Switching device language seems to fix the Android problem

Prev1
Ankios
5 posts Member
edited December 2019
I may have found a temporary "fix" by mere luck.

It seems the inability to login is impacted by language somehow. No idea why. I changed my device language to French and then SWGOH works perfectly! I tried to switch back to English, doesn'twork, back to French, works, and I tried a third time, the same.

I have no idea if another language than French will deal with the problem though.

Other people tried it after I posted about it on the EA forums and it dealt with the problem for them too.

Replies

• This worked for me.
    Spanish.
    I can't read it, but don't really need to to play swgoh... thanks.
    And hope CG gets a fix for English...
    Also, sucks i missed out on free energy today.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    This worked for me.
    Spanish.

Same. Switched to spanish and it worked fine. Switched back to english and it crashes. Guess I'll just have to learn spanish.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Can someone post how / where to do this. Also will it work on emulator?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Cs99 wrote: »
    This worked for me.
    Spanish.

Same. Switched to spanish and it worked fine. Switched back to english and it crashes. Guess I'll just have to learn spanish.

Hablo Espanol un poco, esta solucion bueno!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member

I went in my phone settings. There an option to change device language. Not sure about emulator.
  • Can someone post how / where to do this. Also will it work on emulator?

You have to switch the language of your entire device (so beware that you know how to change it back in the language you choose). It is in your device options depending on your device. On emulators you will have to do the same. You should google the device/emulator you are using.
  • Cs99 wrote: »

I went in my phone settings. There an option to change device language. Not sure about emulator.

it worked for me on Blustacks ;)

• Cs99
    146 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    This worked for me.
    Spanish.

Hablo Espanol un poco, esta solucion bueno!

What
  • Victoria!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ankios wrote: »

it worked for me on Blustacks ;)

Si!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • How did you even think to try that @Ankios ? My phone still works, so not ready to attempt.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Also works in german. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat There is no issue with "android 7.X" or older versions. The issue is specifically with Andoid version of that age running english.

skefxqpd2o2v.jpg
  • My reaction when people are telling me this works:
    bcmrkt0f7oam.png
  • Can someone post how / where to do this. Also will it work on emulator?

you have to change the language on bluestacks.
  • How did you even think to try that @Ankios ? My phone still works, so not ready to attempt.

I was running Bluestacks 3 and it didn't work so I did what I wanted to do for a long time: I installed Bluestack 4 to see if it worked better. I didn't work on my phone either so I thought it was my last option. I played a bit with the options in Bluestack 4 and there it was! Working like a charm. Really random luck I didn't plan this :smile:
  • Thanks for the tip! German works too. I couldn't make Memu or Bluestacks work until now. Other English language settings (Canada, Singapore etc.) are also bugged btw. It has to be a non-English language.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Thanks for the tip! German works too. I couldn't make Memu or Bluestacks work until now. Other English language settings (Canada, Singapore etc.) are also bugged btw. It has to be a non-English language.

There's a canada language setting?
  • Ankios wrote: »

It seems the inability to login is impacted by language somehow. No idea why. I changed my device language to French and then SWGOH works perfectly! I tried to switch back to English, doesn'twork, back to French, works, and I tried a third time, the same.

I have no idea if another language than French will deal with the problem though.

Other people tried it after I posted about it on the EA forums and it dealt with the problem for them too.

Well done Ankios!!
    I've not been able to login for 6 hours......change to French......straight in.
    Although now I'm playing Les Heros de la Galaxie :smiley:

How on earth the playing community can identify then work out/fix problems better and faster than these so called Developers amazes me.

• Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for the tip! German works too. I couldn't make Memu or Bluestacks work until now. Other English language settings (Canada, Singapore etc.) are also bugged btw. It has to be a non-English language.

In Memu at least. My phone only shows one English setting, but Memu has one for every English speaking country. They probably just cloned the BE profile.

ETA: But since none of them work, I guess I'll have to look at ads for the Blindwütige Zerstörung-Bundle. This kind of Denglisch is why I prefer to play in English :D
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited December 2019

They stole ours.

Granted we stole it from England.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Adzski wrote: »
    Ankios wrote: »

Well done Ankios!!
    I've not been able to login for 6 hours......change to French......straight in.
    Although now I'm playing Les Heros de la Galaxie :smiley:

How on earth the playing community can identify then work out/fix problems better and faster than these so called Developers amazes me.

Well we didn't really identify what was causing the bug, nor did we fix the problem. all the community did was find a workaround for the issue, which is great for the short term but how long will having your entire phone in a different language work out?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The devs really should be trying every weird workaround they can think of instead of trying to fix the actual problem is what I learned from this thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

• Well we didn't really identify what was causing the bug, nor did we fix the problem. all the community did was find a workaround for the issue, which is great for the short term but how long will having your entire phone in a different language work out?

Indeed it is not ideal at all. Let's hope it might help them! If the only problem comes from English, then it means either in the Android version or the latest SWGOH version there is something not right related to languages. But I'm not a programmer I can't even imagine how this could be.

• it worked! i really can't believe it but it did.

this is the saddest fail moment ever right here - here - play our game - but in a language you can't understand - lol

whatevs
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm getting multiple arena rewards now for ranks that I never had :| Not that I'm complaining about free stuff, but something is definitely broken here.

ETA: Nevermind, I'm on my ancient first account that I haven't checked in ages.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The devs really should be trying every weird workaround they can think of instead of trying to fix the actual problem is what I learned from this thread.

According to people who understand code far more than I, that's actually what they have done typically.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    plus les choses changent, plus elles changent après tout!
    TVF wrote: »

They stole ours.

Granted we stole it from England.

we speak American.

rtt:
    plus les choses changent, plus elles changent après tout! thanks OP (for Bluestacks)

edit: changing back to anglais breaks it again
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • So the problem isnt us.. the problem is we dont speak the riht language?
  • I'm getting multiple arena rewards now for ranks that I never had :| Not that I'm complaining about free stuff, but something is definitely broken here.

ETA: Nevermind, I'm on my ancient first account that I haven't checked in ages.

I experienced the same as you.

The language "hack" worked for me. Sort of. I ended up in my alt account, that is NOT connected to that Google account and NOT connected to my FB. :o

I did use the Bluestack for that account earlier. Earlier today I tried reinstalling Bluestacks to get it to work. Perhaps something there went wrong, or else something has gone horribly wrong.