Engagement does not equal approval

So the line we got from the devs on relics after the near universal negative feedback in the forums and elsewhere regarding the obvious money grab and power creep coming so close to the release of G13 was that the high level of player engagement with relics meant they were well received. Similarly in today’s Q&A, @CG_TopHat tells us they will only adjust the new TB if there is a mass exodus from the game despite unanimous feedback that it is ridiculously overtuned to the point of being unplayable.

This sends two messages: 1. The devs do not care at all about feedback. I’m not sure what the purpose of the forum is if you completely ignore feedback. 2. The devs think engagement = approval.

This second one is maddening. People didn’t engage with relics because they loved a new gear wall. They did it because they felt obligated lest they fall behind in arena and GAC and TW and everything else. They engaged because they were forced to do so or give up on being competitive. The same is true for the new TB. No one likes seeing their relic squads get wiped in the first wave of P1. It’s not fun in the slightest. Those who do it will do so because they fear falling behind if they don’t get Ki Adi Mundi shards.

The way the player base has been treated in this game the last few months is outrageous even by the low standards we have come to expect from CG. Please, listen to our feedback. I’m begging you. Don’t force us to choose between putting up with an unplayable TB or just giving up on the game.

Replies

• We said it as much about the relics as well,ofc ppl made relics so they wont be left behind,the devs are just oblivious at whats going on
  • Thanks to the mods for moving this post away from general discussion where no one will see it so that it can be summarily ignored. Way to prove my point. SMH
  • We said it as much about the relics as well,ofc ppl made relics so they wont be left behind,the devs are just oblivious at whats going on

Not oblivious, they just don't care. They don't care if the game is fun. They care about making money above all else. I understand the need to put the bottom line first. It is a business after all; however, most good companies find a balance between profitability and making a product or providing a service that people want/need/enjoy. CG has skewed so far to the just make money and screw the fun aspect that it's laughable. In the short term they will continue to make greater profits, but in the long term they just lose customers in droves. The problem is they simply don't care. If they cared they would listen to feedback and make the game more enjoyable but slightly less profitable. It's corporate greed at it's worst.

They always talk about a 5-year plan but that 5-year plan is to just wring out as much money as possible before moving onto a new game. It's not make the game fun while still remaining profitable. I'm sure when they are sitting around in meetings they don't word it that way. I'm sure the corporate stance is we want to make the game fun. I'm also sure everyone there knows what they are actually doing. They just don't admit it.
  • We all know the business model for freemium games is predatory and not player-friendly, but this just goes so far over the line that it is almost astounding. The price points in this game are already ludicrous. They have essentially transitioned now into just exploiting paying customers’ addiction to the game and put aside all pretext of putting out a quality product.