Cheating in SWGOH

Prev1
There is a lot of debate about release of the combat logs to swgoh.gg. People seem to mind it a lot.

Personally I think it a good way to filter out cheaters, I'm shocked about how much cheating is done in this game.... I was under impression that CG is doing something about it.... silly me... maybe the release of the logs is the way to go, it will certainly change some things....

Anyway back to the topic. question for the @moderators who do we message when we want to report a cheater: @CG_LucifersDaddy or @CG_Leviathan?

Some examples:
hidhuuvtjeaq.png

And this is from my last Gac:
oky4ucbtw5mi.png

His team
dasz32k3nqd5.png

my GG
sstcd0ca7py9.png

Replies

• The first one is definitely suspect, but Bast is a hard counter to GG. I wouldn’t have tried it short handed, but that one’s probable.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • First one is suspect but not impossible; especially if FTP really got going. Second one is actually more than likely; Bastila is a hard counter.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    but Bast is a hard counter to GG. I wouldn’t have tried it short handed, but that one’s probable.
    A hard counter for the first turn until protection up wears off. Had it been JKR I could actually believe it, but R7 GG with proper modding should eat up a full G12 Bastila team, especially when the jedi team is short handed.

Without knowing all the information, the Clone battle might have been a clean up, though.
  • The top one, have you scrolled down to see if he attacked with another team first? Then sent in those two to clean up?

It's not the clearest layout.
  • @UdalCuain that was his one and only fight :), as for the hard counter @Exletion I agree, but make sure for next gac to use this setup its working like a charm you will not lose protection at all as you can see against GG :D

He won r7 GG using undersized G12 **** team with Ezra...

This were only some examples of the fights I just wanted to have confirmation who to msg about it or we should do it publicly and share ingame ID of the cheaters and screenshots....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Report A Potential Cheater: If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_Lucifer'sDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Without know more about how the log works, it is possible that the first example depicted there could have been a cleanup team.

I agree that the second team could be a legit win also. (This is going to be a nee challenge with this log.....)
  • Against that grievious team the protection would wear off pretty quickly, even if it had gmy as a fifth it’s not a guaranteed win. Not enough damage output no matter how good the mods are. Opponent definitely cheated. Glad cg added this to the game and made it public.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Stats ,gear lvl , character lvl ,zetas mods , none of these things are being shown in regards to your clone team, who is to say that your clone team had a lower gp than the 2 empire troops.

Made a post yesterday showing a picture of me beating a BH team with just daka and Talia , if you look at the pic it looks like cheating then you find out that the total Team gp for that BH team was under 15k as only one character wasn't g1 lvl1
  • Exletion wrote: »
    First one is suspect but not impossible; especially if FTP really got going. Second one is actually more than likely; Bastila is a hard counter.

I agree about Bastila being a hard counter - but not against that relic level GG, and not without out losing protection.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Exletion wrote: »
    First one is suspect but not impossible; especially if FTP really got going. Second one is actually more than likely; Bastila is a hard counter.

I agree about Bastila being a hard counter - but not against that relic level GG, and not without out losing protection.

Yea, I’ve been unable to use a g12 bastila Jedi team as a hard counter to r7 GG teams. It works at low relic levels (and especially with no other relic toons), but at r7, GG wipes out my Jedi before I can get more than 2 droids down. I can’t even burn down GG after marking him.
  • OP, you're sure those were both first time battles? The way the battle logs work, sometimes earlier battles can be up top if they battled others and came back to clean up. Feel comfortable enough to provide your .gg link so we can all peruse?
  • 4xudarnik
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    OP, you're sure those were both first time battles? The way the battle logs work, sometimes earlier battles can be up top if they battled others and came back to clean up. Feel comfortable enough to provide your .gg link so we can all peruse?

That’s probably what it is.... has to be. (Unless cheating)

Which brings up a bigger point: How many false accusations did CG have to sift through? No wonder they dumped all the info into our laps.

@TheRHOMBUS

I would not be posting this if I was not sure.

Here is the link of his acc you can check him out.
    [Removed, naming and shaming isn't permitted. ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The match you call into question was clean up. No leader and 2 toons with barely any health.

n8no6ehnggf5.jpg

Edit: Adding specific link for anyone else who wants to check it out: [Removed as it contains usernames ~Rtas]
  • The first one is definitely suspect, but Bast is a hard counter to GG. I wouldn’t have tried it short handed, but that one’s probable.

Without Yoda? Umm... Yea no.
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Also worth noting that he/she uses a similar 4 person jedi squad to take out GG led sep droids in almost every match. Unless they are very fond of the same specific cheat, it must an effective counter.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The match you call into question was clean up. No leader and 2 toons with barely any health.

n8no6ehnggf5.jpg

Edit: Adding specific link for anyone else who wants to check it out: [Removed]

Goodlord what are the gear levels on that guys DR team? DR trio smoked it.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
  • 4xudarnik
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    @Citadel_of_Ricks you do play the game? :smiley:

You can check the gear and modsof both players :) no matter the clean up i would love to see how those two can clean up echo with TM not mentioning the boost :)

Anyway, his points are questionable as well scorring every fight between 1920 and 1930 with losses reported. But we have CG for that i guess.
  • 4xudarnik wrote: »
    @Citadel_of_Ricks you do play the game? :smiley:

You can check the gear and modsof both players :) no matter the clean up i would love to see how those two can clean up echo with TM not mensoning the boost :)

Anyway, his points are questionable as well scorring every fight between 1920 and 1930 with losses reportet. But we have CG for that i guess.

No, I don't play, I just like posting to random forums.

Without a leader, they would be significantly easier.

We only know what gear levels look like now, not 2 weeks ago.

I'm not saying there wasn't cheating, but it is not as you originally posted, first attempt win with Shore and Death over a full Clone squad.
  • 4xudarnik
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Where did I posted that? Check my post i just posted another questionable fight he made.

Bigger problem is from what i can see, cheaters are squeezing "questionable" fights between real ones, so you catch your self wondering... i guess cheaters got smarter as well.

I do agree that there will be lot of people with false accusations but still its the way to move forward and i guess some will stop cheating.

To lose acc over 2 years old its not worth it....
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    The top one, have you scrolled down to see if he attacked with another team first? Then sent in those two to clean up?

It's not the clearest layout.
    4xudarnik wrote: »
    @UdalCuain that was his one and only fight :), as for the hard counter @Exletion I agree, but make sure for next gac to use this setup its working like a charm you will not lose protection at all as you can see against GG :D

He won r7 GG using undersized G12 **** team with Ezra...

This were only some examples of the fights I just wanted to have confirmation who to msg about it or we should do it publicly and share ingame ID of the cheaters and screenshots....

Here is where you posted the top one was his one and only fight. It wasn't.
  • 4xudarnik
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    My bad man, wasnt looking that good it seems, anyway was refering to my original post and i guess my comment is changing the fact, maybe he did not cheated ;)
  • 4xudarnik wrote: »
    My bad man, wasnt looking that good it seems, anyway was refering to my original post and i guess my comment is changing the fact, maybe he did not cheated ;)

No worries, it is definitely a layout issue. They could put a number next to each battle showing which attempt it is (computerz!) and that would clean up a lot of confusion with that interface.

Again, not saying some of those battles aren't fishy, but we don't know what gear people had two weeks ago when they actually took place and that top one looks way more realistic knowing none of the toons were relics (they still aren't), they had no leader and minimal synergy and two were one shot away from going down.
  • Yea its just another random screenshot i took, if you checked his acc you will see there is plenty to go around, its not even the fight he had against me.

Anyway, i see this logs as a good thing, and as every new addition it will need some time to get fully sorted out.

Only thing I wonder... how can "TI" hide their "special teams and counters" from all uf us now :)
  • Funny how people think that an undersized g12 Bast team without GMY could defeat a solid GG team.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg