Dooku's possible multiple attacks/counter bug

Kaninchen
78 posts Member
edited March 2016
THIS IS NOT A NERF TOPIC.

I was fighting in GW (or Arena, can't remember) yesterday and thought I saw a possibile bug.

I was running Phasma (L), Poe and Lumi (the others aren't important).

Poe was taunting when I attacked Dooku with Phasma, which triggered an assist from Lumi. Then Dooku did as following:

1. Countered Phasma;
2. Countered Lumi;
3. Attacked/Countered Phasma (didn't notice which one he did);
4. Attacked Poe.

The problem is that I didn't understand his 3rd attack (on Phasma). It couldn't have been a normal attack, as Poe was tauting (as was attacked right after) and a counter doesn't make sense, as he had already countered Phasma.

Does anyone know what happened?

It is possible I let something pass during the battle, but I thought it would be nice if people payed attention to this.

I will try to test it again today.

Cheers.

Replies

• Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think it was a second counter on phasma. I noticed if the enemy had an assist, Dookus counters go out of order. I think he could have gotten another bonus attack too if you rolled it, so it would have gone

Counter phasma
    Counter Lumi
    Counter phasma again
    Counter Lumi again
    Attack poe
    Bonus attack poe
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • I think it was a second counter on phasma. I noticed if the enemy had an assist, Dookus counters go out of order.

This would make sense. So instead of:

1. Counter Phasma
    2. Bonus attack on Phasma
    3. Counter Lumi
    4. Attack Poe

He did:

1. Counter Phasma;
    2. Counter Lumi;
    3. Bonus attack on Phasma
    4. Attack Poe.

In this case the bug is in the order of the attacks, not in the attack itself.

• Dooku bonus attacks and counters have a 25% chance to gain 45% TM so yeah he can attack 4, 5, 6 times in a row with the RNG gods on his side. Luckily he hits like a mosquito or he'd be seriously OP. He's just pesky at the moment.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    If Dooku gets a bonus attack on his first counter (assist) he will counter first, then do his bonus attacks. FWIW, I've used Dooku since december and I have never seen him bonus attack off his second counter. I have seen him counter 3 times ( attack, assist, phasma proc ) and during that time he still only attacked 4x. (don't even ask how he lived, I'm positive he had 1 hp).
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    I've seen it as well, it's a bonus counter attack. I watched his TM go up.
  • I had an issue like this.. Dooku when four times in a row with my team. I don't know if it's supposed to be there or not.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It's not a bug. It's working as intended. It's just the order I how the counters played out seems weird.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think some people don't get what OP is saying (or I didnt get it) but I think he means the order of counter attacks.
    Like: enemy lumi hits my dooku and phasma assists lumi. So Dooku just got hit by Lumi and phasma which means the order will be: counter on Lumi, counter on phasma. Now with bonus attacks on Lumi it looks like: counter Lumi, counter Phasma, bonuscounter Lumi.

Now if Dooku would bonus attack both Lumi and Phasma (lucky dooku) it would be like this:

- Dooku counters Lumi, Dooku counters Phasma, Dooku bonus hits Lumi again, Dooku bonus hits Phasma again.
    - @Kaninchen does this make sense?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Yeah, that was my doubt.

I thought Dooku should counter Phasma, bonus attack Phasma, counter Lumi and bonus attack Lumi.

Instead he countered Phasma, countered Lumi and bonus attacked Phasma.

I think the order of countering / bonus attacking is currently weird.

But, well, at least I understood now what happened.

Thank you!
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    It's also hard to track with his turn meter increase for hitting out of turn. It's possible the third hit on dooku was his turn. If he countered twice then that's 80 percent turn meter.
  • Asic wrote: »
    It's also hard to track with his turn meter increase for hitting out of turn. It's possible the third hit on dooku was his turn. If he countered twice then that's 80 percent turn meter.

It couldn't have been that, as Poe was taunting. If it was Dooku's turn, he should've hit Poe instead of Phasma.