Journey Guide is wrong

(This time written in a more civil way so that it doesn't get deleted)

Taking Han's Millennium Falcon as an example.

The 'requirements' are listed as 7*. But for this event you can unlock at 5*, and upgrade at 6* and again at 7*. It is a multi-tiered event... you can do Teir 1 with 1* BH ships, Tier 2 with 2* BH ships, etc.

So listed the 'requirements' as 7* is misleading, and will cause new players who don't know better, and who count on the journey guide to do what it is intended to do (help them prepare for events) to miss out on all of the valuable crystals and fleet currency, as well as the 5* unlock and 6* promotion, because they will wait until they have 7* BH ships to attempt the event, because 7* is listed as the REQUIREMENT.

Why not have the requirements listed to be what you need to completed the NEXT stage of the event? So if you have completed Tier 3, then the requirements would be 4* BH ships. Listing the requirements as 7* is misleading, and does not help new players unlock the ships/characters. In fact, it promotes missing out on valuable 5* unlocks.

In short, the listed requirements for multi-tiered events are simply wrong.

Replies

• I get the point. Perhaps they could add a "5* required for unlock".

But perhaps people could also just enter the event and see for themselves? Its just one click away
  • Wouldn't new players going into each quest check the requirements needed to see if they can do it for each tier?
    I know I can't do half of them, but I still checked them out.
  • You must think quite lowly of new players' mental capacity if you assume they are unable to click the 'Go to event button' to see all tiers of the event before actually farming BH ships to 7*.
  • You must think quite lowly of new players' mental capacity if you assume they are unable to click the 'Go to event button' to see all tiers of the event before actually farming BH ships to 7*.

Have you read some of the posts on these forums? And many from experienced players? The OP makes a valid point. As is typically the case, the wording is confusing at best and needs to be cleaned up a bit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The UI should show the next star unlock (1-7) so if you're at tier 4, it will show a 5* requirement. Then have 1-7 marks beneath the number to show what tier you are at and how many tiers are left. For example, a player that hasn't begun any will show the starting tier at 1 and have 1 of 7 dots/marks lit up to show which tier of max tiers they can complete. It could also help having marks to show specifically what tier you are on and which ones you can complete. This also prevents confusion between legendaries, journies etc since the number of marks signifies the star unlocks and number of tiers.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    So what exactly is the point of listing requirements, if they are not right?

In the case of the Millennium Falcon event, my screen is like this:

sv5tyy13o8vc.png

It's not about making assumptions of the mental capacity of players. I can unlock and get a 6* ship, but the requirements listed indicate that I do not qualify for the event.

If you needed 7* 14,700 GP separatist droids for the GAS event, and yours were 6*, and the event screen showed that your toons are in red, like in my screenshot above, indicating that they do not qualify, would you go into the event to see if you can actually do it just in case? Or would you believe that the listed requirements are correct?

It's very simple. Cut and dry. The listed requirements are wrong and misleading, and could cause people to miss out of valuable 5* unlocks and the crystals, gear, and other rewards that you get for completing the tiers of the events. I just don't see how it is possible to defend this.
  • As far as i remember from other ppl it was like that before as well,it said you werent meeting the requirements but if you went there you could do the event fine,i just unlocked it finally at 5 stars yesterday,it works ok,if only those misleading Info about it.
  • And if you're below level 85 you can't participate in the legendary events unless you have all needed chars at 7*
  • Sanderzas wrote: »
    And if you're below level 85 you can't participate in the legendary events unless you have all needed chars at 7*

yikes
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    So what exactly is the point of listing requirements, if they are not right?

In the case of the Millennium Falcon event, my screen is like this:

sv5tyy13o8vc.png

It's not about making assumptions of the mental capacity of players. I can unlock and get a 6* ship, but the requirements listed indicate that I do not qualify for the event.

If you needed 7* 14,700 GP separatist droids for the GAS event, and yours were 6*, and the event screen showed that your toons are in red, like in my screenshot above, indicating that they do not qualify, would you go into the event to see if you can actually do it just in case? Or would you believe that the listed requirements are correct?

It's very simple. Cut and dry. The listed requirements are wrong and misleading, and could cause people to miss out of valuable 5* unlocks and the crystals, gear, and other rewards that you get for completing the tiers of the events. I just don't see how it is possible to defend this.
    You have a point, I think the requirements should display the lowest tier needed to activate the character or ship (5* for Falcons case)
  • It is just their way of letting new players know that anything less than 7* is pretty much useless for the majority of the game.