Developer Q&A - 12/04

Replies

• "I'd like to speak to your manager"
    -Bastilla, probably

How many Clone Wars Chewbacca shards can we expect for the cancellation of TB?
  • I think i see direction you are trying to take,
    However I try to start alts at each new content period. With clone wars new players have never been closer to being able to catch up and reach meta level.

But tb requirements (gp) seem to counter this and dash those hopes. The lightside tb is probably a good idea since nobody can do it new players and old have same ooportunity . But guilds will still try to merge highest gp and just mass deploy untill we have good rosters.

My question is this. Are there any plans or incentives for guild that choose to help new players level up? This is important for new players to reach level to get hooked and pick up pace of spending since there are more than a few long term spenders leaving.
  • 1. When DS Geo TB was introduced we were given a very clear expectation of what the entry requirements were and how many stars we could expect to get. Why was that not done for LS Geo TB? Many of the flames could have been surpressed on Reddit and here on the forums if that one step had been completed.
  • Why do you get everything wrong???
  • With the KAM mission requiring maxed out squads in phase 2, this is showing that there will be a level increase, or another layer of relics added to the game very soon. If that’s the case how can you justify another huge power increase so soon after g13 and relics were introduced?? How can you except people’s investments of hundreds if not thousands of dollars to go to waste so soon and expect them to invest money again?
  • Have you thought of adding a “retreat” option to the GEO TB similar to the raids? The difficulty is scaled to almost raid levels. If you want to test a certain comp or configuration and fail in 20 seconds it means you have to wait for nearly a month for a second attempt. That’s pretty brutal considering there is clearly a learning curve involved. Based on your GP thresholds people being more successful on the missions has little bearing on progress. It seems GP is the major roadblock. Actually playing the game is one of the main motivation for players. It could go a long way to providing content for your player base without additional resources on your part.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Also

What is Garrett’s excuse this time? He keeps dodging us :disappointed:
  • RebelScummers
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Why do call us Holotable hero’s. Please use the correct terminology, Cash Cow Mugs
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Character Content:

1. Starting with the Dark Sith Hoth TB both the required character for special missions like Starck and the special mission character like Wat have all had value to the players. However, Captain Solo and Rebel Officer Leia never seemed to take off. Were there teams that you hoped they would fit into that did not plan out or did your game direction change after Hoth LS TB?

2. Every now and again, people asked about giving Visas another tag to increase her viability. Have you guys considered adjusting her zeta/unique so that she just has a plain 60% counter chance against Sith? This would increase both her raid and PVP viability without putting her into one faction or another.

3. When the team created the Enfys Nest kit did you guys foresee that should become the dominating force that she is today? Do you feel that she needs to be adjusted or are you satisfied with her role as a one woman team killer?

Ships and Fleet Content:

1. Will be ever see Fleet Assault Battles, Fleet Omega Battles, or Mythic Verions of the Chimera and Han's Falcon Events?

2. With the release of a super-sized ship like the Malevolence, could we potentially see other super-sized ships such as the Executor Super Star Destroyer under Admiral Piett?

Event Content:
    1. Will we ever see the return of Flash Events?

2. Will we ever see the return of the Super Marquee Event? I'm not saying Hondo Onake would be perfect for that style of event, but he might be.

3. Are there any plans for another Wicket/Mother Talzin type Event?
    Post edited by HK22 on
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Given the time investment for TB, it's really difficult for officers to get final stats of their guilds performance without a review period. Can you discuss why this event Doesn't have a review period initially and if, when one can be added? (I understand there's a lot to get done, but it's a glaring omission in many officer's eyes)

Can you discuss a character you, individually, would love to see get a rework in some fashion? I wanted to ask about Darth Maul specifically, many characters had a protection buff, but their health and other stats are so low they are still unusable. Was the intent for relics to compensate for this difference?
  • On a lighter note, for our artist dev:

Will there be a rework to JKA face? It’s taken a step back since GAS was released.
    Also for the audio man in the background, can we get more iconic sounds added to the game like Jango’s blasters and the droideka blasters and shield?

Something like GMY roar when he was fighting dooku?
    General Kenobi’s “Hello There” when we open his character description
  • For the number of people supposedly involved working directly or indirectly on this game, can you please explain why you screw things up so much? Seriously, why all the constant mistakes be it content, public relations, etc.?

I'm sure there is a better way to word this....

Can you please break down the steps for content to be released? Why have we seen a lot of issues lately with regards to new content or new events that are being repeated for the first, second time with game breaking issues?
  • When can we see challenges updates for characters, current levels are really low and mace one does not even provide anything except relic mats.
  • Technical Issues

What is your SOP for testing out "new content" for SWGOH? How many staff and test players are utilized for working out bugs before a general release?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’ve been debating whether I should ask questions regarding LS TB but I’m sure others will

Just going to drop my 2 cents on the justification given

I know that part of the reason for difficult content is players churn up content faster than y'all can make, but the solution to make content that can't be cleared until whenever you decide in the far off future isn’t a good one.

Players waited half a year for this territory battle, there were months of hardly any updates. A lot of delays and anticipation only to be told we can’t compete or play. I would recommend going back to the drawing board and developing new solutions instead of deflecting the blame on players

DS TB did it right, now requiring 2~3 timed the GP to complete isn’t a viable end game goal

I cannot get excited for the next raid knowing that it’s not meant to be tried or challenged for another year or two and hope the raid is tuned to be completed by a guild with maxed out character progression at the time of raid’s launch

This NEEDS to be answered. This is my question as well. *tips hat to Ultra.
  • How many stars, and at what GP, were you able to get testing LSTB internally?
  • 1 - You said that you would ease the gear grind but getting a toon to gear 12 is still very hard.
    Are you easing the ability to get Stun Guns, Stun Cuffs, etc...
    2 - Are the GAC rewards still in line to what is expected?
  • This new LSTB is demoralizing. I have no issue with it being more difficult than what has come before. Each of the previous TBs started off difficult, but we could make progress and see how to progress further. It comes down to a few issues:
    - The first waves of the first phases should be relatively easier.
    - When R7 toons aren't doing much, there isn't anywhere further to progress.
    - The math regarding what GP would be able to max star the content didn't appear to be a few years off (full guild of 12M GP for this one)
    - Snips and GK in platoons for a phase with a Padme SM is an example of platoon madness. They've gotten worse each TB because they now specifically ask toons that should be used for the SM. Guilds are going to have to skip a few SMs to fill platoons.

This needs to be tuned better. If the answer is another grind, the existing grinds need to be lessened. You can't count the Guild Event store as easing anything anymore, because we learned the hard way that legacy currency needs to be hoarded.
  • Hey Guys,

Any questions I wanted to ask were around communication, and the reasons why you would not set us up to understand the difficulty level of the TB and the path forward, so its not a blindside. I hope those questions will be answered.

I will also add I know you all grinding out the code care a ton about the game, and I am sure the struggles are just as frustrating for you, and you are probably putting in a ton of hours, and your heart in soul into it, so you feel the misses as well. so sending love.

NHL
  • I just want to know what in God's name you were thinking when you designed Geo LSTB? Did anybody whether developer or beta tester play it and think "wow, my full relic 7 team getting slaughtered in phase 1 sure is a blast!"?
  • Can you make TB not auto-populate the toons as a simple way to accommodate the occasional lag and prevent ruining multiple squads at once
  • Can you please add Ability Materials to the Scavenger forge? The elder players have thousands of MK I-II-III materials with nothing we can do.
  • How am I supposed to triple my ship gp from 2.2m to 6m+ for these ship deployments?

How is r7 6e mods nest dying in wave 1 of phase 1 correct difficulty? Full r7 rebels going 1/4. R5 sthan dies on wave 1.

You couldn't even get the territories to open properly. You have a platoon in phase 4 and effects phase 3.

Fix TB.
  • Why is it so incredibly hard for you guys to release content that isn't filled with bugs?

I've never encountered another game with this many issues and so little done to reconcile with the players.

Do you have any sort of quality control?
    Is anyone being held accountable?
  • Are there any plans to make a better single player experience for people who don’t want to join a guild? I’ve grown tired of joining more casual guilds (since that suits my play style more) for them only to disband, but a lot of the content I like that’s fun and helpful for my progression, such as raids and territory battles (and their respective store pages, and as a result characters that I may want from said stores) get locked when you aren’t in a guild. Could it be like a “road less traveled” type thing where you can alternatively still get those characters, ships, gear, and whatnot but at a slower rate than if you were in a guild?
  • LouStarkiller
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I’ve been debating whether I should ask questions regarding LS TB but I’m sure others will

I know that part of the reason for difficult content is players churn up content faster than y'all can make, but the solution to make content that can't be cleared until whenever you decide in the far off future isn’t a good one.

Players waited half a year for this territory battle, there were months of hardly any updates. A lot of delays and anticipation only to be told we can’t compete or play. I would recommend going back to the drawing board and developing new solutions instead of deflecting the blame on players

DS TB did it right, now requiring 2~3 timed the GP to complete isn’t a viable end game goal

I cannot get excited for the next raid knowing that it’s not meant to be tried or challenged for another year or two and hope the raid is tuned to be completed by a guild with maxed out character progression at the time of raid’s launch

This sums up my concerns very nicely, Thanks Ultra!
  • How do you guys sleep at night working for a company who asks you to lie to paying customers every day?
  • Can you guys explain the journey guide
    Question for Top Hat
    Do you care about the community
    If you do which you better
    Could you plse give us some free to play content I know that is hard becaise you guys have to make money but could guy guys like make the game 50 percent f2p and 50 percent p2p/p2w of 45% f2p and 55% p2p/ p2w
    Are we getting a new raid
    In a previous q&a you guys said we would be getting land vehicles is that still gonna happen
    Are you guys planing a new legendary or journey character
    When will we get relic abilities
    Any more marquees
    Can you guys plse make hard nodes less miserable to farm bc that is one of the reasons I dont have jkr or dr becaise of the hard nodes
    Thx
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

This NEEDS to be answered. This is my question as well. *tips hat to Ultra.

I second this. Or third. CG YOU NEED TO ANSWER THIS
  • Where is our Princess Leia portrait?
    Here is something to get you started
    r910qil2uazg.png
This discussion has been closed.