Hyperdrive bundle proves they promote the gear bottlenecks

Look at the gear included in the hyperdrive bundle. For $100 it's a steal, but it also is so skewed in what they give you, it just further shows that, despite what tophat said about the gear crunch and asking what we were talking about, they know exactly what it is, promote it, and have no intentions to do anything about it.

Look at the numbers of each gear it gives.

Why does it give only 100 of the most needed gear (mk8 eyeballs, mk5 stun guns and cuffs, mk3 carbanti, and the kryotechs) but give 200-300 of the non bottle neck gear, including some of the challenge gear that veterans have 3000+ of. I guess they wanted these hyperdrive people to feel from an early time what it's like to have 100s of useless gear yet buy a bundle with tons of gear that won't be able to get any of the characters from g8 to g9 cause of bottle neck gear. They will have no good explanation for why these gear pieces in particular were only given at 100 except that it will fuel the future purchases to get them...

Replies

• Options
    Good point.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    Unsurprising.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Unsurprising.

Basically a norm now
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Unsurprising.

Basically a norm now

Now?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    We needed "proof"?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Unsurprising.

Basically a norm now

Now?

Well its increased dramatically
  • Options
    It's ridiculous that same bottle-neck gear is needed at all gear levels. Many Raid gear, Carbanties, Guns and Cuffs at g8-9 levels? OK. But don't require them for g12++ and finishers at least.
    It's 100% intentional and devs "not understanding" the problem just saying lies, hope they feel the shame for it (don't really believe in it tho).
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous that same bottle-neck gear is needed at all gear levels. Many Raid gear, Carbanties, Guns and Cuffs at g8-9 levels? OK. But don't require them for g12++ and finishers at least.
    It's 100% intentional and devs "not understanding" the problem just saying lies, hope they feel the shame for it (don't really believe in it tho).

It is annoying being lied to. However, they won't admit it openly that they take advantage of their customers like this.
  • Options
    I mean, yeah? Bottlenecks are intentional. That's not new or a secret. They do it on purpose to get you to spend. That's like, how free to play games work.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Unsurprising.

Basically a norm now

Now?

Well its increased dramatically

Wrong again.

2 wrongs make a right

Double negative
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I mean, yeah? Bottlenecks are intentional. That's not new or a secret. They do it on purpose to get you to spend. That's like, how free to play games work.

Not necessarily. Last I checked, Path of Exile was running solely on cosmetic microtransactions, and it has been going strong for years. When the game is enjoyable, players will spend to support it even without being forced to. And you know the quote about tightening the grip and slipping between the fingers...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Not necessarily. Last I checked, Path of Exile was running solely on cosmetic microtransactions, and it has been going strong for years. When the game is enjoyable, players will spend to support it even without being forced to. And you know the quote about tightening the grip and slipping between the fingers...

Wanna add that is also fortnites model basically get as many players as possible and sell skins and they make like 300 million a month and dont even have a license because there was no following to begin with.... this game has a massive following its star wars! Yet they milking the players to death for 10 million a month with gear crunches, power creep, and never ending bugged new content.

Imagine what it would be like if 45 of our original 50 hadn't quit over time and were still spending and playing. It's too late to change course now but this could have been a totally different experience