've been a compiling error and have absolutely nothing to do with testers.
  • Either way, it’s incompetence...
  • Matti359
    123 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Matti359 wrote: »
    The bigger issue I see is that it is obvious that 0 testing has been done, there is no way a major screwup bug like this one go unnoticed. Can you please hire a tester with the 13 million monthly revenue please?!

bugs happen, tested or not. Issues happen, that's part of the environment of producing a product.

True, this is why there is this part called "Testing" if you dont want to become a laughing stock in the industry. and my post is that they must hire a tester to complete the testing, as you cant just rely on checks done by devs.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    dcbfan wrote: »
    My question is why does the first phase take more to get 1 star then the second phase? We also only 1 starred the top but opened the top and middle in phase 2. CG needs to fire their testers, how could these simple things have not been picked up.

It could've been a compiling error and have absolutely nothing to do with testers.

Please admit, are you the guy who was supposed to test this before release?

(1)KAM shards are along the bottom. Being unable to unlock the bottom path means people can't even attempt that SM to see how the mission works and how they could work to get it done. -Not that anyone has a chance anytime in the near future to run it, but at least they could try it and work towards it.

(2)Star count - which is the only thing that matters aside for KAM shards from the TB. Why does it matter? Because P3-bottom is the ONLY zone that has a less than a 140mil point gap between the 1st star and the 3rd star. The actual difference is only 111 mil points! What difference does that make? Because any guild that can get 112 mil points in 1 phase time frame has the chance to unlock it in the P3 time frame, pre-load to just short of the 1st star (109mil pts) during the P3 time frame, and then complete all 3 stars by end of the P4 time frame with 112 mil points more. So, this very much robs all guilds in the 112mil-147mil non-ship GP range of 1 star.

Combine the 2 above, that's why we would deserve compensation for a screw up this big.

And it will still unlock when you * P1 middle. I am not claiming this is good, far from it but can still get there.
  • I think all the testers are either drunk or high. May be with all of the rest CG’s staff.
  • I've heard that you can unlock the closed zone for a limited price of only $19.99!
  • Hey, CG!
    WTH? I usually go with the flow when things screw up, but this time is the last straw. It would be great if you get all your ducks in a row and (1) release content on time, (2) release content that actually works, and (3) compensate us for your errors.

I am beyond **** off. There's so much I want to say but I know I'll bet banned for life if I do. You get rid of Game Changers. You don't utilize any other player testing. I guess it's the "let's throw everything out there and see what sticks. Anything that goes wrong we'll pretend it's either WAI or a glitch". Test your game!

Relations between players and CG are precarious as it is. It's been error after error. Glitch after glitch. This is beyond ridiculous.

At this point, I would like to recommend you cancel LS GeoTB and honestly, compensate everyone who participated with rewards from this buggy and broken 'new' content. Pull it off the shelf and fix it before re-releasing it. Oh, and be sure to adjust the overboard OP LS GeoTB because it's not realistic, even if your intention is to make this end-game content. Too far is just that. Too far.
  • Same here, no need to mention we all want some compensation for it ;)
    thomssi wrote: »

And it will still unlock when you * P1 middle. I am not claiming this is good, far from it but can still get there.

Except that we will no longer have 2 phase time frames to 3 star P3 bottom. To clarify, the plan explained above would result in 6 stars from non-ship territories [2 from P1-bot, 1 from P2-bot, 3 from P3-bot]. Now because of the screw up, the max possible =>given our GP <= is only 5. We got the 2 from P1 bottom from the 1st time frame. 2nd time frame will be 1 star in P1 middle with 1 star. 3rd time frame will unlock P2 bottom where we can only get the 1 star. That just leaves the 4th time frame for P3 bottom, where we can only get 1 star in that time. This is a total of 5 stars for the non-ship zones [2 from P1-bot, 1 from P1-mid, 1 from P2-bot, 1 from P3-bot].

As I said, this 3rd star in P3-bot is only possible because that only requires 221mil points for all 3 stars - which is because that is the one zone with only 1 CM. Outside of P1, the smallest difference from 1 star to 3 stars is P2-mid with 164mil point difference.

To be clear: Any guild that can't get 165+ mil points in 1 phase time frame but was following the P1-bot -> P2 ->bot -> P3-bot path just had their max star reduced by 1.

Also, to clarify, I am not looking for 'free stuff'. I want to be able to play the content as it was advertised to get the rewards as advertised. Our guild's plan was made based on their star point thresholds and knowing what our guild has to work with. This mistake by the CG has now cost our guild a higher reward!

Any compensation or "make good" would mean everyone gets the rewards they were supposed to get and deserve to receive based on the TB reward structure as advertised.

Not sure how even the fanboi's can spin this simple fact:
    ==>because of their screw up, we will get less rewards<==

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    deleted
This discussion has been closed.