Arc Trooper - false urgency

Prev1
Lrrr
172 posts Member
Is CG going to comment on the false urgency they created by having a deadline to have a character ready (forcing spending if you wanted to get your guild Ki shards), only to cancel the event?

I mean farming 330 shards at 700 crystals a day (5 refreshes), would only take roughly 17 days. I bought packs to ensure I’d be ready, but that was now clearly not worth it. Can CG a at least acknowledge this issue?

Replies

• Welcome to the bait & switch + moving goalposts party ;-)
    You‘re getting used to it in no time
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    looooool now it's bad that the event was bugged bc it was a bait and switch.... They purposefully messed up the raid to trick you into getting arc to 7* and relic'd, that's your take? lololol seems legit
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • You chose to buy the packs knowing it was the first run, that arc trooper pack was terrible to, unfortunately you chose to buy it so not sure you will get anything back.

If it had the gear the Geo brood pack had in it might have been worth it.
  • I am in the same boat- I never expected anything back- but I did lament publicly. It sure does discourage folks from panic farming though. It wouldn’t exactly have been fair to give everyone a Mundi shard if they had a 7 star ARC..:.especially with Mundi being broken and CG wanting more time to try and fix his loop.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    looooool now it's bad that the event was bugged bc it was a bait and switch.... They purposefully messed up the raid to trick you into getting arc to 7* and relic'd, that's your take? lololol seems legit

It was t a bait and switch - but there was a bar set to obtain a reward and a time limit connected to it. And then after many reached the bar the opportunity was rescinded. No one is implying that it was intentional- CG doesn’t want to wear the shame of another bugged and unsuccessful event. At a certain point not making sure something is ready translates to not wanting things to flow smoothly bad enough.
  • Look at it this way, you probably weren't getting any Mundi shards anyway even if you maxed Arc Trooper out
  • 1) CG did not create the false sense of urgency. You did. LSTB will come back. Then LSTB will come back. Then LSTB will come back every month indefinitely. Missing out on the first run at a couple nodes is not a big deal. The difference is negligible. The "urgency" is from you, not from CG. The loss from a modicum of patience is trivial.

2) Everything on the calendar is subject to change. Anything you ever do based on the calendar comes with the inherent risk that the calendar will change. You took a risk and you were wrong.

3) CG has already acknowledged the issue and issued a generous apology package for any inconvenience caused. You have been compensated already. Everyone's situation is unique, but it all falls under apologies for any inconvenience.

4) Speaking to Cossin's point, no, this is not a bait and switch. There was no bait. There was no switch. Everything purchased is exactly as it was. And a bait and switch requires intent. Calling the technical errors deliberate is the kind of tinfoil hat nonsense this forum has far too much of. All assets spent on ARC are still there, are still useful, everyone got exactly what they paid for, so stop pretending the issue is larger than it is or that you have more right to complain than you do.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Anyone who wants to get back to signal data farming should have a sense of urgency anyway
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Based on the difficulty of P1 you weren't getting those shards regardless.
  • Paulos999 wrote: »

If it had the gear the Geo brood pack had in it might have been worth it.

This. This right here. With $30 in crystals, I can grind up more useful in-game resources than that sorry excuse for a product. Even if I don’t get ARC as fast as the Super whales, I’ll be in a much better position in every way.

Nothing worse than impulse buying.
  • This is why you shouldn't invest in Clones, like me!
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    1) CG did not create the false sense of urgency. You did. LSTB will come back. Then LSTB will come back. Then LSTB will come back every month indefinitely. Missing out on the first run at a couple nodes is not a big deal. The difference is negligible. The "urgency" is from you, not from CG. The loss from a modicum of patience is trivial.

2) Everything on the calendar is subject to change. Anything you ever do based on the calendar comes with the inherent risk that the calendar will change. You took a risk and you were wrong.

3) CG has already acknowledged the issue and issued a generous apology package for any inconvenience caused. You have been compensated already. Everyone's situation is unique, but it all falls under apologies for any inconvenience.

4) Speaking to Cossin's point, no, this is not a bait and switch. There was no bait. There was no switch. Everything purchased is exactly as it was. And a bait and switch requires intent. Calling the technical errors deliberate is the kind of tinfoil hat nonsense this forum has far too much of. All assets spent on ARC are still there, are still useful, everyone got exactly what they paid for, so stop pretending the issue is larger than it is or that you have more right to complain than you do.

Bravo. 10 points to Gryfinndor.
  • No, I paid for the ability to start unlocking KAM. Like I did with GBA. Except they made this event so hard that my 190m gp guild wouldn't even be able to unlcok the third phase, which has never happened before. There's no way to not feel scammed by this.
  • I'll add, that for the first time, I'm definitely considering refunding through app store.
  • No, I paid for the ability to start unlocking KAM. Like I did with GBA. Except they made this event so hard that my 190m gp guild wouldn't even be able to unlcok the third phase, which has never happened before. There's no way to not feel scammed by this.
    So you made a decision without knowing what is coming and now try to point a finger and place the blame on someone else?
  • Whalin ain’t easy

No guild of any size unlocked the 3rd phase as it got cancelled, you got what you paid for, you made the choice to buy it, that’s on you not them. Some have already said it above but you probably wouldn’t have got the shards had you got there.

Newest content with difficulty to last a long time.

I’ll say it again if you purchased that arc trooper pack for real money you made a bad decision all by yourself, they didn’t even make it slightly good.
  • Hey now folks,
    I agree with all of the numbered points above- but that doesn’t mean my fear isn’t a bit sore.
    I made a conscious (and in hindsight ill advised) decision to dump crystals for the ability to “farm” one TB earlier. Yes I know that all dates are subject to change, and of course CG did not orchestrate this mess to frustrate people. The compensation package was more than generous- And appreciated.
    I made a decision (I guess they are gambles now) that didn’t pay off. I trusted the intended dates and the coding and testing on the other side. I make mistakes and suffer from oversights all the time. I haven’t decreased my game time in the least, I am making no threats or demands but these incidents do factor into the decisions the player base makes when presented with panic farms and return on investment.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Hmmm... not testing content prior to release with enough time to identify bugs, by a company that is raking in MILLIONS a month is VERY intentional in my books. I am not blaming CG, I rather assume some more sinister forces behind them are pulling the threads :-p
    Yet, in all honesty and as much as I like this Star Wars game, imagine every company would release products as CG did and does as of late... bought a new shiny car? Sorry, here’s a refund, because we realized the airbags are actually filled with glue.
    Bought a new pen? Sorry we actually forgot to add an ink cartridge.
    Bought our new flower? Sorry, we‘re investigating an issue of it dying. Update: apparently sulfuric acid is not a good substitute for water.

Of course I am exaggerating, but my points valid. If a company keeps releasing bugged content, and needs to withdraw and fix every release, something is very wrong with the quality check.
    And again: I do not blame anyone from quality... I guess like every money hungry company, the employee numbers are at the bare minimum, everyone is overworked and depraved of sleep...

So again... in my book this is VERY INTENTIONAL if a multi-million-a-month company can‘t test their product enough. He is right to complain (you just they are not able to get to Ki-Adi Mundi. I‘m asking you: where is your proof? In dubito pro reo...unless it is a company with a quality down trend, that stills earns millions a week... I rest my case)
  • Meh, I’m farming clones, don’t care. Love the characters, even at relic 7 they sick
    No. No, you did not. There was nothing in that pack labeled, "ability to start unlocking KAM." You bought shards and gear and crystals, but not "ability to start unlocking KAM." And you got exactly what you paid for. You kept exactly what you paid for. You didn't lose any of it. It's still useful. And it will still be usable when the event is rescheduled.
    Still not a he.
  • How does r7 anything guarantee KAM shards? Such assumptions, and those that assume as such, with their hand out demanding attitudes should be made to dig a hole 10x10x10 just to have to fill it back up. ****
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    But if you wanted to farm KAM early and you wanted to buy a pack to help with that.... there was one convienctly available at the time.
    The pack didn’t say KAM farm pack... but if it did we would all know it had Arc Trooper shards in it

Would be better if the pack had Shaak Ti and all the 501st clones in it. Crap, I just gave them an idea for more money?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I am a very critical at cg in these forums,but i dont see the issue here,you have a new shiny to play,still getting the advantage of others that still need to farm him to decent levels.
  • Lrrr wrote: »
    Is CG going to comment on the false urgency they created by having a deadline to have a character ready (forcing spending if you wanted to get your guild Ki shards), only to cancel the event?

I mean farming 330 shards at 700 crystals a day (5 refreshes), would only take roughly 17 days. I bought packs to ensure I’d be ready, but that was now clearly not worth it. Can CG a at least acknowledge this issue?
    Lrrr wrote: »

• This urgency was all in your head, this event will continue to happen every month. Next time resists the FOMO.
  • I'll add, that for the first time, I'm definitely considering refunding through app store.

I hear you. This one time I was playing blackjack and I had 11 so I double down and got a 9, awesome, right? Well then the dealer had 10 so they had to hit and got an ace and I lost. So I definitely considered asking for a refund, too.

They laughed at me, much as we're all laughing at you now, but on the plus side at least you still have the character you blew all that money on when you were gambling and there'll be plenty of territory battles to come down the line. All I got was banned from Cache Creek.....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • No pack + 300c a day = ~20 day grind to 7* Arc Trooper. Since the plan was to alternate Light Side & Dark Side GeoTB, this plan would still allow you to have a 7* Arc Trooper by the 2nd LS GeoTB. So the decision to buy the pack and spend 700c per day seems a bit premature.

However, the faster you're done with Arc, the faster you can return to farming the never-ending Relic Material requirements...so it's not wasted.