This is Ultimately Ridiculous!

Seriously, GAC matchmaking need to be tuned correctly. How can I face 4 million GP+ in div 3? And that's 600k GP difference with me. No chance at all. Really. Not to mention the remaining 7 competitors also 400k GP difference. Always underdog every GAC week

Replies

• nurm
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Why do you still think the matchmaking is based on the whole GP?

It is based on your 80 best toons. Check your roaster, concentrate on a few teams and gear and mod them. The success will come back
  • My understanding based on the chaos one of my posts created previously is:

1 Divisions are set on GP at start of GAC run - this is imperfect because it is easy to significantly drop your GP and increase it again after start (which would benefit you in all but the first three matches) putting you in a lower division. Seems like a lot of effort but there is potential to game the system there. This also would only effect a small number of players on the edge of brackets and with the time and patience to mess about with 1/3 of their mods.

2 Overall GP is less important than GP of your top 40 characters.

3 Finally some people are more advance than others in fleet which generates large GP differences in actually quite similar match ups

I am someone who would like to see cleaner match making in GAC but it is less bad than I believed it to be. Obviously everyone’s player experience is different.
  • Your opponent could throw his bottom 400K at one of your elite teams and not even dent it. GP is no indication of relative strength. There are guys with 2 million GP accounts that could run over my 3.9 million GP because they are focused and meta and I'm a collector.
  • My understanding based on the chaos one of my posts created previously is:

1 Divisions are set on GP at start of GAC run - this is imperfect because it is easy to significantly drop your GP and increase it again after start (which would benefit you in all but the first three matches) putting you in a lower division. Seems like a lot of effort but there is potential to game the system there. This also would only effect a small number of players on the edge of brackets and with the time and patience to mess about with 1/3 of their mods.

3 Finally some people are more advance than others in fleet which generates large GP differences in actually quite similar match ups

I am someone who would like to see cleaner match making in GAC but it is less bad than I believed it to be. Obviously everyone’s player experience is different.
    1. That’s not how it works. Your division is set by the max GP you have ever reached. So nobody can deliberately drop themselves down a division.
  • Good to know thank you. It would be interesting to retest this as it definitely worked previously. I won’t hit another Threshold for a while though.

That reduces the pool even further however doesn’t prevent people from hugely upgrading roster for week two if they wish.

The initial enquiry was how someone with GP above the threshold could be in the lower division and that’s at least one way.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Banmeong wrote: »
    Seriously, GAC matchmaking need to be tuned correctly. How can I face 4 million GP+ in div 3? And that's 600k GP difference with me. No chance at all. Really. Not to mention the remaining 7 competitors also 400k GP difference. Always underdog every GAC week

Your previous performance this GAC put you in the same pool of people from which you're matched. There's more to even matches than GP - and total GP has no influence whatsoever.
  • I put DR malak relics and GG r7 with droideka r4 + b1 r5. Still wiped out easily. 1 battle. I def hard and the opponent put NS relics, padme, and GG r7 also. How can i beat it lol
  • The problem with GAC is that it punishes you for having played the game for a long time.

Qui-gin, darth maul etc all had a place and a use way back but now only serve to inflate GP and give me harder opponents.

New players that go straight for the meta have a huge advantage.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Banmeong wrote: »
    I put DR malak relics and GG r7 with droideka r4 + b1 r5. Still wiped out easily. 1 battle. I def hard and the opponent put NS relics, padme, and GG r7 also. How can i beat it lol

All those teams have counters. Your opponent could have killed you Sith Empire with a mirror team, and your Separatist droids with his jedi. Nothing odd there.

If you choose to put many strong teams on defense, you obviously have fewer strong teams for offense. Quite simple, really. Just out of curiosity, what did you use on those Padme, GG and NS teams? Which teams did you have available for offense? Your strategy might have room for improvement.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    My understanding based on the chaos one of my posts created previously is:

On point 1: how significantly do you think you can drop your GP?

And any GP added after the event started wouldnt be useful, due to player lock, so it would be pointless to add it, and shouldnt effect the match.
  • Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    All those teams have counters. Your opponent could have killed you Sith Empire with a mirror team, and your Separatist droids with his jedi. Nothing odd there.

If you choose to put many strong teams on defense, you obviously have fewer strong teams for offense. Quite simple, really. Just out of curiosity, what did you use on those Padme, GG and NS teams? Which teams did you have available for offense? Your strategy might have room for improvement.

I have CLS, JKR, EP, BH, sith trio, purple padme squad for attack. Yap all team has counters but how can you counters all team if your opponent surplus 400k gp. You're running low on resource dude. Don't talk about quality over quantity it doesn't exist this time because He has DR relics and JKR relics. Mine only DR relics, dont have JKR relics. Simply K.O me

• Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Also I don't believe matching is based on previous performance. Know what? Opponent is kyber, I've never been at kyber club. Aurodium always and very rare to be #1 rank. Average 2-4
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Your jedi with Bastilla leading JKR counter the sep. droids. Padme teams counter NS teams. zEP lead empire teams are supposed to counter Padme teams ("supposed to" since I don't have much experience with this, but youtubers recommend it). That's how you could handle those 3 teams.

DR and JKR Reliced? That's not the reason for your (assumed) loss this round. Your own DR is Reliced too, and non-relic jedi still counter sep. droids.

If you find yourself running low on resources during offense, you could consider saving more for offense.

Again:
    Your strategy might have room for improvement.