New player got Hyper Drive. Help advise on what's next to not waste time and resources.

I have been playing about 3 weeks and just got the hyperdrive bundle as starting out were I am deemed like a deal I couldn't pass up, now though it's like everything is open and no direction like when you naturally grind to get to this point and build teams through trial and error.

I went and got all the extra characters I could like Yoda, Tharwn, R2D2, Palpatine, been going and doing all the mod challenges, canteen, light side, dark side, fleet to get 3 stars and the rewards, starting to do arena all 5 times rather then just the two to get rewards ( trying to figure out the you have X time to do this when you start to get better crystal thing as I don't know when the time starts or ends) as I now have teams I can win with.

I was thinking of leveling Palpatine up to at least 80, maybe thrawn, and or Yoda to make a sith and jedi team but not sure if I should boost them or use what I have to boost a team I have to 85 as 2 or 3 characters from 0 to 80 whipped out the given leveling items. Little lost on team to build as sure some of the characters I really liked and helped my lower lvl team aren't visible or good and I am at that middle point were I cant go after what would be the upgraded versions of them. ( I really like Luminara Unduli, but pretty sure she's not advised to lvl or take latter on) been liking Night Sisters, Bounty Hunters, Sith, and Jedi teams.

What I see is mostly everyone saying Phoenix Squad but which one do you leave out? I usually end up just auto battle with them as they aren't my usual tank, healer, support, dual dps group or having life steal to substitute for healer, and doesn't look like theirs a war of attrition type of group so just been taking what characters I get and using the best amongst them till buying the pack.

Not expecting or wanting to get to the top any time soon, would rather enjoy characters and teams I like rather then playing a clone of like the top 20 on the leader board, I just don't want to waste resources and hit like a wall of my own creating by doing horrifically bad choices on what to do next, trying to find a balance between progressing and enjoying and a you need this team to this point to get or unlock this but going beyond that point will be a complete waste so here are the lines not to go over with these characters or teams unless you love them.

Enough trying to just get teams and progression down let alone all the mods and ships I am going to have to get and learn about as well.

Thanks for the advice and help in advance

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    [...] starting to do arena all 5 times rather then just the two to get rewards ( trying to figure out the you have X time to do this when you start to get better crystal thing as I don't know when the time starts or ends) as I now have teams I can win with.

You are rewarded according to your rank when the 24h timer reaches 0. That's your payout time. Different players on your arena shard have different payout times. Most often doing your battles shortly before your payout time will be more beneficial. If you can reach a higher reward bracket by doing a refresh, it might prove beneficial to you.
    I was thinking of leveling Palpatine up to at least 80, maybe thrawn, and or Yoda to make a sith and jedi team but not sure if I should boost them or use what I have to boost a team I have to 85 as 2 or 3 characters from 0 to 80 whipped out the given leveling items.

5 empire characters is often one of the first things to build towards. Palpatine lead, Thrawn and Vader make a good base. If you build 5 Phoenix Characters to 7* (Sabine is often left out at first) you will be able to take both Thrawn and Palpatine to 7* as well. Adding 2 more empire characters at 7* will unlock R2D2 for you, which is required later to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker (CLS). That's often one of the first milestones to reach.

Your phoenix include 2 jedi. Another jedi - Old Ben - is required at 7* to unlock CLS. If you farm 2 more jedi, you will be able to take Grand Master Yoda (GMY) to 7*. Bastilla and Jolee are great choices there, since they will also be strong in your jedi team with GMY, and they are also required to unlock another powerfull jedi - Jedi Knight Revan.

Farming those characters and teams will never be a waste of resources.

Bountyhunters and NS, which you also mentioned are also great teams. Bountyhunters unlock Chewbacca. Bountyhunter ships unlock Han's Millenium Falcon. NS don't unlock any other characters, but they have their uses in several game modes.
    Enough trying to just get teams and progression down let alone all the mods and ships I am going to have to get and learn about as well.

Mods will be very important, if you want to be competitive. They can be confusing at first, but once you get used to them, they will really make a great difference for you and your teams.

If you can get into top-50 in your fleet arena - or even higher - it will definately be worth it to invest in your pilots and ships (Phoenix, Vader, Biggs, Bountyhunters etc.). Reaching top ranks in fleet arenas is often considered to be easier than reaching top ranks in squad arenas. However, that depends on the shard of course.

Good luck - and feel free to ask for additional help at any time :-)
  • I wrote a lengthy comment which will appear after it has been approved by the mods. Which it probably never will. Must've triggered the spam filter by fixing a typo. I suggest you ask game-related questions like this on Reddit because this forum is a complete mess.
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Phoenix is a good early game team. Sabine is the 6th who gets left out usually because she takes the longest to star up. Generally you use phoenix team until your Empire team is ready. The 5 usually used there are Emperor, vader, thrawn, tarken, tie figter pilot (TFP). Royal guard often gets put in because he's a character most players get early, but he's not very good. These 5 empire characters will help you unlock R2D2, who helps you unlock CLS, after they reach 7 stars. (Note, you're on the tail end of early game since you bought the bundle)

You also got Bastilla Shan. She is an excellent Jedi lead, and once her leadership is zeta'd (more on that later) she counters Emperor/Empire teams pretty hard. Bastilla, Grand Master Yoda, Ezra, Kanan, and 1 other could make an excellent early Jedi team. Old Ben could work, but that's a very tank heavy team. Jolee would be ideal (helps you unlock Jedi Knight Revan, JKR,) but he is a hard farm.

In general, you're going to want to 7 star any character you're using and take them to at least gear 8. Phoenix team gets geared to G8 or G9, then often abandoned. (they unlock Thrawn, and generally G8 is the minimum most players need for the 7 star unlock) You'll still use them for things like Grand Arena and Territory war, but they get outclassed by a lot of teams/characters pretty quickly. You do start with a lot of clones. They're alright on their own, but they really shine with Shaak-Ti.
    Also in general, all the legendary/event characters are worth taking to G12, but you'll probably need to prioritize whichever ones are in your arena team first.
    The old farming "order" was Phoenix unlocks Emperor/Thrawn->Empire team unlocks R2D2->Commmander Luke Skywalker ||| Farm First Order to unlock BB8->JTR team ||| Others
    At that point, you start building for individual events. Revan/Darth Revan and Malak would probably be next. Followed by Bounty hunters for Chewie/BH ships for ****. Followed by Ewoks for C3P0. Nightsisters and specialized raid teams will get thrown in there somewhere also.
    Zetas are a big deal. Depending on how you do in ship arena will determine how fast you acquire them. Zetas can make a bad character good, and redefine whole teams/factions. Be careful where you put Zetas. In general, you'll want your leadership zeta'd first. There are some exceptions, but hopefully you'll know that when you see it. (example, CLS's IBAT is better than his leadership) You need to know why you're picking a zeta, don't do it just because there is a red dot that is driving you crazy.
    Warrior is a YouTuber who has a good system for farming legendary characters. "Warrior pillar system SWGOH" in youtube should get it. AnhaldT101 has some good ranking videos for characters. Decent places to pick up just general info.

A big thing if you want to be competitive, join a large guild that is as progressed as possible. This means a 45+ person guild that is doing the furthest raid progression you can. You just need a single 7 star Character to join HPit and HAAT raids, which reward you with good currency and great character shards (Han from HPit and General Kenobi from HAAT) The guild needs to be as full as possible because each member generates tickets which enable the raids to launch. The more often the raid is run, the more currency/gear/shards you get.
    edit: the **** word is the 2 letter acronym for Millennium Falcon. I am amused that the forums censored it
  • Learn about MODS before anything else, most important in the game to farm and slice em correctly.
  • Your primary resource/farming should go into the following characters.

Galactic War Store Green Gems = Biggs Darklighter, Biggs-Xwing, Wedge-Xwing, Cad Bane

Squad Store Silverbars = Kanan Jarrus, then IG-88, then Ackbar

Cantina Store Orange Coins = Boba Fett, then Chopper

Gold Energy = Bastila Shan + Jango/HoundsTooth + Bossk + Jolee + Zaalbar + Droideka/Xanadu + Poggle/IG2000 (All to 7*)

Red Energy = Jedi Anakin, Old Ben, & Ezra Bridger (Rotate through 6, then 7 stars) When done do T3M4 & Mission Vao to 7*

Fleet Tokens = Slave-1, TIE Adv x1, Ghost, Phantom

Guild Tokens = Gear + Dengar when he's up.

Use those 5* Jedi to continue to get better GM-Yoda's as you level them.

Use Yoda, Bastila, & the best 3 out of 4 remaining as your Arena team.

This will work you towards Jedi Revan & Millenium Falcon & Chewbaca which will do wonders for your Arena & Fleet.
  • I undestrand alot. But my question is:
    With this bundle I have alot toons with 5*, g8, abilities 5. Meanwhile farming, which team can i use to squad arena, galactic war, fleet arena, hoit, hstr, haat, etc.?
    Thanks in advance 😉
  • There’s a few options. If you want to 7* your thrawn and palpatine, then it would be best to max your Phoenix team first, as they can do both. This will allow you to get the most you can out of some of the easier events. It will also get you a decent start on ships, as all the Phoenix characters are pilots.

On the other hand, if you want to max out your performance in arena, galactic war, etc, you’d probably be better off going with a Jedi team. The bundle gives you a 5* Bastila, who is the best early game Jedi leader. I started playing a few months before the hyperdrive bundle came out, but my understanding is that the top arena teams in newer shards are usually Bastila Jedi squads. I don’t know what other Jedi you get with the bundle, but some good choices to fill out the team under Bastila include Ezra, jolee, old Ben, Anakin, ahsoka, and Kanan. You’ll definitely want to include gmy, who you can star up as you upgrade your other Jedi.

I don’t know if the bundle comes with any geonosians, but they’re another viable squad who have the bonus of coming with some good ships you can use to win in fleet arena. They can also be used to unlock padme, who leads and old republic team that can compete with top meta teams like Revan/Malak and gas in arena.