$50 Heroine pack compensation survey

13Next

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    WhipiT wrote: »
    @Qeltar Dude if 50 measly dollars is worth you making such a big deal over it you need to be more "like me" and own your own company and be successful financially. It's easy to see your jealousy towards anyone on these boards who has spent more than you obviously could with your little condesending posts. Im willing to bet you're lucky to have 2 chrono card characters and really have no clue about how characters synergize within the game.....because you don't have them. Listen to the people that do and you might learn something kid.

Let's see. I try to make a point about people buying something and then feeling ripped off when it is drastically changed, in some case only days later. You respond by bragging about what a great success you are, insulting me and making (spectacularly bad) assumptions about everything from my financial status to my age. Er, okay.
    I'm not a "kid" to you unless you're in your 70s. And I could spend $500 a week on this game if I wanted to. I don't, for a simple reason: being #1 in the PvP ladder of some server shard of an anonymous smartphone game is not one of my life priorities. If it is one of yours, good for you. You're a "winner". Yay.
    Back to the topic: I'm not making a big deal because of the $50. In fact, I'm not making a big deal at all. I have not asked for a refund, I have not contacted Google, etc. All I have said is that people who bought the pack because they saw other teams with a dominant Barriss, only to see Barriss substantially reduced in power, have a valid complaint.
    That's it. The rest is straw men you concocted.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Tryban wrote: »
    ewok wrote: »
    Many won't be happy unless it's $50 worth, so 5000+ crystals or 2 chromium 8 packs seem about the expectation.

LOL so you got major value out of her and gained a huge advantage knowing there would be nerfs and buffs in this game, and now you want a refund worth the value that you paid? LOL, I should buy barriss now too pretend like I didnt know there was a nerf and get a refund too.

1. Does having a character that others don't or don't know how to counter give an advantage, yep. Doesn't mean the character is OP, just that people are poor strategists or f2p complainers about p2p/p2w.
    2. If I wanted a refund, I'd apply for it through EA or Google and quit playing. I said many, not I or me. Many who want a $50 cash refund probably wouldn't get that if they went to small claims. They'd get a prorated, lesser amount because the pack contained other items and then there are the terms of user agreement.
    3. $50 worth of in game compensation to remedy a wrong that has occurred or demonstrate good faith to those that make purchases is not a refund. The timing and lack of published data to support the drastic change so soon borders on scam. EA is trying to remedy paid outrage because they know taking a hard line on this would be bad.
    4. Buying now then pretending would be ignorant since the changes were published in an update.
    I'm sure no matter what in game comp is given, some will not be happy, on both sides.
    "It's not enough, I spent other $ and resources making her an upgrade priority."
    "I didn't buy Barris, people getting comp have an unfair advantage again, where's more of my free stuff."
    If one didn't buy Barriss in the pack, they would have little to no standing to complain about any in game remedy provided. It just comes across as more free, disadvantaged complaining.
    If one thinks it's not enough, they have other remedies they can pursue up to and including quitting, no longer supporting the game.
    Personally, I'll continue to enjoy the game either way. I think a red arm 3PO or Jar Jar would be a fun gift to offset Barriss nerf...lol
    Then there would be people complaining about why they aren't available to them, yet.
    EA will never be able to make everyone happy.

@Tryban You know what's funny LOL, only the people have barriss are crying about how she isn't op. Like I said many times, I know how to deal with her, unlike you I'm f2p and I don't need to pay to win. It's cute how a pay to play person is talking to me about strategy lmfao! Unlike you I never complained once when Barriss was op and learned to deal wtih her. Now that your op character got nerfed you dont know how to win because you have no strats, you're too used to paying to win.

GG

• ewok wrote: »
    Many won't be happy unless it's $50 worth, so 5000+ crystals or 2 chromium 8 packs seem about the expectation.

LOL so you got major value out of her and gained a huge advantage knowing there would be nerfs and buffs in this game, and now you want a refund worth the value that you paid? LOL, I should buy barriss now too pretend like I didnt know there was a nerf and get a refund too.

1. Does having a character that others don't or don't know how to counter give an advantage, yep. Doesn't mean the character is OP, just that people are poor strategists or f2p complainers about p2p/p2w.
    2. If I wanted a refund, I'd apply for it through EA or Google and quit playing. I said many, not I or me. Many who want a $50 cash refund probably wouldn't get that if they went to small claims. They'd get a prorated, lesser amount because the pack contained other items and then there are the terms of user agreement.
    3. $50 worth of in game compensation to remedy a wrong that has occurred or demonstrate good faith to those that make purchases is not a refund. The timing and lack of published data to support the drastic change so soon borders on scam. EA is trying to remedy paid outrage because they know taking a hard line on this would be bad.
    4. Buying now then pretending would be ignorant since the changes were published in an update.
    I'm sure no matter what in game comp is given, some will not be happy, on both sides.
    "It's not enough, I spent other $ and resources making her an upgrade priority."
    "I didn't buy Barris, people getting comp have an unfair advantage again, where's more of my free stuff."
    If one didn't buy Barriss in the pack, they would have little to no standing to complain about any in game remedy provided. It just comes across as more free, disadvantaged complaining.
    If one thinks it's not enough, they have other remedies they can pursue up to and including quitting, no longer supporting the game.
    Personally, I'll continue to enjoy the game either way. I think a red arm 3PO or Jar Jar would be a fun gift to offset Barriss nerf...lol
    Then there would be people complaining about why they aren't available to them, yet.

@Tryban You know what's funny LOL, only the people have barriss are crying about how she isn't op. Like I said many times, I know how to deal with her, unlike you I'm f2p and I don't need to pay to win. It's cute how a pay to play person is talking to me about strategy lmfao! Unlike you I never complained once when Barriss was op and learned to deal wtih her. Now that your op character got nerfed you dont know how to win because you have no strats, you're too used to paying to win.

GG

You sure do say 'pay to win' a lot. I'll bet you're secretly shelling out entire paychecks and still can't beat anybody, but are too ashamed to admit it - hence all the heckling.. ;)
  • Unless they just give you guys 100 Barriss shards or whatever, I'd be annoyed at the huge advantage you get
    A free 6* Barriss should be sufficient, you got your money's worth in 2 months of ripping up arena
    By buying Barriss you got 150gems times like 50 days
    I've struggled to be rank 50 or below fighting 90% bariss teams, and I payed for Dooku and a lot of gems
    So get a 7* bariss for all I care, but nothing else
    If you already have a 7star bariss, get the shards anyway and I'm sure they'll add a way to spend excess shards soon and you'll get that benefit

It's nothing like 2 months, I had her 4 days before she got nerfed and at most, people will get compensation " who purchased the Heroine pack between 11/24/2015 and 12/18/2015. " at best you're talking about less than 4 weeks.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I hope that they close this thread as compensation.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • At least $10 worth of in game stuff. The key word is AT LEAST. Anything less would be a slap on the face considering the $50 charge.
  • Tryban
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015

GG

Well, you certainly figured me out...lol
    How you managed to deduce all of that based on my posts is truly remarkable.
    To paraphrase one of my favorite movie quotes, the forum trembles at the searing logic of your fiery intellect.
    I get the sense you are taking my observations and opinions on the Barriss matter, personally. Why, I'm not sure. I can only guess that its because I disagree with your opinions. Nothing personal on my end.
    You admit Barriss could be dealt with, even as f2p, which supports the view that she wasn't op. So why was the nerf necessary for game balance? Given your admission, people who did pay have additional evidence that something they paid for was unjustly manipulated and damaged the value. They have every right to seek a remedy. EA feels their complaint has merit and is seeking a remedy. And in response, people are complaining, trolling about what EA hasn't even delivered, yet.
    So is this really about Barriss being op or a continuation of **** envy between f2p, p2p, and p2w?
    I'll say again since it was unclear before, I enjoy the game either way. My enjoyment doesn't revolve around my rank in the pvp arena. I do enjoy discussions and exchanging opinions about the conditions in the game so devs can have as large and diverse a population of input as possible.
    Please continue to do well in the game as you see fit and thanks for the laugh...lol

I still want to know why 3PO's arm is red.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I hope that they close this thread as compensation.

+1 best comment yet
    This is all stupid (really? Stoop'ed is starred out? Is this forum rated 3+?) and bariss always **** (I'm sorry, stinked lololol)
    When I lose its to
    Dooku- I focus on him first and don't hit hard enough so he countered everything and gets healed
    Or
    Luminara heals everyone and I die
    I actually looked for people with Barriss in pvp to jump up ranks
    Ever since the nerf I've been getting crushed by people who don't use her lol
    (I don't have her and was not interested)
  • +1 for closing this thread...lol
    "That is why you fail."
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Tryban Just because a character can be dealt with doesn't mean we shouldn't balance it when its heals are far too good. Op doesn't mean that the character will completely trounce you every time, and that it's unbeatable. It means overpowered which she clearly was. I'm glad she got nerfed, and she isn't unusable in any sense, there are tons of Barriss users that say she's still viable. But again the same pay to win players saying that Barriss wasn't op are saying how she's utterly useless now LOL. Maybe you should try using strats to win instead of paying to win. I play this game for fun, which is why I don't pay to win. As a f2p player I play against 99% p2p from ranks 21-50, and I'm still a live dog, will I ever get to the top 10 without p2p? Probably not, but the challenge is what makes it fun.
    Post edited by Hillsop on
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed Violates TOS
  • Ser_Phoenix
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    [quote="Removed Violates TOS. [/quote]

Removed Violates TOS
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    @Ser_Phoenix awww did I offend another pay to win scrub that got wrecked by the barriss nerf.

Not sure, did you? Because I'm certainly not a "pay to win scrub", whatever that's even supposed to mean. Wake up on the wrong side of the treehouse today, Mr Ewok?

ewoks can have bad days too
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed Violates TOS
  • Telaan wrote: »
    While discussing account deletions you should be considering doing so to your forum account, so that you can create a new one and try again. Just....embarrassing.
    lol he's onto his third and going to lose that at the rate he's trolling again.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I don't have Bariss and am not going to buy packs. I can see how people are upset over this but what's done is done and EA has given what it feels is fair compensation for the issue so what would we do now?? The only option you have at this point to fight this further is to just go F2P like myself and others and fight with your wallet....
  • The refund was dreadful compared to what people paid and invested into the character, this was lacking on behalf of the devs who obviously had a big hand to play in the refund which was given. But tbh not so surprising as these big companies often have no real care to their players. This is because they see us as just that players, when they should look at us as consumers.

What surprises me the most is this. EA can see the issue with people's dissatisfaction with the refund has not gone away. And rather than revisit the situation to see if they were wrong with 500 crystals and maybe something greater should have been done. This lack of consumer thought is the most worrying thing of all! EA don't care, they don't want to make you a happy consumer. If they did they would revisit the situation and offer something more balanced. It's clear this is needed as the threads and discussions have continued.

If you are new to the game or either been here from day one. I urge you to stop and think about if you want to invest your money into a game / company who will nurf your character spends and then not give correct compensation. And then when forums explode with discounted players / consumers still they won't reevaluate the situation.

Personally I love Star Wars based games and this one is no exception. I spent lots on this game (been playing just over a month) but the dream that EA can act with interest of the consumer in mind has been broken. I feel they don't rightly care. So my decision to become a free player has been made.

500 crystals was so disrespectful and comes know where near the true value of my investment into barriss.
  • Sunnyred wrote: »
    The refund was dreadful compared to what people paid and invested into the character, this was lacking on behalf of the devs who obviously had a big hand to play in the refund which was given. But tbh not so surprising as these big companies often have no real care to their players. This is because they see us as just that players, when they should look at us as consumers.

What surprises me the most is this. EA can see the issue with people's dissatisfaction with the refund has not gone away. And rather than revisit the situation to see if they were wrong with 500 crystals and maybe something greater should have been done. This lack of consumer thought is the most worrying thing of all! EA don't care, they don't want to make you a happy consumer. If they did they would revisit the situation and offer something more balanced. It's clear this is needed as the threads and discussions have continued.

If you are new to the game or either been here from day one. I urge you to stop and think about if you want to invest your money into a game / company who will nurf your character spends and then not give correct compensation. And then when forums explode with discounted players / consumers still they won't reevaluate the situation.

Personally I love Star Wars based games and this one is no exception. I spent lots on this game (been playing just over a month) but the dream that EA can act with interest of the consumer in mind has been broken. I feel they don't rightly care. So my decision to become a free player has been made.

500 crystals was so disrespectful and comes know where near the true value of my investment into barriss.

When you push out mediocre upgrades at these prices, people are going to complain. When you then have people crazy enough to buy in and then you stick it to them, normal people will get angry. I'm sure there are many P2W players who are silent as it was their Dad's Amex they blew up and all but even rich folk would balk at this!!!

I'm sure when a Hollywood A-Lister pays top dollar to sit in VIP and drink $40 bottles of Ciroc for $500 a bottle, they expect top-notch service and ambience to make up for that price premium. When this doesn't occur, it creates such a scene that it's tomorrow's news on TMZ and the sort. Meanwhile, EA is similarly pushing these highly overpriced upgrades for lackluster ROI that makes your paying customer sit on the sidelines. The mistakes are compounded since EA relies on this 1% of their customers to carry the budget to operate this game.

I have to question the logic of the corporate side of EA who came up with the pricing for this game because they should be questioned for such a debacle. I know many have said there are loads of games out there like this and that people spend tens of thousands over a year or two and that this model works but I'm looking around me here at work and I can tell you, most of my fellow employees would be easily priced out of this game.

The prices are so high, you should be required to pass a credit check and income verification before download it's so bad.....
  • They owe me $50. Hands down, this is fraud.
    Also, gotta love how they throw salt on the wound after by just giving her away in bronzing packages.