Strange ally requests

Vodo
332 posts Member
A few days ago I posted my ally code in the appropriate thread because I was looking for help on the stage 7 DS missions. I got 7 or 8 requests this day and all looked like that:

D6x4vCQ.jpg

All Ventress, all 6*, all without gear and unskilled. Not all lvl70, one was just 38 and one 54 IIRC.

Any ideas what's going on there?

PS: I deleted my ally code the next morning and haven't gotten any more of these requests since then.

Replies

• Options
    I get ones like that sometimes, too. Mine are usually level 70, 7* Phasmas with no gear. I just reject them.
  • Options
    I got a whole bunch after posting my ally code. But a couple of them posted right away that they would send me a request. And I recognized the name but they were all the same way except 7* Dooku but I use a 7* Dooku as my leader. Do you use a ventress as your leader?
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I put Ventress in the leader spot sometimes so my allies can borrow her.
    So were those requests from real players? Is this just another bug? I rejected them all ofc:~)
  • Options
    Well the ones I got I knew because they had the same name as the people who said they would send me a request. Probably just a bug and they are real players. Cause their leader changed when I looked at my allies in the manage tab.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, thx, I will try again to get allies then.

But srsly, is there any part of this game that isn't somehow bugged??
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    If you accept the requests, you'll find that the actual ally is a completely different hero (normally fully geared, if you're at that point in the game). Don't pay any attention to what they appear to be, it's nonsense.
  • Silken
    88 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Are ally leaders just from arena or from a range of challenges, light, dark, GW???

Could well be that the ally has a strong arena leader, but in dark missions or challenges are just trying out new charactors. Or that they got wiped in GW and put out a weak team, or start with a weak team.

Hence you pick up strangle looking ally leaders from time to time.
  • Options
    I think it's a display bug (as others have said). I've accepted a couple like that, then looked at my allies and the same person actually has real gear.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Well, let's see if this thread can maybe serve another purpose: If anybody here is reading this who can help me out with either a nice RG or a strong Dooku (most useful for last hard DS node I suppose; I have 'ol Daka myself): 382-321-964
    Thx!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request to a guildie who was a whale, but it showed his lead as 4* ungeared Ackbar, when he had a 7* Ackbar in his deck that he's never used as lead.

Just accept the request.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Ha...I started almost the same thread a few days ago. I too have been getting hit with a lot of these request but oddly, since I made that thread, they stopped.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21062/odd-friend-requests#latest