you need to reinstate Testers

K331
168 posts Member
edited December 2019
Get Testers like mobilegamer and others to test the events before they are put out ,CG you dont have the time or resources to make content, test and release you need help and theres people in community that will do it for free..
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Neither MG, nor anyone of the ex "Game Changers" is a tester. They are simply people who had been given "test" accounts, to showcase the newest op character, maxed out, so whales can get hooked to it and spend money to get it on day 1.
  • We are the beta-tester 😉
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    No what did they ever accomplish ? They got early access , created leaks , and we still had issues like this. On top of that , they would pre test content , wait for the roll out and then post a video of how to exploit the new content. I say remove the test accounts all together.
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    They are removed ,it dont exist anymore, so what about leaks at least we would know who to farm.Testers did help the game at 1 time,we need them back
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    K331 wrote: »
    They are removed ,it dont exist anymore, so what about leaks at least we would know who to farm.Testers did help the game at 1 time,we need them back

Wrong again
  • K331 wrote: »
    Get Testers like mobilegamer and others to test the events before they are put out ,CG you dont have the time or resources to make content, test and release you need help and theres people in community that will do it for free..

Why? So they can make more stupid jokes and just bash the company that gives them things. Ever heard the expression don’t bite the hand that feeds you?
  • K331 wrote: »

What about leaks? Ever heard of confidentiality? Shows lack of integrity when you leak info.
    They’re not going to release new content when everyone can be ready for it cause of leaks
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The beta testers and the game changers are 2 different groups. Some may overlap, but there is still a beta group, there is no more game changer program.
  • We need a public test server....the beta testing program isn't cutting it. From the Q&A, it sounds like we will get a public test server in the not too distant future.
  • Mobilegamer?

Lmao

The only worthy swgoh youtuber is Ahnald.

• They need to make everything like GAC.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Darthvanity
    300 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    The only worthy swgoh youtuber is Ahnald.

That’s “Lmao”
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    You will never get all issues in a mobile game especially in case of new content. There is way more than just dev and test. You also get normally too early release date from management. It is like

A woman gets a child in 9 month. 9 women gets a child in 1 month.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The beta testers and the game changers are 2 different groups. Some may overlap, but there is still a beta group, there is no more game changer program.

At least we know already that WE are the beta group

Then please kindly provide feedback that the beta group stinks ten ways to Tuesday.

I’ve talked to some of these people. I’ve been blown away with how poor some of their understanding of the game is. It feels like they are just random people plucked to test the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Then please kindly provide feedback that the beta group stinks ten ways to Tuesday.

I’ve talked to some of these people. I’ve been blown away with how poor some of their understanding of the game is. It feels like they are just random people plucked to test the game.

Then we must have spoken to some very different people. I know personally that some of the members of that team are the people that are asked regularly to provide answers about what is going on in game, by the community.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Austin9370 wrote: »

The actual internal CG testing staff or alpha and beta tester groups? Not sure exactly what SDLC looks like other then these two groups. Very curious though!

To be fair, some of this later testing is from diffrent perspectives that doesn't include hardcore experts in mechanics. Usabilty and player experience is more the target. Not that finding that stuff isn't good, but ideally should be caught in earlier testing.

There are at least 3 groups, 1 internal, then 2 externally staffed, 1 alpha and 1 beta.

I will say that there are cases where not everything runs through all 3 groups. But I have no insight as to why or how those decisions are made.
  • The number of game changers dropped too much. Half of them cover other games now.

Is there? I cant tell lol
  • Seems like they had a good sized internal test team (of mostly temp employees) prior to initial launch. Then like most products they cut them after release and only kept a very small perm employee test team for sustainment while they increase the number of alpha and beta testers (free volunteers). If you want good testing you got to pay for it. This product pulls in money hand over fist for the executives and shareholders, but they clearly do not value, invest in, and care about maintaining thorough quality assurance.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Austin9370 wrote: »

The actual internal CG testing staff or alpha and beta tester groups? Not sure exactly what SDLC looks like other then these two groups. Very curious though!

To be fair, some of this later testing is from diffrent perspectives that doesn't include hardcore experts in mechanics. Usabilty and player experience is more the target. Not that finding that stuff isn't good, but ideally should be caught in earlier testing.

Not internal CG testers. I’ve probably spoken to both of the others. Some work for EA, not CG, and test lots of EA products.

I’ll give 1 example of someone who I came across by accident as I was reaching out to see how they liked a certain high relic character that pretty much no one else had and I suspected might be underrated (swgoh.gg will show the top owners of each character in the game). I know this person doesn’t read the forums so I know they won’t read this.

When he found out I made YouTube videos he said I should showcase this character of his in the raid because that’s why he geared him up. He was able to do 1.5 million damage in P2 of the Sith raid and that’s the highest he’s ever seen.

So yes, this person who is paid to test the game thought a high relic team doing less than 2 million damage in the Sith raid was impressive.

Edit: I went back and looked and I was wrong about the relics. This was before relics and he had 1 of only 6 G13s registered in Swgoh.gg. Point remains the same though.
  • @CG - if you have testers, they terribly suck at their job, because any good tester would not pass this kind of bugs you're giving us for the last 3 months. And I know what I'm saying, I'm a tester for over 5 years...
    If you don't have testers, then you suck ten more times than in previous case, because every good application company hire that kind of persons to keep their apps as much bug-free as possible. In case of a game less bugs => more fun => more cash from pleased gamers. Otherwise - you already know after LSGeoTB and community reactions...
  • Galaxy of Heroes - Beta Program Application — Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Forums - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210663/galaxy-of-heroes-beta-program-application

Here is a link to submit an application to become a beta tester. It was a developer forum post from July. Dont know if they are still accepting applications or not but if you feel strongly about it, I dont think I have enough time to do it personally otherwise i might submit an application, then maybe you should apply.
  • why? whats wrong with the game going down on last day of GaC?

everything is fine