$50 Heroine pack compensation survey

Prev13
Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited December 2015
CG announced that thise that bought the just nerfed pack will be compensated with a gift in the inbox sometime next week.

If you bought that pack, what are you expecting to make up for your now rather weakened Barris?

My options are:
1-Nothing at all. I would not be happy, but I wasn't even using Barris. She was UP already by her lack of damage and 5 cooldown slowness. I also saved money (relatively) since it shows that any good char may be nerfed next, so I soend only in Crystals now.
2-300 Vader shards
3-Two Chromium Megapacks
4-Phasma at 4 stars.
5-50% off the new pack.
Post edited by Preemo_Magin on

Replies

• ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    1 or 5. 5 is being extremely generous since you should know the terms of service and that this game will have nerfs and buffs before you make a purchase.
  • Tryban
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Many won't be happy unless it's $50 worth, so 5000+ crystals or 2 chromium 8 packs seem about the expectation.
    "That is why you fail."
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Tryban wrote: »
    Many won't be happy unless it's $50 worth, so 5000+ crystals or 2 chromium 8 packs seem about the expectation.

LOL so you got major value out of her and gained a huge advantage knowing there would be nerfs and buffs in this game, and now you want a refund worth the value that you paid? LOL, I should buy barriss now too pretend like I didnt know there was a nerf and get a refund too.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Ewok, LOL. Tiu just made the case for EA on how to boost sales. By your rationalle, EA could have most every player buy a $50 bundle in the hope one key char will get a mayor nerf. If that was true I'd expect 6000 crystals in my inbox tomorrow, and I'd call my stock trader to grab me some EA next Mon.

I can predict that if the reward is weak, big spenders will not be happy, and non-spenders that are really fans would be reassured not spending is best.

I also predict you'd be wishing you had bought Barris by next week, like you should.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Ewok, LOL. Tiu just made the case for EA on how to boost sales. By your rationalle, EA could have most every player buy a $50 bundle in the hope one key char will get a mayor nerf. If that was true I'd expect 6000 crystals in my inbox tomorrow, and I'd call my stock trader to grab me some EA next Mon.

I can predict that if the reward is weak, big spenders will not be happy, and non-spenders that are really fans would be reassured not spending is best.

I also predict you'd be wishing you had bought Barris by next week, like you should.

Every other option is unfair. You guys knew what you were buying, if you didnt you should have done your research and realize that there are buffs and nerfs.
  • Love, how "ftp" peeps are so invested in are compensation. ......when's it's all said and done. ....ea & co. Felt there was some injustice to all the peeps who bought the pack, with a top flight healer......that's not, that any longer. .....I'm not expecting the moon....but as someone who has spend several hundred, im happy to get something back for a toon that's gonna stay where it at now....cause she really has lots her value(and most have invested tons of resources , to get her to Vll gear)......
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Fighton wrote: »
    Love, how "ftp" peeps are so invested in are compensation. ......when's it's all said and done. ....ea & co. Felt there was some injustice to all the peeps who bought the pack, with a top flight healer......that's not, that any longer. .....I'm not expecting the moon....but as someone who has spend several hundred, im happy to get something back for a toon that's gonna stay where it at now....cause she really has lots her value(and most have invested tons of resources , to get her to Vll gear)......

I hope it's a couple hundred crystal, either that or you get a complete refund of everything you bought and an account deletion.
  • ewok wrote: »
    Love, how "ftp" peeps are so invested in are compensation. ......when's it's all said and done. ....ea & co. Felt there was some injustice to all the peeps who bought the pack, with a top flight healer......that's not, that any longer. .....I'm not expecting the moon....but as someone who has spend several hundred, im happy to get something back for a toon that's gonna stay where it at now....cause she really has lots her value(and most have invested tons of resources , to get her to Vll gear)......

I hope it's a couple hundred crystal, either that or you get a complete refund of everything you bought and an account deletion.

HAHA......complete refund. ....I'd call that a win.....then come back with another acct , with so much more knowledge about this game.........love that idea ewok......... B)
  • xsebx
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Where is the announcement posted?

*nevermind, found it. Why did you start a new thread? Epic fail.

Why would they delete their actual paying customers? Do you know anything about business at all. Us who pay to play support their bottom line and contribute the financial resources used to expand the game that you f2p folks like to play, so you are welcome there. If any are deleted it makes more business sense to delete the non contributors. After all, EA and CG are a for profit business, and F2P does not contribute to profits, we do.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    [/quote]

Why would they delete their actual paying customers? Do you know anything about business at all. Us who pay to play support their bottom line and contribute the financial resources used to expand the game that you f2p folks like to play, so you are welcome there. If any are deleted it makes more business sense to delete the non contributors. After all, EA and CG are a for profit business, and F2P does not contribute to profits, we do.[/quote]

This is where you spenders go wrong. You assume that you guys are doing us f2p players a favor LOL. First the big spenders are a HUGE minority. They make most profit out of the dooku buyers/crystal buyers, those are the guys we should really appreciate, also this game can always go the ad route, and offer a crystal subscription base where you wouldnt get any ads. They'd make far more off ads than they would ever with the tiny amount of big spenders.

• If they rewards are bonkers, do you think they might re-offer the pack, with the updated rewards? I would possible get on board...
  • Xsebx, you missed the announcement, found it in this post which only about expected compensarion, and then pronounce epic fail. Kudos! Wonder who's. Mids can join threads too. I was just curious what people expected.
  • I am hoping they will be generous because it costs them very little to do so and people who spend $50 obviously are good customers that they should want to keep happy.

Ideally they give 2k crystals or 65 shards of a charachter of the players choice.

It would be amazing if they gave back the remotes, credits, and gear used to upgrade my Barriss to tier 7 because I would much rather invest it into a non-Jedi charachter now that she has been nerfed.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't expect much. If they were interested in people spending $50 and being happy about it they would provide more than they do. They know what they are doing.

Considering their previous (lack of) customer service efforts I would expect a small number of crystals like 500 or less.

It would be funny if they gave previous spenders a chromium only hero in the hopes we would spend more gambling on chromium cards to try and promote them lol.

They will not do something you can choose because that would require far too much work as I'm sure they have no function like that built into the game.

The fact the bugs and issues board has plenty of complaints about not receiving what they purchased, this would be easily fixed if thats the case.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • How about just make Barriss not as useless?
  • I dont need crystals and i dont need a compensation.
    I want my barriss back to a usefull healer
    this 40% procchance needed a nerf but not her special heal
    after eqal only 12,5%? thats nothing...every DD hits for more
    and Lumi a Attacker outshines her easy
    Make her stronger or give it back the 25% heal

oh there is one char i want....Rey
    1 or 5. 5 is being extremely generous since you should know the terms of service and that this game will have nerfs and buffs before you make a purchase.
    This is not same like a purchase in a f2p mmo.
    Barriss was there over 2 months.
    A lot of softlaunch players and swcantina telled me
    if i want a good healer buy it.
    Im not richie rich
    For me it was a investment.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm deliberately keeping my expectations low. But I agree with the comment that giving in-game stuff costs them nothing, and they have a reason to err on the generous side because it reduces the chances of people trying to get refunds from Apple/Google.
    I am pretty sure I don't want any heroin in the pack though. ;)
    My ratings of your survey options:
    1. Won't happen, would actually enrage people more than they were before, would make no sense to announce compensation and not give it.
    2. Ridiculously excessive gift that everyone else in the game would be outraged over, and for good reason.
    3. Generous, possibly excessive.. that's about 5000 crystals worth. I'd rather have the crystals, I don't play lotteries.
    4. This one is ridiculously UNgenerous. I already have a 3* Phasma and I can get her to 4* in two days in GW.
    5. Also on the generous side, since this basically means you are getting the characters for nearly free (the pack includes $40 of crystals).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • This game just continues to cater to whiners. Barris got slightly reduced and I mean slightly. So slightly I can't even notice a difference with mine. I hope they give you 10 ewok scout shards as a compensation because thats about all the compensation you deserve.
  • Can't believe EA is giving out Heroin now just so users feel better about Bariss, what of the children, first hits free, next one at cost.... LOL..

I would figure they'll give crystals since it gives players the most choices to do as they wish. I saw the suggestion of Vader and 200 shards and I'd personally want that but they'll never do that!!! If they give you another nerf like that and all the refunded customers now had 6-7* Vader, I can only imagine the forum....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    This game just continues to cater to whiners. Barris got slightly reduced and I mean slightly. So slightly I can't even notice a difference with mine. I hope they give you 10 ewok scout shards as a compensation because thats about all the compensation you deserve.

Go run the Oppress challenge with her and use her heal after he knocks everyone to zero. If you can't notice the difference there, or how much worse her base heal is compared to JC, then you are trying not to see it.
    Her base attack skill was also seriously nerfed.
    50% less is not "slight". 40% less is not "slight".
  • I think we will get the new TFA heroine as compensation: Rye. That would be a very welcome and classy move ...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Redan wrote: »
    I think we will get the new TFA heroine as compensation: Rye. That would be a very welcome and classy move ...

I was thinking of that too, since it fits the theme and she's not in the other packs. Even without knowing how good she is, that would be .. very generous.
  • Well tbh i think your just going to get around 500 crystals or some shards to some hero considering people gain so much value over this bundle with ashoka buff and can be farmed in many ways aswell as ventress , and 1 nerf towards barriss and people say ridiculuos amounts of crystals will be given out as compensation or even 4 star heroes... so let me tell you this it wont happen since heroin bundle cost 50 bucks/eu and was including 350k credits/training droids 30x i think lvl4 or 5/ ventress 4 star/ashoka 3star/3star sister initiate and 4 star bariss so you hope gaining 5k crystals which cost almost same amount as bundle you either troll or naive
    Blessed under a lie, Her last little weak "why?"
    The bloody end of a dream,
    She wears her crown on a head that's bowed deep down,
    The cry that she made was the cry of a dying child,
    Slit the throat and taste the cream!
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Meto, I said I don't care. But if they give out 500 Crystals, I would consider that an insult. The only char not easily farmable was Barriss. I agree a bundle was a bundle, but all the other chars are very easy to farm...so now the not easy to farm char is very uninteresting, and the ones that makes no sense buying (because easy to farm) are better. It really makes you think twice before buying it.

The problem with nerfs is the immense amount of additional effort that most players have put in her. Do you know how many Crystals I used to gear her to Level VII? Why would I care about 500 Crystals when I used more than 2000 to gear her up, and now I will never use her in any A-team? She was never my leader in Arena, but now she isn't even in the team. She can't heal enough, nir do enough damage.
  • Meto, I said I don't care. But if they give out 500 Crystals, I would consider that an insult. The only char not easily farmable was Barriss. I agree they bundle was a bundle. The problem wirh nerfs is the immense amount of additional effort that most players have put in her. Do you know how many Crystals I used to gear her to Level VII? Why would I care about 500 Crystals when I used mire than 2000 to gear her up, and now I will use her in any A-team?

They should do cantina farmable barriss and everyone would be happy since you would be able to get stars for her without rng packs

Blessed under a lie, Her last little weak "why?"
    The bloody end of a dream,
    She wears her crown on a head that's bowed deep down,
    The cry that she made was the cry of a dying child,
    Slit the throat and taste the cream!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    ewok wrote: »
    This is where you spenders go wrong. You assume that you guys are doing us f2p players a favor LOL. First the big spenders are a HUGE minority. They make most profit out of the dooku buyers/crystal buyers, those are the guys we should really appreciate, also this game can always go the ad route, and offer a crystal subscription base where you wouldnt get any ads. They'd make far more off ads than they would ever with the tiny amount of big spenders.

Wrong. These companies make most of their money from whales. They know this and will continue to cater to that crowd. They repeatedly say so during quarterly financial releases, interviews, etc.

Aside from that, your trolling makes me sad. Have trolls become so poor at what they do that they're incapable of being amusing while inducing rage to the one being trolled. Watching you troll p2w players is just painful. While discussing account deletions you should be considering doing so to your forum account, so that you can create a new one and try again. Just....embarrassing.
    Tryban wrote: »

LOL so you got major value out of her and gained a huge advantage knowing there would be nerfs and buffs in this game, and now you want a refund worth the value that you paid? LOL, I should buy barriss now too pretend like I didnt know there was a nerf and get a refund too.

1. Does having a character that others don't or don't know how to counter give an advantage, yep. Doesn't mean the character is OP, just that people are poor strategists or f2p complainers about p2p/p2w.
    2. If I wanted a refund, I'd apply for it through EA or Google and quit playing. I said many, not I or me. Many who want a $50 cash refund probably wouldn't get that if they went to small claims. They'd get a prorated, lesser amount because the pack contained other items and then there are the terms of user agreement.
    3. $50 worth of in game compensation to remedy a wrong that has occurred or demonstrate good faith to those that make purchases is not a refund. The timing and lack of published data to support the drastic change so soon borders on scam. EA is trying to remedy paid outrage because they know taking a hard line on this would be bad.
    4. Buying now then pretending would be ignorant since the changes were published in an update.
    I'm sure no matter what in game comp is given, some will not be happy, on both sides.
    "It's not enough, I spent other $ and resources making her an upgrade priority."
    "I didn't buy Barris, people getting comp have an unfair advantage again, where's more of my free stuff."
    If one didn't buy Barriss in the pack, they would have little to no standing to complain about any in game remedy provided. It just comes across as more free, disadvantaged complaining.
    If one thinks it's not enough, they have other remedies they can pursue up to and including quitting, no longer supporting the game.
    Personally, I'll continue to enjoy the game either way. I think a red arm 3PO or Jar Jar would be a fun gift to offset Barriss nerf...lol
    Then there would be people complaining about why they aren't available to them, yet.
    EA will never be able to make everyone happy.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Meto, I said I don't care. But if they give out 500 Crystals, I would consider that an insult. The only char not easily farmable was Barriss. I agree they bundle was a bundle. The problem wirh nerfs is the immense amount of additional effort that most players have put in her. Do you know how many Crystals I used to gear her to Level VII? Why would I care about 500 Crystals when I used mire than 2000 to gear her up, and now I will use her in any A-team?

They should do cantina farmable barriss and everyone would be happy since you would be able to get stars for her without rng packs

^^this, along with a shard headstart to those buying the pack is my vote. Then we can start arguing back and forth about the number of shard headstart...lol
    "That is why you fail."