Replies

• I personally strongly dislike 3v3. I wish more than anything they would give us the option to either do 5v5 or 3v3.

I haven't spent the last 2 1/2 years working on my roster to then only use 3/5ths of it. I'm glad there are people who enjoy it, I'd never want them to take it out of the game and ruin that for those who do but do the same thing with gac you do with tb. Give use the option to choose between the two...
  • Whole game is designed around 5v5...and than some noob decided 3v3 is cool. Now one month of diarrhoea incoming...

On top of that 99% are playing Hoth. Thanks for the content! I guess more time off this game so thanks for this as well!
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I'm think that the people who like 3v3 are the loud minority here.
    I LIKE 3V3!!! :p

The people that hate 3V3 Dont understand what works because they still haven't figured out how to understand what mods work well with a characters kit and the synergies using different characters
    Synergies alone can make a big difference and a game changer
    "AND I LOVE 3V3"!!!!!! lol
  • Shadroth wrote: »
    I still haven’t heard a legitimate reason for not liking it...

There isn't one. Likes and dislikes are personal and sometimes irrational. I don't like it and I don't need a legitimate reason, same as those who like it don't need to justify it because it's an equally respectable opinion.
  • Shadroth wrote: »
    Here's one. If you have most of your roster maxed or most of your roster undergeared, it can be fun, you have the freedom you don't get in 5v5.
    But if you have a focused roster around the exact n teams you generally use (give or take 1-2), some of your G12-13 characters are virtually bench warmers. It's not lack of inventivity, not lack of knowledge on mods and synergies, some just won't fit anywhere properly. (See Poggle for instance, I'll deplete all my geo, droid and separatist synergies before I get to using him)

Add the RNG factor the DR trio will bring and see how well it plays out. In 5v5 you can definitely gear and mod a team to at least cripple DR enough to take him in 2 battles, 100% of the time. In 3v3 that will hardly be the case.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Now one month of diarrhoea incoming...

Hydrate
    XKurareX wrote: »
    On top of that 99% are playing Hoth.

Source?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • 3v3 is the worst thing in the game since Tournaments were a thing
  • I do not really like 3v3 but it’s not all about me. Some people love it. Let them have their day.

3v3 is infinitely better than banning certain toons that people “voted” on.
  • ShawDou wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    So Kyber league is now 44,000 points but feats are still as difficult as they ever were

Some of these undersized wins, and the resistance specific feat wins seem improbable unless you were fighting your own guild members that set poor defenses or your game handle is Skywalker

Only variable that we are missing is how many teams per territory, points per round end and defensive points per team

Agree, feats that force 3 non working characters together on 3v3 and same amount of undersized wins feels like they didnt think this thru at all.

Shocking
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Shadroth wrote: »

None of the squads, abilities, leadership abilities , etc are tuned for 3v3. The entire game is based around 5v5 - including the various archetypes and their respective roles and synergies within a 5 person team. Also, there is nowhere to practice 3v3 - again, because the entire rest of the game is 5v5.

There's 2. I could go on - but the numerous reasons all stem from the above.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    It's all fun and games until someone throws a R7 tusken squad on D

This made me laugh harder than it should have lololol
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I don’t mind it. 3 vs 3 forces a bit more creative thinking. It’s a nice change of pace. I definitely make more mistakes 3 vs 3, but generally so do most of my opponents.

I don’t like that there are way more battles to make up for the fact that our rosters are meant for 5 vs 5. One territory for 3 vs 3 instead of a whole GAC would be my preference if they’re going to do it.

Even though I’m mostly OK with 3 vs 3 I wouldn’t be heartbroken if it was shelved and they stuck with only 5 vs 5.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOVE 3 vs 3 and miss it, but, apparently if your opponent has Malak, and you don't, you are fubared.

This was a HUGE complaint that cycled the forums OVER AND OVER. Did they fix it? (doubt it)

They did! His event returned. Everyone should have him by now 😜

Everyone SHOULD have him... Yes.
    COULD everyone have him?... Probably not.
    WOULD everyone have him?... No.

He. Came. 5. Times

Doesn't matter how many times he's came, if after 2 years of playing I still don't have either Revan then he could've came 100 times and it'd make no difference.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Relics + 3v3 sound like a train wreck.
  • Eesh. I just noticed this was a 3-on-3 Grand Arena...

I'll give it a good faith honest effort, but I don't like the format much. That said, I understand why others like it and I'm glad they're getting what they want, so I'm not a mindless hater saying it should never happen. It's just not for me, is all.

Similarly, I don't like seafood except for fried shrimp. Doesn't mean seafood is bad, just that I'm not a fan.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • How will undersize feats going to work? Will each battle count as undersized or do we need to take 1-2 toons instead of 3? Also will matchmaking take it to account lower character requirement when calculating the top x gp?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Karozg wrote: »
    How will undersize feats going to work? Will each battle count as undersized or do we need to take 1-2 toons instead of 3? Also will matchmaking take it to account lower character requirement when calculating the top x gp?
    You'll need to use 1 or 2 characters for undersized feats.

The number of teams required tends to be proportional to 5v5. The last time we had 3v3, those who placed 6 teams for 5v5 had to place 10 in 3v3, needing 30 characters in both scenarios.
  • Karozg wrote: »
    How will undersize feats going to work? Will each battle count as undersized or do we need to take 1-2 toons instead of 3? Also will matchmaking take it to account lower character requirement when calculating the top x gp?

Only teams of 1 or 2 are undersized. A good time to use an undersized team is when you've killed two enemies, but lost the first fight.

Matchmaking will sort of take it into account. The matchmaking is based on the combined GP of your top X characters. We don't know what X is, for sure, but we know that it's predicated on the number of characters that need to be placed on defense. The speculation is that it's the number of characters on defense times two (because you need at least an equal number for offense), so last time I had to place 7 defense squads of five, so the top 70 characters would be looked at for matchmaking (PURE SPECULATION, but it's the operating theory that the community is working on). If I have to place 10 teams of three on defense this time, then it would be the top 60. But if it's anything like last time they did 3-on-3, you're going to wind up using more characters on defense than 5-on-5.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I’m looking toward to the next round of GAC. 3v3 is a different type of challenge that forces me the think outside the box. With the long lay off since the last 3v3 GAC it’s going to be even more of an unknown as new toons and relics have been added.

My only concerns are that we don’t have any other game mode to test 3v3 Squads and I struggle to see what teams will be able to counter a full relic DR/BSF/DM.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOVE 3 vs 3 and miss it, but, apparently if your opponent has Malak, and you don't, you are fubared.

This was a HUGE complaint that cycled the forums OVER AND OVER. Did they fix it? (doubt it)

They did! His event returned. Everyone should have him by now 😜

Everyone SHOULD have him... Yes.
    COULD everyone have him?... Probably not.
    WOULD everyone have him?... No.

He. Came. 5. Times

Doesn't matter how many times he's came, if after 2 years of playing I still don't have either Revan then he could've came 100 times and it'd make no difference.

Mirror.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    None of the squads, abilities, leadership abilities , etc are tuned for 3v3. The entire game is based around 5v5 - including the various archetypes and their respective roles and synergies within a 5 person team.

And yet 3v3 works perfectly fine.

Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Also, there is nowhere to practice 3v3 - again, because the entire rest of the game is 5v5.

True, but that's not inherently bad. Means that we have to discover and adapt, instead of using the same old strategies. Some people like that, others don't.
  • Interesting that they chose this directly after battle logs were released. I'd be interested to know if/why it was planned this way.
  • I like 3v3 better than 5v5, I think it's an interesting challenge. If those filthy ship-lovers (jk) get to have their fun, then so should I.
  • Interesting that they chose this directly after battle logs were released. I'd be interested to know if/why it was planned this way.

Over the years of playing, I'm less inclined to believe matters such as these are "planned."
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • 3v3 = true joyment to meet cch r7 and than loose with mirror due to rng stun on chewie and going first of course...after that you most likely are done already thanks to one rng decision! Top mode ;) Super tested and kick ****.../round applause
  • All bets off makes me uncomfortable, but I like variety and being forced off comfort zone.
  • I don't understand you, your all crying for new content,3vs3 is something fresh and exciting. It's alot more fun then 5v5. Now we can Theory craft and have I blast. I for one love it.
  • The Ships section should rotate between Ships and 3v3 each GAC. All other sections should be 5v5.
  • Mysticus wrote: »
    Biggest problem with 3x3 is that we dont have any single place to try it. No GW, arena, pve, pvp. Nothing. And suddenly we are forced to compete 3v3. That is ****.

Omega Battles /s