Advanced Guild Search

The issue with Advanced Search for guilds is the biggest and most urgent problem facing SWGOH. Not the Territory Battle, which affects a tiny amount (but the most valuable in $$$, which we all know...) of the user base. As my guild's founder, the day-to-day management of our guild is out of our hands now because we are unable to boot anyone. Not because the functionality doesn't work, but because we cannot replace anyone. We have to just ignore the guild rules we created long ago, and let everything slide, ultimately irritating the contributing members of our guild almost as much as it irritates the officers and myself. Wasn't it stated that joining a guild the the true beginning of the game for most players? Territory Battles/Wars, and all the lovely other benefits? Seems like a priority to me -- even if this issue only affects a small percentage of guilds, that is hundreds of affected players.

We have 43/50 members and haven't had anyone join for at least 5 months, which is also shown in your Trello board in which this bug has been residing in the 'In Progress' column for quite some time. That doesn't seem right.

Here's to hoping the new user influx from episode 9 -- and the spreading of this bug to new guilds -- lights a fire.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Where’s the data that shows that TB affects tiny amount of players?
  • Ultra wrote: »

This, also we are having no problems recruiting in my alliance, we get 2-4 recruits in our onboarding server each day. You just need to be active in posting on the forums, reddit, and popular discord servers and you will get members. Or join an alliance and pool efforts.
  • There is no real tools ingame for finding an alliance or advertising your alliance. So relying on random joins from ingame is a terrible idea. Do you have any idea how many alliances are out there with open joining?

Do you understand that the most active and motivated players wont be joining from the random ingame join, but will find guilds from advertisements on discord recruitment servers, forums, reddit, or facebook? The vast majority of those random joins from ingame will be casual players hoping for free rewards from a clan. They will leave once they realize they arent getting free rewards or are expected to participate.

Also, if you are struggling but have a core base of active and committed players, consider merging your active group into a larger alliance or another guild. Don't punish yourself and your actives by demanding to be in charge, realize that a merger is often what is best for EVERYONE.

I was an officer and merged my guild into a larger alliance and our leader and officers lost position for a little while but they were the most active and motivated and became officers and leaders again, our entire guild grew and we went from not clearing HSTR to beating it in 20 minutes.

Do more and get more. Or keep relying on CG to do something until everyone quits the game or leaves for greener pastures.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    There is no real tools ingame for finding an alliance or advertising your alliance. So relying on random joins from ingame is a terrible idea. Do you have any idea how many alliances are out there with open joining?

Do you understand that the most active and motivated players wont be joining from the random ingame join, but will find guilds from advertisements on discord recruitment servers, forums, reddit, or facebook? The vast majority of those random joins from ingame will be casual players hoping for free rewards from a clan. They will leave once they realize they arent getting free rewards or are expected to participate.

Also, if you are struggling but have a core base of active and committed players, consider merging your active group into a larger alliance or another guild. Don't punish yourself and your actives by demanding to be in charge, realize that a merger is often what is best for EVERYONE.

I was an officer and merged my guild into a larger alliance and our leader and officers lost position for a little while but they were the most active and motivated and became officers and leaders again, our entire guild grew and we went from not clearing HSTR to beating it in 20 minutes.

Do more and get more. Or keep relying on CG to do something until everyone quits the game or leaves for greener pastures.

This is not how this is supposed to work. Guilds are a core feature of the game, and it isn't working for many people.
    WarGuy101 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Tiny because the VAST majority of guilds will not even attempt this TB again for many months. Myself and the officers of my guild are IRL friends and will never be joining an alliance and risk what we've done.
  • We are having this same issue. This has been going on for half a year and there is no fix, nor any update as to when there will be a fix.
  • @Laniakea Might I ask what risk there is in joining an alliance? It is literally no more than joining a community Discord server (or less Likely, a Line chat) once you have found a worthy alliance. It isn’t like they gain any in-game power over you. If it doesn’t work, pack up and leave.
    But they can be a wondrous thing, as you can potentially gain access to the alliance recruitment server, they may have a low level training guild in-house that you can pick up recruits from, there are liable to be any number of Bots and information channels to provide all sorts of wonderful tools to make your jobs as officers easier.
    There is literally no downside to it that I am aware of.

The external recruiting scene has always been much more vibrant than any of the in-game tools, and you (wether in alliance or not) should be leveraging as many of those as possible to your advantage if you are dedicated to maintaining a full guild (because recruitment at anything beyond the earliest of levels is an ever present challenge).