Replies

• Options
    Instead of arguing about what we can't change, how about discussing what might work?

Best 3 geos? GBA, Sun Fac, and Spy??

Shaak-ti, Arc, and 5s?

Could we make a mini GG nuke squad? Could it beat DR + Malak?
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Mysticus wrote: »
    Biggest problem with 3x3 is that we dont have any single place to try it. No GW, arena, pve, pvp. Nothing. And suddenly we are forced to compete 3v3. That is ****.

Omega Battles /s

Lol
  • Options
    Shadroth wrote: »
    I still haven’t heard a legitimate reason for not liking it...

There isn't one. Likes and dislikes are personal and sometimes irrational. I don't like it and I don't need a legitimate reason, same as those who like it don't need to justify it because it's an equally respectable opinion.
    Here's one. If you have most of your roster maxed or most of your roster undergeared, it can be fun, you have the freedom you don't get in 5v5.
    But if you have a focused roster around the exact n teams you generally use (give or take 1-2), some of your G12-13 characters are virtually bench warmers. It's not lack of inventivity, not lack of knowledge on mods and synergies, some just won't fit anywhere properly. (See Poggle for instance, I'll deplete all my geo, droid and separatist synergies before I get to using him)

Add the RNG factor the DR trio will bring and see how well it plays out. In 5v5 you can definitely gear and mod a team to at least cripple DR enough to take him in 2 battles, 100% of the time. In 3v3 that will hardly be the case.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

None of the squads, abilities, leadership abilities , etc are tuned for 3v3. The entire game is based around 5v5 - including the various archetypes and their respective roles and synergies within a 5 person team. Also, there is nowhere to practice 3v3 - again, because the entire rest of the game is 5v5.

There's 2. I could go on - but the numerous reasons all stem from the above.

Well said, I just wanted to hear informed opinions rather than “it sucks” or “I just don’t like it”
    Thanks for responding.
  • Options
    Hate 3v3, the game isnt built for it.

• Options
    Hate 3v3, the game isnt built for it.

I totally get hating it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The “game isn’t built for it” thing is harder to defend. Squads function just fine with more or less numbers. There are only three basic rolls anyhow. Attack, tank, and heal/support. Most characters now fill multiple rolls. Teams function differently, but there are plenty of functional 3 person squads. It’s not like we’re being asked to build houses with a spatula. We’re doing the same job with the same tools, just less of them.

Additionally, humans aren’t built to swim. We’re optimized to walk upright on dry land. But I enjoy watching people who practice enough to be good at it compete. People who don’t like 3 vs 3 might like it better after getting some practice even if 5 vs 5 was the original intent.
  • Options
    8u4k5sftjdoy.jpeg
  • Options
    8u4k5sftjdoy.jpeg

I'd be so happy if I checked my opponents defense and I saw this.
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    8u4k5sftjdoy.jpeg

I did basically this last GAC and did pretty well because I put a strong fleet down. So they beat my squads, but only a couple people cleared my fleet. Meanwhile I had all my good teams left over for offense and their strong offense teams were basically wasted overkill.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    8u4k5sftjdoy.jpeg

I did basically this last GAC and did pretty well because I put a strong fleet down. So they beat my squads, but only a couple people cleared my fleet. Meanwhile I had all my good teams left over for offense and their strong offense teams were basically wasted overkill.

Yeah I usually just chuck my average falcon squad on D and Negotiator on O.

My strat is all the terrible banner teams are on D (grievous, ect) and then split up my Revans for offense and I rarely loose.

The only issue is that I get cocky which costed me 1 round.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It's so remarkably stupid to run 3v3. Did they forget about Malak? Their most ridiculously designed character ever?
  • Options
    Interesting that they chose this directly after battle logs were released. I'd be interested to know if/why it was planned this way.

Over the years of playing, I'm less inclined to believe matters such as these are "planned."
    They're planned in the sense of them sitting around the table and asking the question, "what would annoy our players the most?"

• Options
    Supermoshe wrote: »
    I don't understand you, your all crying for new content,3vs3 is something fresh and exciting. It's alot more fun then 5v5. Now we can Theory craft and have I blast. I for one love it.

Everyone but you has a different idea of what "new content" is.
  • Options
    8u4k5sftjdoy.jpeg

I might see those teams... if I can get past my opponent's relic 7 Malak, Revan, and Bastila in the front row.

Spoiler Alert: I can't.
  • Options
    Lynora wrote: »
    8u4k5sftjdoy.jpeg

I might see those teams... if I can get past my opponent's relic 7 Malak, Revan, and Bastila in the front row.

Spoiler Alert: I can't.

Not that hard. As long as ur Revan or bastila is faster.
  • Options
    Who cares, just fix the in game chat board.its the worst. Give us emojis an shtuff
  • Options
    I have both revans, and gg relic’d.... and I have a sucky malak.... but my opponent doesn’t have any revans, or gg, or even geos... I don’t know why they can’t get match making right but I feel bad for my opponent
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I have both revans, and gg relic’d.... and I have a sucky malak.... but my opponent doesn’t have any revans, or gg, or even geos... I don’t know why they can’t get match making right but I feel bad for my opponent

I got G13, DR, GG, BSF & JKA

And my opponent has g12 phoenix as their arena team.

I feel bad tbh
  • Options
    I got a really lopsided match too. First time in D2 so I expected to be punished immediately. Dude only has 2 G13 and they’re Geos. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Trapped in Carbonite is my goal for this GAC. 3v3 is broken with Malak in the game.
  • Options

Their matchmaking IS right... in a sense. If their goal is to make the impotent player so frustrated he empties his bank account to get his own Malak.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options

Their matchmaking IS right... in a sense. If their goal is to make the impotent player so frustrated he empties his bank account to get his own Malak.

Except you can't 'buy' stars for Malak.
  • Options
    Please sell GET packs. Haha.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

Except you can't 'buy' stars for Malak.

But you can buy your way into a high end guild ;)
  • Options
    Does GAS work at all in 3v3?

How they plan to handle double tank reg groups? Nothing in this game works for this mode. Its a blatant bad design decision to even have a mode which is nowhere used nor tested. That some combos do work 3v5 is well known due their overpowered synergy, but some combos are literally unbeatable.

How you are going to handle multiple squads as of Sthan/wat, L3/Zaalbar, Malak, GG and co...you wont break the defense in 3v3 because the game is not balanced for it. There is no 3v3 anywhere inside the game at all even. What for design team even decides this?
  • Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Does GAS work at all in 3v3?
    How you are going to handle multiple squads as of Sthan/wat, L3/Zaalbar, Malak, GG and co...you wont break the defense in 3v3 because the game is not balanced for it.
    As much as I don't like 3v3 I disagree with you here. You can always go stronger on offence if you suspect your opponent to put up a heavy defence.
  • Options
    Wait, what? Did i miss something? Are we getting 3v3 in this GAC?
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Wait, what? Did i miss something? Are we getting 3v3 in this GAC?
    Yes, this GAC is 3v3 squads plus a fleet zone.
  • Options
    Oh boy, i feel that's the worst combination ever possible...
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    When is the 1v1 gac?

10 teams per area... 4 areas

We need new content
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    When is the 1v1 gac?