Light Side Geo, so long !

Prev1
Petrallo
28 posts Member
edited December 2019
I haven’t posted much on this forum. I’m a 3 plus year player, I have enjoyed the game, recruiting, and building guilds. Over the past 2-3 years I’ve helped to put together probably 100 plus guilds. I run a 2k plus alliance. It’s a sad day when I can basically get a unanimous vote to not participate in light side Geo battles.

So CG, I hope you guys will see when my 50 plus guilds aren’t participating in a game mode which is in no way, shape or form entertaining. When 300m plus guilds can’t complete a sweep of day 1 or get more than 6 stars. It’s broken, who wants to see their relic 7 get killed in wave 1, day 1. Not sure what you guys are thinking, you are alienating even your most avid supporters like myself. Maybe you’ll rethink things when no one participates in the new mode.

I truly believe the game still has life left in it. Adjust things and put out something new, not dollar driven. We don’t mind spending money if it’s actually fun content. Tempered Alliance won’t be signing up tomorrow! Hope other guilds don’t either.

Replies

• Ima be honest. I didnt read a single word you wrote.

Try

Spacing

Out

Paragraphs
  • Petrallo
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Well I posted for the Devs. Maybe they can read. Edited it for you:)
  • Petrallo wrote: »
    Well I posted for the Devs. Maybe they can read. Edited it for you:)

Thx I actually read it now c:
  • I can’t disagree with the sentiment, the difficulty increase from DS Geo to LS Geo seems pretty ludicrous with the tools we currently have available.

Wether the developers intentions were to have a (yet another tightly spaced) significant power increase in toons, or that the next couple waves of releases will provide characters that will allow more viable options to partake in the content (because nothing says ‘lore appropriate’ like Rose Tico bashing down clankers), it remains that to release a mode where currently maxed out characters cannot even compete at the earliest stages is demoralizing to players and seems to me to be poor design implementation.

But... (there is always a but)

Mass avoidance of the content (on top of potentially falling off the pace of high end PVP portions of the game) will not provide them as much meaningful data to look at potential rebalancing of the mode, and only serves to potentially delay any ‘fix’ that might be forthcoming.

Is it unfortunate that we as players are ending up as a mass beta test unit? It feels that way to me, and many in my guild, alliance, and shard chats (and seems to be an overwhelming consent within the forums as well). But since releasing that content ‘into the wild’, participation giving them real life information followed by constructive criticism and feedback on the forums seems to be the only way to move forward.

The 250M guild I am a member of (and most of the guilds within our alliance) will be participating in the light side geo TB. We aren’t particularly excited about it, but we believe it is the best path forward for ourselves (And hopefully by some small extension, the game).
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Ima be honest. I didnt read a single word you wrote.

Try

Spacing

Out

Paragraphs
    Surprised you didn't ask him to create a new thread for each paragraph
  • Ultra wrote: »

Try

Spacing

Out

Paragraphs
    Surprised you didn't ask him to create a new thread for each paragraph

quality in quantity
  • I liked Geo LS TB very much, it's:
    1) saving alot of time
    2) you always get more than invested
    3) it instantly shows the pain points of your teams, there is no "we will call you later" kind of crap
    4) all the teams that you're gearing for using there, are usefull (yes, i'm pointing at rogue one pilots and ackbar)
    5) rewards, they are really great
    6) it ends in two days
    7) you get the rewards for the higher stars than you could've reached
  • X3ina wrote: »
    I liked Geo LS TB very much, it's:
    1) saving alot of time
    2) you always get more than invested
    3) it instantly shows the pain points of your teams, there is no "we will call you later" kind of crap
    4) all the teams that you're gearing for using there, are usefull (yes, i'm pointing at rogue one pilots and ackbar)
    5) rewards, they are really great
    6) it ends in two days
    7) you get the rewards for the higher stars than you could've reached

Yes because they’re always gonna cancel it and give us rewards for 16*
  • You are in 50 plus guilds?
  • Petrallo
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    No, I’m just in one. I’ve helped build/ merger over 50. I've been in most of them at one point or another. All 50 plus are in the alliance that I oversee. I try to help each guild recruit or merge with another if they drop members, especially with the amount of players quitting. My guild is bordering 240m, and I run two accounts, one just below 6m GP.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Petrallo wrote: »
    Well I posted for the Devs. Maybe they can read.

Unclear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My top 200 guild is out for at least this one as well, in what is probably a futile effort to get cg to do something. But hey at least we’re weighing in with our opinion I guess, which is sadly better than many guilds I know who also hate the content but are doing it anyway for the rewards. Short sighted? Or maybe just cynical... who knows....

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/e8te3i/why_every_guild_regardless_of_gp_should_consider/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    My top 200 guild is out for at least this one as well, in what is probably a futile effort to get cg to do something.

Yes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    My top 200 guild is out for at least this one as well, in what is probably a futile effort to get cg to do something.

Yes.

Your cynicism is already well documented ;)
  • Never stated I was an expert on the tuning. But I have a decent amount of G13 and pretty sure g13 relic 7 shouldn’t be killed on wave 1-2 day 1. Call me crazy. I feel I’m an end game player. I’ve only got 6-7 g11 left on my main account until there all g12 plus. And 99% of the other players I know feel the same way. Including 250m plus guild players. It’s not challenging, it’s ridiculous. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it’s not inline with the dark side Geo in any way. I’m fine with it being harder, but tune day 1 to day 3. My guild hits 29 stars on dark side, so we aren’t far off the best guilds.
  • EAS
    89 posts Member

Try

Spacing

Out

Paragraphs

Sacoewea xd
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    What exactly makes you an expert on how the difficulty should be tuned? I think "your 50 guilds" is going to your head. This is true end-game content and some guilds need a challenge. Not everyone is ready.

Lol a relic 5 full rebel team killed in wave 1 in south territory is no joke lol

And yes top 20 guild here ...no need to shut down with that **** argument
  • Petrallo
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah I have a full relic JKR, full relic padme 5, most of the Rebels, full relic clones, and 20k plus on a second Jedi team. Only padme, clones and JKR could get a wave. It’s basically get stars from deployment which is stupid. I think I got 4-5 waves, but this is day 1.
  • I don’t think it’s a strategy thing, making a game mode 50% harder would be fine. Example, I can do 60-65 waves in DS Geo, I’d say doing 30-35 would be reasonable, sort of. But doing 15-20, max is A pretty stupid jump in difficulty. And I’m in an end game player, good mods, top 10 arena, ships, have done kyber in the top level. Maybe some strategy will help, but we all know they are still prepping for a new paywall.
  • We have a great guild and also will be doing Hoth. Mainly not to send a message, but like prior posters stated it's simply not fun. Im sure CG invested decent money into this TB (I could be wrong, it is just a re-skin,) but anyone can see why they tuned this to be beyond endgame: They dont want to build more TBs and want this to carry them into 2022+. Makes zero sense why they cant re-tune a TB and make it more difficult in later years...such as a Mythic Hoth or etc....vs giving us this unplayable nonsense that is not enjoyable and not even playable for the most part.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    EAS wrote: »
    What exactly makes you an expert on how the difficulty should be tuned? I think "your 50 guilds" is going to your head. This is true end-game content and some guilds need a challenge. Not everyone is ready.

Lol a relic 5 full rebel team killed in wave 1 in south territory is no joke lol

And yes top 20 guild here ...no need to shut down with that **** argument

So you're saying it's your fault for losing. Not sure that's much of a counter argument. I'd suggest checking your kill order and get enough speed!

Relic 7 teams are having characters die before getting a turn in wave 1 of day 1. Not sure what that has to do with strategy.