Retiring first order toons

Prev1
With the release of hux and soon that first order sith trooper which first order toons are gonna faze out of use? My guess is definetly phasma as her skills are dated and first order officer with maybe first order stormtrooper. Is regular kylo ten still worth gearing up and what about executioner? Will kylo unmasked stay relevant as a leader now that hux is out?

Replies

• Useful IMO,

Hux, ST, KRU, KR & either stormtrooper or executioner

KR gives loads of TM so hes a must
  • Yes, Phasma has long been irrelevant. I'm thinking FOO is out since he was just there to feed TM to zylo and he may be out also since trooper is an attacker. KRU will probably still be needed as a tank and he can cleanse which is very useful.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • You will need them all for an event, probably with relics. I doubt you are retiring any of them.
  • You will need them all for an event, probably with relics. I doubt you are retiring any of them.

I doubt u nee...

Nvm I just realised they could use different factions comps for different tiers rip.
  • There's 10 now, you can make two teams.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    There's 10 now, you can make two teams.

^
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I like having two offensive FO teams, the second one being Hux (L) + Phasma + FOTP + FOO + FOST
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ya all not thinking outside the box on FOO hux and thrawn all being on same team for those thinking FOO is going anywhere....... ON D yeah better options..... on O dear lord yes FOO
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    With the release of hux and soon that first order sith trooper which first order toons are gonna faze out of use? My guess is definetly phasma as her skills are dated and first order officer with maybe first order stormtrooper. Is regular kylo ten still worth gearing up and what about executioner? Will kylo unmasked stay relevant as a leader now that hux is out?

I'll be running with KRU, FOX, SFTFP, FO Sith Trooper, FOTP/FOST. Hux exists for the event and his silly ship. Testing will tell the tale, but let's say Hux lead, it'll be Hux, KRU, FOX, FOSFTFP, FO Sith Trooper. The synergy with Hux and SFTFP and FOX is pretty awesome.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »

I'll be running with KRU, FOX, SFTFP, FO Sith Trooper, FOTP/FOST. Hux exists for the event and his silly ship. Testing will tell the tale, but let's say Hux lead, it'll be Hux, KRU, FOX, FOSFTFP, FO Sith Trooper. The synergy with Hux and SFTFP and FOX is pretty awesome.

Huxs benefit is he can be on any team with his TM lock if you can protect him...... FOO and hux sneak in thrawn and FOX can prob have 8 attacks in one round at R7 fox be puttin hurtin on ppl lol

Heck kru zylo foo hux FOX alone with TM gains from crits and passing turns FOX should decimate.....
  • Did ever First Order fans care about others who don't understand what they are talking about? :)
    At the beginning of the game I had no idea what does FOO, FOST, KRU mean... A list of abbreviations would be great, even within the game or here.

Btw, which 5 FO toons have the easiest way to farm? They didn't really care about me so far but now I have to farm them.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Be nice if sith trooper got ship with FO tag and sith tag. Sith ships feel like maybe one/two ships from being top tier they just missing offense i think something to get around HT...... hmm then again with the new capitals one/two sith ships wont do it..... the would need a sith capital to be solid
  • Olderaan wrote: »
    Did ever First Order fans care about others who don't understand what they are talking about? :)
    At the beginning of the game I had no idea what does FOO, FOST, KRU mean... A list of abbreviations would be great, even within the game or here.

Btw, which 5 FO toons have the easiest way to farm? They didn't really care about me so far but now I have to farm them.

KRU = Kylo Ren (Unmasked)
    Kylo = Kylo Ren
    FOO = First Order Officer
    FOST = FO Stormtrooper
    FO-X = FOX = FO Executioner
    FOSFTFP = FOSFTP = FO SF Tie Pilot
    FOTP = FO Tie Pilot

As far as easiest to farm, FOX, KRU, Phasma are very, very easy and available really early in the game. FOO isn't hard, but again viability is everything. SFTFP and FOTP are used with ships and available in the shops, very easy to get those done as well as their ships over time (because you're not spending cantina or yellow energy to get them). I'd also suggest FOST or Kylo, about the same difficulty it just really depends on what you're farming. You need FOST, Kylo, Phasma for a ship as well.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Huxs benefit is he can be on any team with his TM lock if you can protect him...... FOO and hux sneak in thrawn and FOX can prob have 8 attacks in one round at R7 fox be puttin hurtin on ppl lol

Heck kru zylo foo hux FOX alone with TM gains from crits and passing turns FOX should decimate.....

To me, his only benefit is increased damage and I expect supreme leader kylo to kick Hux to the curb (in the movie and in game).
  • Thank you.
    And what about Snoke? He will be a Galactic Legend?
  • Six older FO toons are also pilots (including dreaded Phasma). Since we don't know anything about incoming FO fleet it's a little early to assume anything about who is worth to gear up.
    Thank you.

Snoke whos that? The old guy who did nothing then just died?
    Thank you.

Snoke whos that? The old guy who did nothing then just died?

Yeah that loser lol
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The whole sequel trilogy is full of incomprehensibility, inconsistencies, missed opportunities.
    - Introduce a new villain then kill him in the middle without any explanation about his origin.
    - Thereafter bring back the dead old villain to increase cinema tickets.
    - Set up a relationship between the 2 main characters then destroy it. How interesting it would have been for Rey to join Kylo, what a cliffhanger!
    - Bring back the all time favorite characters and missed the oppurtunity to reunite them, then kill them all in a row.
    - The most iconic and optimistic character try to kill his nephew then turn in to a hermit cut off from the Force.
    - Gravity bombers in space. Hyperdrive as a superweapon. Mary Sue without training. Ackbar is gone offscreen. SJW identity politics overwrite storytelling and character development. White man bad. Flying space lady without any respect of the character and as well the actress.
    Not going on, lots of problems with that. :(
    The whole sequel trilogy is full of incomprehensibility, inconsistencies, missed opportunities.
    - Introduce a new villain than kill him in the middle without any explanation about his origin.
    - Set up a relationship between the 2 main characters than destroy it. How interesting it would have been for Rey to join Kylo, what a cliffhanger!
    - Bring back the all time favorite characters and missed the oppurtunity to reunite them, than kill them all in a row.
    - Gravity bombers in space. Hyperdrive as a superweapon. Mary Sue without training. Ackbar is gone offscreen. SJW identity politics overwrite storytelling and character development. White man bad. Flying space lady without any respect of the character and as well the actress.

You forgot to mention the fact that Han Solo, Chewie and Luke all gave up on life and fled once Ben turned to the darkside.

Yup, Han Solo just gives up on his son and goes back to smuggling. Further to that, he sucks at it as not just one, but two former business partners want him dead.

Luke, the guy who surrendered himself to the empire in order to enter a death star alone and rescue his father. Yep he turns tail and runs to hide too. But it was all worth it cause of the hilarious scene where he receives the light sabre from Mary Sue and throws it away.
  • Yeah, the list can goes on and on
  • With Hux now available, I’ve been trying Hux (L), KyloUM, FOEX, FOTP and FOST.

Reason why I’m using this squad???, Hux and his Counters at 100% ( Squad based ), KyloUM absorbing DMG ( his Taunt ), FOST as a back up Taunter ( comes in handy believe it or not ) and assist ( need zeta ), while FOTP and FOEX just destroys them.

Having Hux 50% crit dmg really boost FOEX and FOTP output.
    - Introduce a new villain then kill him in the middle without any explanation about his origin.
    - Set up a relationship between the 2 main characters then destroy it. How interesting it would have been for Rey to join Kylo, what a cliffhanger!
    - Bring back the all time favorite characters and missed the oppurtunity to reunite them, then kill them all in a row.
    - The most iconic and optimistic character try to kill his nephew then turn in to a hermit cut off from the Force.

Personally, I still defend Episode 7, which was watchable. Yes... it was an hommage to episode 4, but he even said that this was what he tried to achieve. The only thing I thought wasn‘t well thought out was the mind trick she used and that there was no training at all... (all older SW characters kind of stumbled, failed, lost something for some time... but nor the Mary Sue that doesn‘t accept Mary Sue-hood although she is a prime example).
    The main problem ist Episode 8 which twisted lore and characters in an almost pervasive way.
    Luke, symbol of hope thinks about killing his nephew after a force vision, while he tried everything to redeem his established evil right hand of the emperor kind of father?

Gravity bombs are actually plausible: they might be propelled downwards and in space fall in a straight line. Doesn‘t make a lot of sense, but works theoretically. Wanna know what doesn‘t work? Arcing siege lasers *facepalm*... following a far smaller fleet with no hyperdrive capability with a massive fleet instead of jumping ahead of them, in a pincer attack.... a using hyperdrive as a suicide attack method...
    that turns EVERY general from episode 1 to 7 into stupid ****. Tarkin Doctrine of massive star destroyers? ****.... and the most stupid of them all: separatists... mass produced droids, instead they could used some of the resources for hyperdrive capable vessels and have droid controlled suicide bombers which are expendable.... the rebels, a desperate group that used guerilla tactics... some brave souls and one A-, Y- or X-wing is a destroyed Star Destroyer (similar size as Raddus vs Supremacy...) Rian Johnson reportedly ditched everything to quote “realize his own vision“ of a Star Wars movie...
    If it wasn‘t an established universe with lots of lore and a single movie it would‘ve been great. Despite everything the hyperjump kamikaze is audio-visual phenomenally crafted... it just doesn‘t fit.
    I also cannot identify with Rey... she is pure feminism: women can do everything and are best at everything even without training... don‘t get me wrong... I like strong female characters... but I like them because they struggle and have to fight, which is true for male leads as well. If they do everything as easily as Rey they‘re boring too....
    Last but not least... leave politics out of Star Wars.... it‘s the battle between good and evil with clearly defined characters... based of heroic stories of old. We don‘t need: weapon dealers provide weapons and ships to both sides crap... that‘s not Star Wars...

Back to topic:
    I think I will run KRU, FOSiT, KR, FOTP/FOX and HUX. I believe the TM gain through Kylo‘s second is too valuable.

You mean like the Emperor? Who got exactly 7 minutes and 15 seconds of screentime in the OT (source = IMDb)? Really enough time to flesh out a backstory there. Oh, and just for fun Snoke has 6:45 in screentime in 7 and 8 combined. Snoke wasn't the "new villian", he was just a copy of Palpatine, the figurehead of a new group to represent evil.

Miketo28 wrote: »

Yup, Han Solo just gives up on his son and goes back to smuggling. Further to that, he sucks at it as not just one, but two former business partners want him dead.

Shocking, after his son betrayed his own family and fell to the darkside, Han solo was extremely depressed and went back to the one job he has ever had: smuggling. Oh, and was he ever really been good at smuggling? Everyone wanted him dead in the OT. Did you forget that the first time we meet him he is killing of a hired gun? Hell, even his "friend" Lando betrayed him. Must have been a great smuggler.

Cossin wrote: »
    Last but not least... leave politics out of Star Wars.... it‘s the battle between good and evil with clearly defined characters... based of heroic stories of old. We don‘t need: weapon dealers provide weapons and ships to both sides crap... that‘s not Star Wars...

You do realize that most of Star Wars has been a political commentary right? Like you are aware that it has always had politics in it?The prequels are essentially a political drama between the republic, sepratists, and the Jedi.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • With all the discussion of FOO being obsolete, I would disagree. I've been playing around with FOO and hux and they build off each other. Here's how the last battle went: 1) kru did his big stun, 2) hux mass assisted, 3) FOO gave the turn back to hux, 4) hux did reset cooldowns and gave bonus turn to kru who did his big stun again, then thrawn went and gave bonus turn to FOO who did his special and reduced everyone's cooldowns by one. Then the 3 opponent dudes went. Came back to hux and he does his mass assist. Foo goes and gives bonus turn to hux who now resets kru and kru does his third big stun. Oh and somewhere in there fox is beating down folks.

Leave it to toxic SW fans to turn a strategy/viability thread into an excuse to whine about why they didn't like The Last Jedi, two years after it came out.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Happens every time.
  • Cossin wrote: »
    Olderaan wrote: »

Personally, I still defend Episode 7, which was watchable. Yes... it was an hommage to episode 4, but he even said that this was what he tried to achieve. The only thing I thought wasn‘t well thought out was the mind trick she used and that there was no training at all... (all older SW characters kind of stumbled, failed, lost something for some time... but nor the Mary Sue that doesn‘t accept Mary Sue-hood although she is a prime example).
    The main problem ist Episode 8 which twisted lore and characters in an almost pervasive way.
    Luke, symbol of hope thinks about killing his nephew after a force vision, while he tried everything to redeem his established evil right hand of the emperor kind of father?

Gravity bombs are actually plausible: they might be propelled downwards and in space fall in a straight line. Doesn‘t make a lot of sense, but works theoretically. Wanna know what doesn‘t work? Arcing siege lasers *facepalm*... following a far smaller fleet with no hyperdrive capability with a massive fleet instead of jumping ahead of them, in a pincer attack.... a using hyperdrive as a suicide attack method...
    that turns EVERY general from episode 1 to 7 into stupid ****. Tarkin Doctrine of massive star destroyers? ****.... and the most stupid of them all: separatists... mass produced droids, instead they could used some of the resources for hyperdrive capable vessels and have droid controlled suicide bombers which are expendable.... the rebels, a desperate group that used guerilla tactics... some brave souls and one A-, Y- or X-wing is a destroyed Star Destroyer (similar size as Raddus vs Supremacy...) Rian Johnson reportedly ditched everything to quote “realize his own vision“ of a Star Wars movie...
    If it wasn‘t an established universe with lots of lore and a single movie it would‘ve been great. Despite everything the hyperjump kamikaze is audio-visual phenomenally crafted... it just doesn‘t fit.
    I also cannot identify with Rey... she is pure feminism: women can do everything and are best at everything even without training... don‘t get me wrong... I like strong female characters... but I like them because they struggle and have to fight, which is true for male leads as well. If they do everything as easily as Rey they‘re boring too....

All of this ☝️

But the worst was what they did with Leia. Not only would it have been a good way for Leia to die, but would also make it so they won't have to use stock footage of Carrie Fisher to do... Stuff? Not exactly sure what she can do now...
    I'm by no means a fan of the new trilogy... It had so much potential if they had followed the story arc created from the first (original) trilogy.
    I liked the concept of Rey... But they made unrealistic and unidentifiable, imo, to the female audience they were attempting to attract... Personally I think they should have made her character more like Ahsoka's.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Ya all not thinking outside the box on FOO hux and thrawn all being on same team for those thinking FOO is going anywhere....... ON D yeah better options..... on O dear lord yes FOO

This guy gets it
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    @Cossin

"Last but not least... leave politics out of Star Wars.... it‘s the battle between good and evil with clearly defined characters... based of heroic stories of old. We don‘t need: weapon dealers provide weapons and ships to both sides crap... that‘s not Star Wars..."

You're entitled to whether or not you like Ep 8, but this one point really fails to stick your landing. I just gotta ask:

Did you even watch the Prequels? Or a single episode of The Clone Wars? They were political dramas dressed up with CGI battles in between.

Here's the opening crawl for The Phantom Menace to refresh your memory:

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute.
    Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo.
    While the congress of the Republic endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict....