GP discrepancy after recent update

2Next

Replies

  • TVF
    19846 posts Member
    Any acknowledgement of this from CG?

    não
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This is going on in VIII too. See the attached screenshots of one of our members, ywayne. Both screens are showing his account: left screen is from his Inventory screen and right screen is from his Stats screenllmsrz7ft4ql.png
  • Here's four more examples. Each screenshot is showing the same account on both screens. How does a computer program screw up math?! Oh, wait... that's on the programmers; not the program.

    1x98mgurzf5y.png
    1qcxoez5vld5.png
    cargczqssnck.png
    2gs6j3bqnw9d.png
  • 6ja0qfaqo6tr.png
    rv89waqxz3ag.jpg

    @CG_SBCrumb Can we get a response to this GP display problem?
  • Light Side Geo TB is already challenging enough. Having numbers off by this amount is just going to make frustration levels even higher. Is there a root cause to the issue so we can at least try to judge or calculate ourselves.

    On the Last GeoTB, we should have had an extra star in a couple of the fleet stages based on total GP plus platoons, plus completed CMs and we were shy several million.
  • The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.
  • jkray622
    1534 posts Member
    edited January 14
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P
    Post edited by jkray622 on
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.

    Sorry, but you're completely wrong about the GA divisions and TW matching. A friend if mine was hovering 50k below the threshold between division 3&2, and this bug now caused his Max lifetime GP about 200k higher than the threshold. When the GAC season launched, he was still in div 3. It used his actual GP.

    As far as tw matching goes, after players join, their GP is locked. Nobody cares if your add mods after matchmaking - those mods won't be in the war.

    On AnswersHQ, the EA support personnel have confirmed that those numbers are purely visual and aren't used for any in game function.

    However, this is a great example of someone not understanding what those numbers do, and possibly feeling like this bug is having a negative impact on their gameplay.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.

    Sorry, but you're completely wrong about the GA divisions and TW matching. A friend if mine was hovering 50k below the threshold between division 3&2, and this bug now caused his Max lifetime GP about 200k higher than the threshold. When the GAC season launched, he was still in div 3. It used his actual GP.

    As far as tw matching goes, after players join, their GP is locked. Nobody cares if your add mods after matchmaking - those mods won't be in the war.

    On AnswersHQ, the EA support personnel have confirmed that those numbers are purely visual and aren't used for any in game function.

    However, this is a great example of someone not understanding what those numbers do, and possibly feeling like this bug is having a negative impact on their gameplay.

    First off when rosters lock was recently changed, it happens now at a different time than in the past to prevent mod cheating.

    There is conflicting info from devs then because max lifetime GP was the stat they claimed would be used for divisions when GAC was released. Now you say EA answers is saying the opposite.

    So were back to can you manipulate your GP to be in a lower division. Previously devs said no because max gp was used for divisions but that appears incorrect based on what u say ea answers says.

    So who's right?
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.

    Sorry, but you're completely wrong about the GA divisions and TW matching. A friend if mine was hovering 50k below the threshold between division 3&2, and this bug now caused his Max lifetime GP about 200k higher than the threshold. When the GAC season launched, he was still in div 3. It used his actual GP.

    As far as tw matching goes, after players join, their GP is locked. Nobody cares if your add mods after matchmaking - those mods won't be in the war.

    On AnswersHQ, the EA support personnel have confirmed that those numbers are purely visual and aren't used for any in game function.

    However, this is a great example of someone not understanding what those numbers do, and possibly feeling like this bug is having a negative impact on their gameplay.

    First off when rosters lock was recently changed, it happens now at a different time than in the past to prevent mod cheating.

    There is conflicting info from devs then because max lifetime GP was the stat they claimed would be used for divisions when GAC was released. Now you say EA answers is saying the opposite.

    So were back to can you manipulate your GP to be in a lower division. Previously devs said no because max gp was used for divisions but that appears incorrect based on what u say ea answers says.

    So who's right?

    Regardless of when the roster-lock changed happened, we are discussing current state. Therefore what I said was true and accurate.

    I'd say my friend who had actual empirical observations of the Division-setting behavior can definitively say that the "Stats page" is not used for setting your division. It uses the "live" GP version found in your inventory. He was really upset about the GP bug, until he found himself still in Div3, and realized that the Stats page (which showed his Total GP as being inside of Div2) was irrelevant.

    Players have always been able to manipulate their GP to be in a lower division. My friend stayed within 100k of the Div2/Div3 border for 6 months, removing mods off older characters for every upgrade he was willing to make. His roster was lean and mean, and he hit top 10 this time because of that.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.

    Sorry, but you're completely wrong about the GA divisions and TW matching. A friend if mine was hovering 50k below the threshold between division 3&2, and this bug now caused his Max lifetime GP about 200k higher than the threshold. When the GAC season launched, he was still in div 3. It used his actual GP.

    As far as tw matching goes, after players join, their GP is locked. Nobody cares if your add mods after matchmaking - those mods won't be in the war.

    On AnswersHQ, the EA support personnel have confirmed that those numbers are purely visual and aren't used for any in game function.

    However, this is a great example of someone not understanding what those numbers do, and possibly feeling like this bug is having a negative impact on their gameplay.

    First off when rosters lock was recently changed, it happens now at a different time than in the past to prevent mod cheating.

    There is conflicting info from devs then because max lifetime GP was the stat they claimed would be used for divisions when GAC was released. Now you say EA answers is saying the opposite.

    So were back to can you manipulate your GP to be in a lower division. Previously devs said no because max gp was used for divisions but that appears incorrect based on what u say ea answers says.

    So who's right?

    Regardless of when the roster-lock changed happened, we are discussing current state. Therefore what I said was true and accurate.

    I'd say my friend who had actual empirical observations of the Division-setting behavior can definitively say that the "Stats page" is not used for setting your division. It uses the "live" GP version found in your inventory. He was really upset about the GP bug, until he found himself still in Div3, and realized that the Stats page (which showed his Total GP as being inside of Div2) was irrelevant.

    Players have always been able to manipulate their GP to be in a lower division. My friend stayed within 100k of the Div2/Div3 border for 6 months, removing mods off older characters for every upgrade he was willing to make. His roster was lean and mean, and he hit top 10 this time because of that.

    Once your friend moved to div 2 he should never be able to fight again in division 3 is how the devs said it should work so that's what in going by
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.

    Sorry, but you're completely wrong about the GA divisions and TW matching. A friend if mine was hovering 50k below the threshold between division 3&2, and this bug now caused his Max lifetime GP about 200k higher than the threshold. When the GAC season launched, he was still in div 3. It used his actual GP.

    As far as tw matching goes, after players join, their GP is locked. Nobody cares if your add mods after matchmaking - those mods won't be in the war.

    On AnswersHQ, the EA support personnel have confirmed that those numbers are purely visual and aren't used for any in game function.

    However, this is a great example of someone not understanding what those numbers do, and possibly feeling like this bug is having a negative impact on their gameplay.

    First off when rosters lock was recently changed, it happens now at a different time than in the past to prevent mod cheating.

    There is conflicting info from devs then because max lifetime GP was the stat they claimed would be used for divisions when GAC was released. Now you say EA answers is saying the opposite.

    So were back to can you manipulate your GP to be in a lower division. Previously devs said no because max gp was used for divisions but that appears incorrect based on what u say ea answers says.

    So who's right?

    Regardless of when the roster-lock changed happened, we are discussing current state. Therefore what I said was true and accurate.

    I'd say my friend who had actual empirical observations of the Division-setting behavior can definitively say that the "Stats page" is not used for setting your division. It uses the "live" GP version found in your inventory. He was really upset about the GP bug, until he found himself still in Div3, and realized that the Stats page (which showed his Total GP as being inside of Div2) was irrelevant.

    Players have always been able to manipulate their GP to be in a lower division. My friend stayed within 100k of the Div2/Div3 border for 6 months, removing mods off older characters for every upgrade he was willing to make. His roster was lean and mean, and he hit top 10 this time because of that.

    Once your friend moved to div 2 he should never be able to fight again in division 3 is how the devs said it should work so that's what in going by

    Well, according to his GP, he should have been in div2. The fluctuations were fixed, but his stats page still showed a div 2 GP. When the GA launched he was still in div3.

    So it seems that the stats page is irrelevant with regards to division selection.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.

    Sorry, but you're completely wrong about the GA divisions and TW matching. A friend if mine was hovering 50k below the threshold between division 3&2, and this bug now caused his Max lifetime GP about 200k higher than the threshold. When the GAC season launched, he was still in div 3. It used his actual GP.

    As far as tw matching goes, after players join, their GP is locked. Nobody cares if your add mods after matchmaking - those mods won't be in the war.

    On AnswersHQ, the EA support personnel have confirmed that those numbers are purely visual and aren't used for any in game function.

    However, this is a great example of someone not understanding what those numbers do, and possibly feeling like this bug is having a negative impact on their gameplay.

    First off when rosters lock was recently changed, it happens now at a different time than in the past to prevent mod cheating.

    There is conflicting info from devs then because max lifetime GP was the stat they claimed would be used for divisions when GAC was released. Now you say EA answers is saying the opposite.

    So were back to can you manipulate your GP to be in a lower division. Previously devs said no because max gp was used for divisions but that appears incorrect based on what u say ea answers says.

    So who's right?

    Regardless of when the roster-lock changed happened, we are discussing current state. Therefore what I said was true and accurate.

    I'd say my friend who had actual empirical observations of the Division-setting behavior can definitively say that the "Stats page" is not used for setting your division. It uses the "live" GP version found in your inventory. He was really upset about the GP bug, until he found himself still in Div3, and realized that the Stats page (which showed his Total GP as being inside of Div2) was irrelevant.

    Players have always been able to manipulate their GP to be in a lower division. My friend stayed within 100k of the Div2/Div3 border for 6 months, removing mods off older characters for every upgrade he was willing to make. His roster was lean and mean, and he hit top 10 this time because of that.

    Once your friend moved to div 2 he should never be able to fight again in division 3 is how the devs said it should work so that's what in going by

    Well, according to his GP, he should have been in div2. The fluctuations were fixed, but his stats page still showed a div 2 GP. When the GA launched he was still in div3.

    So it seems that the stats page is irrelevant with regards to division selection.
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The computers aren't doing "math wrong" - this is all just a holdover from the December bug where Fleet GP was fluctuating. As the fleet GP increased, the player's Total GP also increased. The player Stats Tab constantly captures the highest value a player ever achieved - and unfortunately captured these artificially inflated Fleet & Total GPs.

    The Devs fixed the bug, so Fleet GP stopped fluctuating. Unfortunately, they DIDN'T reset the Stats tab, so players still have incorrectly captured Fleet & Total GPs. Double unfortunately, most discord bots and swgoh.gg all scrape their data from the Stats tab, meaning most of those are reporting inaccurate values (and have for the past month or so).

    The good news is that it's fairly simple to compensate for this issue and find out your guild's total Fleet GP. If you go to swgoh.gg and go to the "Galactic Power" page for your guild, you can copy/paste the players, Total GP (bugged), Character GP (accurate), and Fleet GP (bugged) into a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet.

    From there, subtract the total of the character GP from your guild's actual GP - this will quickly tell you your guild's total Fleet GP. It's pretty simple - it takes me 30 seconds to pull do it for my guild.

    So was the fix was incomplete?

    I mean how could they not forsee that they needed to reset the stats tab? There were many many posts all about how will my new GP affect GAC/TB/Matchmaking!!!
    Surely they read at least 1 post on the subject?
    They had to know?
    Right?

    I mean they would have had to be completely ignoring almost every post by players when that fiasco was happening. I personslly posted about this effecting GAC and I saw many other posts about how the fake gp would effect the future GAC and tw.

    This was the #1 topic when it happened. posts were spreading like fire on forums when GP was growing rapidly across all guilds and many comments were about future matchmaking issues.

    If the devs knew and just didnt care enough about the impact of not resetting stats tab on future players experiance then... that's pretty bad.

    If they didnt know the impact of not resetting the stats tab that's also pretty bad. For one it was discussed openly on their forums there should be some level of communication back to dev HQ. More importantly since this was the first reaction for all players who know how the game works (like GAC and matchmaking) I imagine the devs should also know how it works so "how will this effect the future matchmaking" should have been a thought devs had early on in the we need to fix this process.

    It's more likely they knew the impact of no reset but resetting the stats tab was extra work so they just didnt reset the tab and everyone who has a poor experience from extra gp just too bad for them.

    I can't say whether they realized it or not. They fixed the fluctuating GP.

    The stats page isn't used for anything in-game: not GA division, ga/tw matchmaking, or TB deployment. It's literally just a visual bug that is magnified because 3rd party bots and websites use that number for their own convenience.

    I asked them to address it in the Q&A. My question was not answered or acknowledged. It's a minor issue, but I see a lot of players lack an understanding of the stats page and can't comprehend why the numbers are different, so I think it would be better to fix it.

    Of course, resetting those stats might accidentally reset all stats. Worse ... it might accidentally grant everyone 150 extra Malak shards! :P

    The stats page is where the lifetime maximum GP stat is kept.

    This stat is used for deciding what division people are in for GAC. The reason they use highest ever GP instead of the current GP is to prevent people from moving down a division by removing GP through mods. 100% sure this is correct.

    Also I'm like 90% sure The max GP stat is also used for TW matchmaking again to prevent guilds from removing mods, getting matched, then buffing their GP back up. Could be wrong on this TW usage but even if I am it still effects divisions in GAC.

    People can now be 3.9m gp and division 1. this is why I think we are seeing posts about people who keep getting matched with the same opponents over and over in GAC. (because they are like 500k below the minimum for their division so they all get matched with each other).

    This also brings up another issue of integrity because we now have 3.8m gp people fighting vs other 3.9m gp people competing for spots on a leaderboard against other div 1 people who all have 4.5m gp fighting others with 4.5 or 5m gp.

    The people facing 3.9m gp rosters in div 1 have an advantage over everyone else who has to fight against similar 4.5m plus rosters.

    They could have reset just the lifetime gp stat to 0, fixed the bug, then lifetime max gp refreshes and it would be accurate for everyone. They still should be able to reset max gp ever on stats page. this should not be very hard to fix. Getting them to admit theres a problem and they botched the initial fix is the hard part. Also getting them to fix it may be difficult because they do 0 testing so who knows what they would break trying to fix it.

    Sorry, but you're completely wrong about the GA divisions and TW matching. A friend if mine was hovering 50k below the threshold between division 3&2, and this bug now caused his Max lifetime GP about 200k higher than the threshold. When the GAC season launched, he was still in div 3. It used his actual GP.

    As far as tw matching goes, after players join, their GP is locked. Nobody cares if your add mods after matchmaking - those mods won't be in the war.

    On AnswersHQ, the EA support personnel have confirmed that those numbers are purely visual and aren't used for any in game function.

    However, this is a great example of someone not understanding what those numbers do, and possibly feeling like this bug is having a negative impact on their gameplay.

    First off when rosters lock was recently changed, it happens now at a different time than in the past to prevent mod cheating.

    There is conflicting info from devs then because max lifetime GP was the stat they claimed would be used for divisions when GAC was released. Now you say EA answers is saying the opposite.

    So were back to can you manipulate your GP to be in a lower division. Previously devs said no because max gp was used for divisions but that appears incorrect based on what u say ea answers says.

    So who's right?

    Regardless of when the roster-lock changed happened, we are discussing current state. Therefore what I said was true and accurate.

    I'd say my friend who had actual empirical observations of the Division-setting behavior can definitively say that the "Stats page" is not used for setting your division. It uses the "live" GP version found in your inventory. He was really upset about the GP bug, until he found himself still in Div3, and realized that the Stats page (which showed his Total GP as being inside of Div2) was irrelevant.

    Players have always been able to manipulate their GP to be in a lower division. My friend stayed within 100k of the Div2/Div3 border for 6 months, removing mods off older characters for every upgrade he was willing to make. His roster was lean and mean, and he hit top 10 this time because of that.

    Once your friend moved to div 2 he should never be able to fight again in division 3 is how the devs said it should work so that's what in going by

    Well, according to his GP, he should have been in div2. The fluctuations were fixed, but his stats page still showed a div 2 GP. When the GA launched he was still in div3.

    So it seems that the stats page is irrelevant with regards to division selection.

    Seems and sounds like everything is.
Sign In or Register to comment.