Arc Trooper - false urgency

2Next

Replies

• While I'm typically of the side that cg sucks at literally everything they do and are likely deceptive intentionally at best I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they didnt intentionally release the event with the bug and didnt intentionally bait you.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    No, I paid for the ability to start unlocking KAM. Like I did with GBA. Except they made this event so hard that my 190m gp guild wouldn't even be able to unlcok the third phase, which has never happened before. There's no way to not feel scammed by this.

No, you paid for arc trooper. Having him does not garuntee shards for KAM. Thats what an Arc pack really gets you.... Arc trooper with less farming needed.

Just like having GBA pack never garunteed Wat shards. It grants you a character faster than others.

Given your 190m GP guild, you werent going to get KAM shards. As my 200+m GP guild wasnt making a dent... we werent getting KAM shards either
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    No, I paid for the ability to start unlocking KAM. Like I did with GBA. Except they made this event so hard that my 190m gp guild wouldn't even be able to unlcok the third phase, which has never happened before. There's no way to not feel scammed by this.

No, you paid for arc trooper. Having him does not garuntee shards for KAM. Thats what an Arc pack really gets you.... Arc trooper with less farming needed.

Just like having GBA pack never garunteed Wat shards. It grants you a character faster than others.

Given your 190m GP guild, you werent going to get KAM shards. As my 200+m GP guild wasnt making a dent... we werent getting KAM shards either

We don’t really know what was going to be enough to get KAM. Often times the character missions are much easier. For example, the Wat mission with Geos was much easier than the Acklay mission with Geos.

It don’t really know if that works in favor of or against the main argument here, I’m just pointing it out.
  • While I'm typically of the side that cg sucks at literally everything they do and are likely deceptive intentionally at best I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they didnt intentionally release the event with the bug and didnt intentionally bait you.

I believe they completely intentionally released a broken game mode. They released it without properly testing it.

That being said, I don't believe they did that to job you over on the purchase they just always release bugged content
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    While I'm typically of the side that cg sucks at literally everything they do and are likely deceptive intentionally at best I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they didnt intentionally release the event with the bug and didnt intentionally bait you.

I absolutely can’t imagine this was intentional. That just doesn’t make any sense to me.
  • Lol this is why CG will never change their ways because they have people like this who spend blindly

I absolutely can’t imagine this was intentional. That just doesn’t make any sense to me.

It wasnt. They just dont test their new content because of the lack of resources EA gives them.

Its just the crazy theorists who think that everyone is out to get them and the earth is flat that CG is like that.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Lol this is why CG will never change their ways because they have people like this who spend blindly

Ya ya. Everybody thinks they are a smart consumer, and yet most businesses have customers who spend blindly.

Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    While I'm typically of the side that cg sucks at literally everything they do and are likely deceptive intentionally at best I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they didnt intentionally release the event with the bug and didnt intentionally bait you.

It wasnt. They just dont test their new content because of the lack of resources EA gives them.

Its just the crazy theorists who think that everyone is out to get them and the earth is flat that CG is like that.

In one line you speak out on irrational people who have poor or non existent information to make a claim , and in the first line you partake in the same activities.
  • If they don’t fix the Turret bug (not counting as 501st thus disrupting GAS’ kit) soon I will ask for a full refund for what I put on my ARC Trooper (mine is Relic 7).
  • Stick wrote: »
    Lol this is why CG will never change their ways because they have people like this who spend blindly

Ya ya. Everybody thinks they are a smart consumer, and yet most businesses have customers who spend blindly.

In one line you speak out on irrational people who have poor or non existent information to make a claim , and in the first line you partake in the same activities.

It's called being a hippo crip
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    But if you wanted to farm KAM early and you wanted to buy a pack to help with that.... there was one convienctly available at the time.
    The pack didn’t say KAM farm pack... but if it did we would all know it had Arc Trooper shards in it
    And if they'd removed LSTB from the game entirely or removed ARC Trooper as a prerequisite, you would have a point.

They didn't. They rescheduled. It happens. All scheduled events are subject to change. When it comes back, ARC Trooper will be every bit as useful toward doing the thing folks bought him for.

This is not CG being evil. This is an inconvenience following a technical issue. They already apologized. They already issued compensation.
    Still not a he.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

We don’t really know what was going to be enough to get KAM. Often times the character missions are much easier. For example, the Wat mission with Geos was much easier than the Acklay mission with Geos.

It don’t really know if that works in favor of or against the main argument here, I’m just pointing it out.

Doesnt matter. Buying Arc Trooper pack or the shard pulls only gets you the character and those few resources.

No where does it garuntee KAM shards in either the pack or the pulls.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »

It's called being a hippo crip

I hear they have blue and grey lightsabers
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    [/quote]

Doesnt matter. Buying Arc Trooper pack or the shard pulls only gets you the character and those few resources.

No where does it garuntee KAM shards in either the pack or the pulls.[/quote]

What it would have guaranteed me if they had not canceled the event, is an attempt. I didn’t get that.

You can disagree and say it’s no big deal, but I think it warrants a response at a minimum. @CG_SBCrumb any chance you’ll pop your head in here to at least give a lame excuse as to why this is different than say the CHOLO situation a few years back?
  • Lrrr wrote: »
    What it would have guaranteed me if they had not canceled the event, is an attempt. I didn’t get that.

You can disagree and say it’s no big deal, but I think it warrants a response at a minimum. @CG_SBCrumb any chance you’ll pop your head in here to at least give a lame excuse as to why this is different than say the CHOLO situation a few years back?
    "Would have guaranteed" means it didn't guarantee. And it was not guaranteed because the schedule is, as always, subject to change.

And in a few days when the event starts back up, ARC Trooper will remain a specific requirement for the event.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    No. No, you did not. There was nothing in that pack labeled, "ability to start unlocking KAM." You bought shards and gear and crystals, but not "ability to start unlocking KAM." And you got exactly what you paid for. You kept exactly what you paid for. You didn't lose any of it. It's still useful. And it will still be usable when the event is rescheduled.

Not to mention that if his guild focuses on the territories in the chain, they can unlock the territory with that SM as long as they don't spread the deployment.

Now, how many of his guild will be sporting that Shaak Ti team at R7 anytime in the next six months... not to mention that we have no actual evidence that the Shaak Ti team will be able to beat the SM at the current power ceiling...
  • DrPaedan wrote: »
    If they don’t fix the Turret bug (not counting as 501st thus disrupting GAS’ kit) soon I will ask for a full refund for what I put on my ARC Trooper (mine is Relic 7).

Something is not a hug because you say so.