massive GP boost - bug or "feature"

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I guess this is how we all end up at 12+million GP to take on Geo LS TB. :D

Lol.. That's a good point though!
  • I am pretty sure we had something simillar happen when we changed from the old character strength to the GP System...they are definitly setting up a change to the System, wich could easily mess up everything. TB'S, TW'S, GAC
  • Just for gits and shiggles I updated my barely geared Sith assassin ship. On the ships screen my GP went up by 2000. But on the stats screen it went up over 100000. It’s a bug 😂
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    definitely an unexplained increase to everyone's ship gp today. 140k gp for me, others in guild see it as well. just compare your .gg page from yesterday to what your ship gp is right now.

Though this seems to be a bug, as the in game stats page does not match the in game inventory pages...

I think this means this might ruin .gg website accuracy for ship gp for guilds for quite a while until several new ships are added to allow legit numbers to surpass the fake ones added today.
    Post edited by shhfiftyfive on
  • StoemKnight
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I noticed 7:45am CDT and took a screenshot of our GP from 10 hrs prior at 230.8M guild GP.

I sync'd our swgoh.gg page and it went to a current GP of 234.9M at that time.

I have been refreshing our swgoh.gg page about every 20 mins and it's been going up 100-200k+ everytime.
    (I have 490 syncs left for today..)

8:00am CDT - 234.9M GP
    8:30am - 235.6M
    9:00am - 236.3M
    9:30am - 236.9M
    10:00am - 237.6M
    10:30am - 237.8M
    11:00am - 238.3M
    11:30am - 238.7M
    12:00pm - 238.5M *
    12:30pm - 238.8M
    1:00pm - 235.7M
    1:30pm - 234.7M
    2:00pm - 233.7M
    2:30pm - 233.2M
    3:00pm - 232.3M
    3:30pm - 231.6M
    Post edited by StoemKnight on
  • No further investigation necessary, just refresh your ship battles and watch your right-most opponent change by 40k GP before your eyes. Up and down.
  • I’m experiencing this GP jump in fleet as well. While in Fleet Arena, every time I refresh my opponents GP changes. It is affecting the outcome of the battle as well
  • We definitely gained a lot with legendary and falcon unlocks and upgrades. However, there's obviously a bug with the instantly changing GP. The "refresh fleet arena" trick to randomly change opponent gp is crazy to watch.

I suspect the bug came in with the journey guide, so it shouldn't affect TW.
  • Our guild was 196m gp last night. Currently at 204m
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • The question is.. will the fake GP count for GAC? I'm right under div1 - 4,45M. But my profile shows 4,65M.
  • Bartek wrote: »
    The question is.. will the fake GP count for GAC? I'm right under div1 - 4,45M. But my profile shows 4,65M.

I have the same question. ~12 hours ago I was at 4.435m, and I’m currently sitting at 4.577m. So will I be correctly placed in Div 2, or erroneously placed in Div 1 because of this bug?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It's gotten to the point where I know longer wonder if a new update will be bugged or not....now the only question is always just "How?"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Everything seems to check out. Guess I won't be climbing today in FA.

oaw67n8b0i5u.jpg
  • Someone found out that your ship GP goes up every-time you log in.
    gpmgf8f7wchq.png
  • I bet its the HD Bundle. Might be adding ALL the shards to GP even if we have X character 5*
  • It's all players, regardless of what they've bought, unlocked, geared, how many times they've logged in, etc.
  • This will have an influence on a lot of things, mainly it will surprise some in fleet arena but then question is which number will be taken into consideration for TW / GAC.

Plus how will the counter go for TB fleet deployments???
    Especially now with LSTB coming up?
    I smell free rewards again and next dark side geo tb is late march 2020
  • They need to fix this. The GP is raising all the time so players will end up in higher brackets even if in reality they are way under the thresholds.
  • Jim644
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    My guild has gained over 10 million in last 12 hours. We had several guys buy the hyperdrive bundle and upgrade lots of stuff but also noticing in fleet arena some fleets showing massive inflation.... 650mil gp rebel fleets for instance
  • I see a lot of new 600+k teams in fleet arena and I am starting to affraid of them. :)
  • It's going down now.

Guild GP dropped 200k in the last 30 mins.
  • maybe it somehow is tied in to ppl replaying the events via journey guide?
  • It's going down now.

Guild GP dropped 200k in the last 30 mins.

Ours dropped a little over 200k a little while ago but when I looked again it went up by another 500k....

• Just go to fleet arena, and hit refresh. Your opponent’s fleet GP will change on every refresh. It is funny to see that. Something is definitely wrong with fleet GP, good it is not used for TW or GAC matchmaking now, and no TB is live so it doesn’t screw planning. It’d better be fixed ASAP before GAC or TB.