So is the level cap increase this week or next?

Prev1
Seems pretty obvious we’re getting a level cap increase. They just did g13, then relics, and even the strongest squads with full relic 7 are getting blown away. CG has all but confirmed LSTB is working as intended. New characters won’t help. Doubtful they would raise the relic levels already. They are giving new players a way to level to 80 faster. All signs point to a level cap increase in the very near future. Nothing else makes sense.

Replies

• Just want to draw attention to this post as well. To complete LSTB with perfect missions and platoons your guild needs to average almost 12m gp per person. That’s nowhere near possible with how the game is today. Thus, they have to inflate gp. Not just a little. Not ok each character gets a new skill or a few more relic levels that gives them 10k more gp. It has to be something massive across the board. Thus, level cap increase.

1uj5sa3795yx.jpeg
  • The whole thing is mind-boggling, but especially the fact that you would need 50 members with a fleet GP higher than at least 99% of the current players' fleet and squad GP combined.
  • The neccessary power creep to finish geoLSTB will crush any elder pve-content.
    SIM everything else?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    The whole thing is mind-boggling, but especially the fact that you would need 50 members with a fleet GP higher than at least 99% of the current players' fleet and squad GP combined.

Not higher than 99%. Just flat out impossible in current state, and not by a small margin.
  • Not before we get new reliced capes,couse you know as well,all Super heroes need a cape as well,aside for joke,i am waiting for new relic items
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Just want to draw attention to this post as well. To complete LSTB with perfect missions and platoons your guild needs to average almost 12m gp per person. That’s nowhere near possible with how the game is today. Thus, they have to inflate gp. Not just a little. Not ok each character gets a new skill or a few more relic levels that gives them 10k more gp. It has to be something massive across the board. Thus, level cap increase.

1uj5sa3795yx.jpeg

The problem is if they do that it just trivializes the geo dstb... 4m gp each for a full clear and the loght side is 12m gp if they just inflate gp to double what ot is today so 12m is barely in the upper limit of the range then everyone gets a full clear in geo dstb just deploy and 3 star it... same with the hoth tb guilds would be getting max stars without even doing any combat just based on the gp levels...

I doubt this happens but they have done dumber stuff in the past... to me tb is meant to be played and a challenge we dont need more sim events like GW
  • I think they're done with level cap increases. Probably some other power creep like 6*mods upgrades
  • Character level is historically used to unlock gear tiers, and gear tiers typically unlock abilities. I suppose it's possible character level could be tied directly to ability unlock ... Say maybe Relic abilities? Otherwise there is no point to level cap increase if it doesn't unlock anything.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think they're done with level cap increases. Probably some other power creep like 6*mods upgrades

That's my guess too. Mods are the only progression system that doesn't feel "closed" at the moment - there will be no more gear tiers, relics are nicely tied up at r7, but we only get 6E mods. 6D - A and possibly 7 seems like the logical next step.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    I think they're done with level cap increases. Probably some other power creep like 6*mods upgrades

That's my guess too. Mods are the only progression system that doesn't feel "closed" at the moment - there will be no more gear tiers, relics are nicely tied up at r7, but we only get 6E mods. 6D - A and possibly 7 seems like the logical next step.

Unless secondary stats for mods go bonkers for mod increases, I’m not sure the added stats will change the survivability we see in LS TB (esp given what we can assume about P4 if it mirrors previously TBs). I’m seriously leaning towards a gear re-unlock, or, a second relic slot (armor lol)!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Unless secondary stats for mods go bonkers for mod increases, I’m not sure the added stats will change the survivability we see in LS TB (esp given what we can assume about P4 if it mirrors previously TBs). I’m seriously leaning towards a gear re-unlock, or, a second relic slot (armor lol)!

Take the 5 to 6 increase and extrapolate from there, I think both the primaries and secondaries can very well go totally bonkers.
  • But it’s not 6-7. It’s 6E to %
    6D, which should only be a secondary stat increase (assuming parallel structure between tiers). I do see what you’re saying, but I think it’s more likely we’d see something silly like level 90 and armor relics.

Because then the whales don’t even start ahead, they have to spend to keep their edge/lead .-.
  • Probably need a new kind of training droid to go beyond 85.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • I don’t see how a new tier of mods would push gp high enough. Remember you need 12m per person even with PERFECT wave completions from ALL 50 people. How in the world are they going to bump gp that high without trivializing every other aspect of the game? Maybe a new tier of mods helps us complete waves (though I doubt it because the stat increases would need to be enormous in order to survive these waves), but it still doesn’t fix the GP issue. On SWGOHGG there are 607 people with 6m+ gp and even they would need their gp nearly doubled to reach the gp needed (with perfect wave completions and platooning key characters) to beat LSTB.
  • I think they're done with level cap increases. Probably some other power creep like 6*mods upgrades

Cool. So in less than 8 months, we will be "blessed" with g12 finishers, relics and a 3rd progression system. Oh, and another member of our guild quit this morning. Thanks you CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The first 7 levels of relics jump a characters gp by quite a bit. I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see relic levels up to 20 being unlocked soon with the new relic abilities they mentioned

Also probably 7 dot mods to go along with it.
  • Old school players need it i mean char 7* lv85 with g13r7 at times still gets killws
  • We already know they are working on more powerful mods. There were purple 6* mods in a video they put out. It is happening. Probably soon.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    I don’t see how a new tier of mods would push gp high enough. Remember you need 12m per person even with PERFECT wave completions from ALL 50 people. How in the world are they going to bump gp that high without trivializing every other aspect of the game? Maybe a new tier of mods helps us complete waves (though I doubt it because the stat increases would need to be enormous in order to survive these waves), but it still doesn’t fix the GP issue. On SWGOHGG there are 607 people with 6m+ gp and even they would need their gp nearly doubled to reach the gp needed (with perfect wave completions and platooning key characters) to beat LSTB.

There is another way.
    What if “all 50 people” turned into “all 100 people” and guild sizes increased?
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I don’t see how a new tier of mods would push gp high enough. Remember you need 12m per person even with PERFECT wave completions from ALL 50 people. How in the world are they going to bump gp that high without trivializing every other aspect of the game? Maybe a new tier of mods helps us complete waves (though I doubt it because the stat increases would need to be enormous in order to survive these waves), but it still doesn’t fix the GP issue. On SWGOHGG there are 607 people with 6m+ gp and even they would need their gp nearly doubled to reach the gp needed (with perfect wave completions and platooning key characters) to beat LSTB.

There is another way.

If that happens I’m stepping down as officer. No way I want to try to manage 100 people.

There is another way.

I would have loved this a year ago...we can't recruit anyone lately. Under 50 since 4 month or so. Fate of the mid tier.

There is another way.

Interesting take, but hopefully CG's "end game" isn't us winning 1 or 2 waves in each phase and deploying our way to victory.
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »

There is another way.

I would have loved this a year ago...we can't recruit anyone lately. Under 50 since 4 month or so. Fate of the mid tier.

It's not just mid-tier. Just saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Any relic increase is a bad idea. Just getting to R5 - R7 is a big enough problem because you are most likely forced to use gear that is needed elsewhere. I haven't taken anything beyond R4 just because the R5 requirements cost gear that all my other toons need to progress.
  • Unless the level increase is huge it wouldn’t matter.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    There is another way.

This could happen. Or even two guilds teaming up just for this event. I do not see another way in which you would not instantly make all prior content obsolete.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    V01D wrote: »
    There is another way.

This could happen. Or even two guilds teaming up just for this event. I do not see another way in which you would not instantly make all prior content obsolete.

That's the problem. They keep re-painting themselves into a power creep corner. And the harder and faster they increase the difficulty, the faster they make older content obsolete. But for the past 2+ years, CG has been proverbially peeing in their pants to keep their collective butts warm.

But every new senior producer comes along and thinks "This time, it'll be different!" ....and then they make the same mistake as their predecessors.