Another Major LSGeo bug (Day 2)

13Next

Replies

• nabokovfan wrote: »
    dcbfan wrote: »
    My question is why does the first phase take more to get 1 star then the second phase? We also only 1 starred the top but opened the top and middle in phase 2. CG needs to fire their testers, how could these simple things have not been picked up.

It could've been a compiling error and have absolutely nothing to do with testers.

Sorry but this is not a valid argument.

The testing should occur both before AND after compilation.

Before compilation there should be basic utility testing using unit test frameworks (there are dozens of these in pretty much every language you can name).

Things like P1 bottom star unlocks P2 bottom is incredibly easy to write as an automated unit test. This can even use mocking Frameworks so that these tests occur while the developer is WRITING their code so code which fails a test (or causes a regression) can't even commit their changes (this is standard in either TDD or gated check-in using CI/CB models).

As someone who has been a software developer for almost 20 years this is standard practice on all large projects (and yes .. a "mobile app" with annual revenue in the $100m+ range definitely qualifies as a large project).

After compilation there should be deployment to emulators for further automated testing (this can either be automated UI testing, or testing component libraries and API endpoints after they have been compiled) and finally deployment to physical devices for "manual" testing.

Why this doesn't happen I have NO idea. There is ZERO reason bugs like this should happen unless they are deliberately cutting corners, trying to increase profit margins.. or are incompetent.

@CG_SBCrumb I would be perfectly happy to consult with your dev team on this if it helps to improve build quality? No charge.
    All trees are felled at ground level ..
  • cu2esyrddsrr.jpeg

CG preparing their Q&A about the hyper drive bundle while we wait for answers about this dumpster fire of a TB.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    j8t4ns817366.png
    8ct6fpqsyjjr.png
    Same here, no stars in middle territory, opened the next one without reason.
  • We 2*’d ships and the south and had no stars in the middle, yet our south area in p2 is locked.

• Not surprised by the dumpster fire anymore.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    dcbfan wrote: »
    My question is why does the first phase take more to get 1 star then the second phase? We also only 1 starred the top but opened the top and middle in phase 2. CG needs to fire their testers, how could these simple things have not been picked up.

It could've been a compiling error and have absolutely nothing to do with testers.

So, you're saying, that they mightnot have tested their end product (compiled version)?
  • If you have worked just a bit around software developing, it's pretty obvious they haven't tested this (and many other bugs that are happening lately). We aren't talking about some weird feature that happens with a specific team in a specific situation (i.e. geos). We are talking about a 100% probability scenario, the happy path that it's the first thing you test before deploying on a final environment.
  • Look, I din't know why people are on and on about Boeing testing their planes! They tested several of the pieces of he plane, and they even ran tests in the hangar before it was sold. You can't blame Boeing for the plane falling out of the sky if they tested it in a hangar, can you?
  • CG, pull this train wreck and put your A-team on debugging and testing this mess before you roll it out again. Adjust the difficulty to the currently available relic levels and mod tiers. You can still increase the difficulty later on. There is no reason or excuse for unplayable content adjusted for a character level that is not yet available.
    Schedule DS Geo until this is properly fixed and finally ready to deploy.
This discussion has been closed.